Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,988 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Why Not? 20 Epic 21st Century Nigerian Songs That Really Deserve Music Videos - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why Not? 20 Epic 21st Century Nigerian Songs That Really Deserve Music Videos (423 Views)

Top Ten Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In May 2018 / 5 Nigerian Songs That Shouldn't Have Been On The Spotlight / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Not? 20 Epic 21st Century Nigerian Songs That Really Deserve Music Videos by chideyofficial(m): 8:19am On Aug 23, 2016
Now, it’s no longer news that the Nigerian music industry is on a rapid development. Foreign collaborations, capital intensive projects, over-the-top PR/publicity, cultural impact, social influence, quality productions and…music videos.

Gone are the days when artistes rarely shoot music videos because of fund or personnel issues. Now, the money boku plus we have high tech dudes to handle the motion picture part. Aje Film works, Unlimited LA, Mex, Clarence Peters, Sesan, Moe Musa, Adasa Cookey, Patrick Elis, the list is endless…

Hence, nowadays, every hit song (even those wey no hit sef) now have their music video equivalent.

But there are some songs that we love so so much and would have relished the opportunity to see their videos, but because of some reasons best known to the artistes and their team, we never saw no videos. And who knows, maybe the videos could have taken these songs to greater heights.

And I hope they somehow get to read this post and surprise us with unexpected videos of these songs, lol.

But for the meantime, here are 20 we can only but wish for…

1. Joy by Wizkid
You know, Many Nigerian fans have divided the scene into two, one for Wizkid, one for Davido. Crazy.
And 2014 was in my guy’s words “Davido’s year”. And trust Naija fans, they can be impatient and easily forgetful, “this Wizkid is wack, sings sh|t, blah blah blah…”
And that was when Wizkid dropped Joy.
Sampled like Bob Marley’s “No Woman No Cry”, the song is 100 in all ramifications. Wiz surprised lot of peeps, even OBO himself tweeted in salutation for the song calling Wiz a “legend”. Not only him, many other bigwigs in the entertainment industry.
So, it’s commonsense to anticipate the official video. But Wiz had other plans.
Long story short, Wiz released no official video for “Joy”. It was only that Tim Westwood video, but there was no official visuals. How we would love a video. It would give us joy too, nothing but joy.

2. Scapegoat by D’banj
My big bro will be like “when D’banj was D’banj” (as if D’banj don turn to Vic O abi Mr Ibu, lol).
Song was a hit (a classic, for me). But the koko master for reasons best known to him and the gods decided not to release an official music for our beloved “Scapegoat”.
He only gave it one kind remix like that…featuring Kanye.

3. Good Die Young by Phyno
No matter what Phyno raps (or sings) again, he will NEVER do a song that will touch my soul like Good Die Young”. The lyrics, production and everything is perfect as Phyno raps about his dead loved ones on a Marvin Gaye-sampled track.

As a matter of fact, this is unarguably my most favourite Phyno song. Thank God I understand Igbo.

Such an emotional outing, you would naturally expect a video, but Phyno thought otherwise. Since 2014 till date, no video yet. With a good montage and storyline showing those dead pals, the video would have topped charts and help publicize the song more.

(In Akpos’ voice) And he had time to shoot videos for O Set and even those stupid Yayo & Nme Nme videos (Clarence can be wicked sha, lol).

4. Omo Tosan by 2face
Who is that person that his heart won’t melt when he hears this song? Show me. Baba killed it on this one, walahi.
Was one of the ace tracks in 2face’s Away & Beyond album (2012).
But one question abounds. Why didn’t 2baba shoot a video for this song?

5. Share My Blessings by Naeto C ft Asa
“All white kaftan like the stripes on a Tom Tom…”
The opening lines of that power collabo, arguably the most lyrical song by Naeto. Naeto killed it, Asa buried it. And we loooooove it.
But why was there no video?

6. To Be A Man by Flavour
You know, with all the celebrations, public holidays and songs dedicated to women, someone had to do something (at least for once) for we dem men, who else but the quintessential brother, Mr Flavour.
Back then, anywhere you enter, be it kiosk, tailor shop, shoemaker, even among Yahoo boys, it was an anthem for all male hustlers.
I, personally, expected and anticipated this video like heaven. A good job by Clarence or Godfather would have been fantastic.
Too bad.

7. Going To Heaven by Olamide
One of my most fave Baddo’s song. Brother went deep and touched the heart of many brothers. You need to listen to that ending part where he was calling the names of the departed brothers, quite emotional.
Brothers in the hood expected a video like our life depended on it.

You can read the rest of the list here http://nolongtalk.com/not-20-epic-21st-century-nigerian-songs-really-deserve-music-videos/

(1) (Reply)

How Nollywood Actress, Anita Joseph Begged For Money At Airport / Popular Rapper Lil Wayne Retire From Rap / Nairalander Releases Independence Day Single.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.