Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,080 members, 7,818,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years (39724 Views)

FG Appoints Abdul-Akaba Sumaila As Sole Administrator Of Ajaokuta Steel Complex / Nigeria’s Steel Sector Comes Alive Despite Failed Ajaokuta / Chinese Supermarket In Abuja Where Nigerians Are Not Allowed Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Ayodeji4real1: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2016
wu was dat fool that discovered oil... I pity dis country in d next 2 year I think by then we will be ordering farm product 4rm oda country
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by mamaafrik(m): 11:13am On Aug 23, 2016
EXCELSMITH:
Whats wrong if buhari use that money for oil exploration in the north to revitalise this Ajaokuta steel..... What are his economic advisers even doing?.
iya bose pls giv this guy a bottle of Origin

2 Likes

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by mcpapillo(m): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2016
Lukmann1:
maintenance have always is our problem, they builded things and they lacks of how in to maintained it of in long time.

BUILDED KWAA?
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by freeborn76(m): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2016
Just sell that place to Dangote, Orji Uzo Kalu, Ifeanyi Ubah or Femi Otedola abeg!
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by valdes00(m): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2016
Jeezuzpick:

.......So we shouldn't even try, right?
Perhaps we should just forget we even have huge deposits of iron ore then.
"WE" .... Escuz me, who r the "WE" u were referring to...
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Worksunlimited: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2016
chimere66:
more

Seems this place hasn't been touched since the 80s... All the official visits, by government officials, in the past has basically been for propanganda sake..

I mean, see that old school Volkswagen bus wey dey inside one of the pictures there...

It's just sad...

What would it cost to do the right thing in this country..?

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by signz: 11:22am On Aug 23, 2016
FG should sell it off. No need wasting money trying to resuscitate it.

Entrepreneurs should invest in our Iron and steel sectors. It deosnt have to be as big as Ajaokuta, it can be small or medium steel factories scattered all over Nigeria.

What Ajaokuta and oil refineries have told us is that Government cannot run businesses and should never be allowed to do so again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Charly68: 11:23am On Aug 23, 2016
All those who contributed to the abortion of the great lofty dream for this company shall pine away like they have allowed the investment on Ajaokuta to do. Let God waste them as they have wasted our national resources
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by planetx: 11:25am On Aug 23, 2016
[quote author=shiftmarket post=48729588][/quote]There is a conspiracy theory out there that Ajaokuta was sabotaged by the western powers afraid of an industrialized Africa led by Nigeria using the military overthrow of the Shagari government to slow down and ultimately abandoned this vital bedrock of Nigeria's industrialization. Reading this article kind of give credence to that theory but who really knows, except to commend the Shagari government for its vision and also the Lagos metro being built by Jakande also cancelled by this same Buhari that dumb Nigerians decided to bring back in 2015.
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by makazona(m): 11:26am On Aug 23, 2016
A dream child of the Soviet and their allies who made an inroad to the Nigeria business environment by supplying MiG fighters and "technical assistance" to the Gowon war effort...
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by anaton(m): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2016
If they had built the complex at Onitsha, the story would have been different.SE has the natural resources (Iron Ore), manpower, technical depth, maintenance culture etc..For instance look at PRODA and SEDI in Enugu despite govt neglect, they are still churning out things.But of course the losers in the civil war are not meant to reap the benefits that comes with been in one Nigeria.

Quote me at your peril. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Rayplanet(m): 11:36am On Aug 23, 2016
The complex will no doubt witness a Change this time around following the successful resolution of the legal tussles that lingered for years .

http://thetorrent.com.ng/2016/08/19/ajaokuta-steel-to-begin-operations-in-18months/

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by liztemi(f): 11:39am On Aug 23, 2016
valdes00:

Can't imagine the amount of money that will be embezzled while trying to mak tins right.....
U do ave a solid point sha
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Lukmann1: 11:44am On Aug 23, 2016
AnonyNymous:

I agree with you 100%

**its 'built' not 'builded'
I couldn't help it
thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:46am On Aug 23, 2016
OfficialAwol:

So what has bubu done differently now?
Silly question. Are not supposed to be asking what PDP did for 16 years?

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:51am On Aug 23, 2016
kaen1317:
I guess they'll blame GEJ for this too
Na why you no get sense?

