Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Lord's Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lord's Day (550 Views)

What Is The Lord's Day? / Why Christians Consider Sunday As "The Lord's Day". / What Is The Difference Between 'the Lord's Day' And "The Day Of The Lord"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lord's Day by ajiboye007(m): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2016
THE LORD'S DAY .............

MUSLIM ASK : WHERE ARE U COMMANDED TO GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY .......?

what is lord's day ? the is the first day of the week which is sunday .

why its important to worship on this day ?
1).Jesus rose on the first day (Sunday)
Jesus was crucified on Friday and rose on the first day .
2). The Holy Spirit was given on Pentecost Acts 2:1, which always falls on a Sunday.
3). Early Christians from 30-300AD referred to Sunday as the Lord's day BECAUSE it was the day Jesus rose from the dead.
4). church i.e people or (Assembly of believer) gather together on this day . Acts 20:6-7 But we sailed away from Philippi after the Days of Unleavened Bread, and in five days joined them at Troas, where we stayed seven days. Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.

PROPHECY ..........

"The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief corner stone . This is the Lord's doing; It is marvelous in our eyes. This is the day which the Lord has made ; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. O Lord, do save, we beseech You; O Lord, we beseech You, do send prosperity! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord; We have blessed you from the house of the Lord. " (Psalm 118:22-26)

EARLY CHURCH PERSONALITY

107AD IGNATIUS: let every friend of Christ keep the Lord's Day as a festival, the resurrection-day, the queen and chief of all the days of the week . (Ignatius, Epistle to the Magnesians, chp 9. Ante-Nicene Fathers , vol. 1, pg. 62-63.)

130AD BARNABAS: Moreover God says to the Jews, 'Your new moons and Sabbaths 1 cannot endure.' You see how he says, 'The present Sabbaths are not acceptable to me, but the Sabbath which I have made in which, when I have rested [heaven: Heb 4] from all things, I will make the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another world .'
Wherefore we Christians keep the eighth day for joy, on which also Jesus arose from the dead and when he appeared ascended into heaven. (15:8f, The Epistle of Barnabas, 100 AD, Ante-Nicene Fathers , vol. 1, pg. 147)

ITS A SERIOUS MATTER .

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Williams Kumuyi Envision What Will Happen To Nigeria’s Economy / Rccg Re-constructs Ife To Ilesha Road (pics+video) / Godliness And Contentment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.