Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Daily Discipline To Make Your Day More Productive - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Daily Discipline To Make Your Day More Productive (530 Views)

Police Sack 8 Officers, Discipline 108 In Lagos / Want To Be More Productive? Sit Next To Someone Who Is / 4 Easy Ways To Become More Productive & Attract Favour In Your Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Discipline To Make Your Day More Productive by olamideasmau: 12:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
A lot of times, I make schedules for my days to help me maximize my day and make it productive. But often times, I end up not following my schedule because something came up, or I was just too lazy, or I stumbled on a new movie that I just had to watch. Am sure you go through the same thing and even though we try to do what we say we want to do, it just so happens that something comes up every now and then. And that is life really.
Here is a practical, personal illustration that I hope will bring more understanding on the issue. When I started my bog, I had a plan where I scheduled to write 2 posts daily. The first week was very unproductive; I couldn’t even write 3 posts that week. Every time I sat down to write, I’ll think of something else that I need to do. And at that point I felt very frustrated because It felt like I couldn’t do what I know I had the ability to do.
A lot of us feel this way each time we plan our day and know exactly what is it we need to do, but eventually we don’t get to do those things. While trying to figure out what to do, I did some research and stumbled on a blog post that talks about daily discipline needed for daily success. While reading I could see how I lacked discipline, I realized that I knew what to do, how to do it and when to do it, I just wasn’t disciplined enough to do it.
So I have decided to share with you these tips, that has helped me not only to meet my blogpost target but these tips have helped me in every area of my life;
1. Have a morning ritual
I have talked about morning ritual in a previous post. And I would like to emphasize how important this is. Having a morning ritual helps you get ready to start your day. For me, my morning ritual includes having quiet time, listening to motivational speeches, and writing. And what this does is to give me clarity and open the doors of possibilities. Having this routine has changed everything about my day; how I think, act, what I believe and how I feel about myself. I encourage you to choose a routine that works for you, feel free to experiment while trying to find the best routine.
2. Take out 30 minutes every morning before to go out.
What this does is to help you schedule your day. I advise that you have a daily to do list and put in writing everything you have to do that day. Because it is in the morning, your mind is very alert, and within those 30 minutes, you can seem through the information going through your head and write down everything you think you have to do that day without forgetting any.
3. Eat breakfast
I know this sound like a cliché, but I can assure you that it is very important. Asides the health benefits, there are many benefits to eating breakfast. For the purpose of this post, eating breakfast will help you have the energy to do the things you need to do, especially if you are a morning person like me. I am most productive in the morning, so I wake up very early and when I skip breakfast, I become very slow throughout that day. According to Diabetes.org, people who forgo breakfast are not as productive at work, are less effective problem solvers and have less mental clarity compared to people who regularly eat a healthy breakfast.
4. Evaluate your day before going to bed at night
When you evaluate your day, you get to see what worked and what didn’t work what you could have done better and what you shouldn’t have done at all. The whole point of evaluating your day, is not to beat yourself up about what didn’t work, but to see your weaknesses and work on them to make tomorrow productive. While evaluating your day, you should also take out time to plan what you would do the next day.
When it comes to taking action over a certain period, we simply will not feel motivated to do what we need to do in the moment, all the time. This is why self-discipline is vital, each and every day, and why we need to establish our own boundaries in order continually take action, without flagging, especially if we work independently. Nothing can be achieved without a certain level of discipline.
So my question today is:
What goal or project have you been trying to do that you haven’t done. And if you have, how have you been able to achieve it?
Leave a comment below to share your experience.
Thanks for reading

To read more post, visit www.moaspeaks.

Re: Daily Discipline To Make Your Day More Productive by dovie002(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2016
Nice piece

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Offer For COREN Certified / Learn How To Develop A Mobile Application / Good News For Fresh Graduates - Oil Nd Gas Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.