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by JERRY1925(m): 11:59am On Aug 23, 2016
What u see UP....cant evn be compared to wat is underground...this steel company is BIG!!!!!
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Davidokeke(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
I still believe things can be done right of only this govt will sit up get to work and stop blaming the past govt.
Put things right first and start your probing must you suffer all Nigerians for what we dnt know anything about it?eeeh
Nigerians are not asking for too much oh just job opportunity and food and you become the best of all president.
Am David just wana make common Sense
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by JERRY1925(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
What u see UP....cant evn be compared to wat is underground...this steel company is BIG!!!!!but useless...unserious Government
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2016
i was in this same place in 2012 and it was an eyesore seeing mega multi million dollars investment rotting away..
As a geologist on tour then in my university days,we were informed that the company can employ 3000 staffs at a go and over 2000 indirectly...

have u been to the mine, you will weep for this country as deposits of ironstone lay in ruins and we import the same iron rods for our daily construction..

previous administration promised to revive the company but its all lies...

May God help us..

2 Likes

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
chimere66:
A comprehensive tour of Ajaokuta Steel Complex by Makoji Stephen Ejiga where investments were allowed to rot away for many years that will have made Nigeria, an Industrial hub in Africa!

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/08/photos-of-ajaokuta-steel-complex-where.html
OP nawa ooo are you sure you went to Ajaokuta at all,this pix is just like 5 percent of the complex nah,the day I went there,I was madt gan,money was thrown into that place oo I tell you,Ajaokuta was built purely as a steel community on its own,everything was there from staff houses,transport routes, railways, recreation,hospital,just name it everything was there from the mighty steel complex to the Admin building but the Nigerian Factor Happened,the Government lost interest as usual,let's just pray for ourselves and our leaders cos the youths of today,I fear them they have totally lost focus and they might do worse that the present day government. GOD bless NIGERIA
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by MrCounselor: 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Sorry case
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by spyglaxx: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
Africa is indeed a prodigal continent.
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
clydedaniels:

Nigga watttt?

Guy u no well o.... loooooooool

T was after seeing your post that I read d other post well. Might b wrong but that guy definitely isnt educated.
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by cjeriia: 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lukmann1:
maintenance have always is our problem, they builded things and they lacks of how in to maintained it of in long time.
Woah....!!!!!!!
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Luukasz(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
OfficialAwol:

So what has bubu done differently now?
What did bubu's predecessors also did. I wl keep saying it Nigeria can never be a great nation cos people like u are one of the reasons ure expecting instant miracles without hardwork.
This man bubu or whatever you call em is not a messiah and can never be cos Nigeria can never have a messiah.

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by MissingBudget: 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
The structures still look pretty good to me. It's not too late to do something about it.
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by abbeyty(m): 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
futurenix:
Our leaders discovered oil and left every other source of income. Now they are blaming the masses for shopping outside while they themselves order even their drinking water from abroad.

don't mind them, they are hypocrites. i dont know how many of them use Aba made shoes
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by demmy66: 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lukmann1:
ahhhh.. lukman.... what language are you speaking? joor speak your language...
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by simpleseyi: 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
ezugegere:
And to imagine that it was this same Buhari that stopped this project in 1984. Buhari is the worst enemy of Nigeria!

You are right my brother, Buhari stopped Babangida from making the industry work. Buhari stopped Obasanjo from making the industry work. Buhari stopped Yar'Adua from making the industry work. Buhari also stopped Jonathan from making the industry work. I think you are more useless than the cantankerous sheppopo Mama Piss.

1 Like

Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
megainvest:
These pictures are just a glimpse into the ocean of waste at Ajaokuta. I have been there and I can tell you that any sane human who visits that place will be brought close to tears. The facilities in there are enormous. You need to visit there to understand the enormity. That place is capable of changing the face of the manufacturing industry for good.

same is rotting away at ALSCON at Ikot Abasi in Akwa IBom State
Re: Inside Ajaokuta Steel Complex Where Investments Were Allowed To Rot For Years by bharkarh(m): 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lukmann1:
I try pick your message sha. Word!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Face-Mask Can Cause Failed ATM Transactions - Banks / Differences Between Debit And Credit Cards / Man’s New Doughnut Store Sells Out After Son Tweeted He Was Sad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.