Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Need Proofreaders For Academic Content - Seeking Detail-oriented English Expert. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Need Proofreaders For Academic Content - Seeking Detail-oriented English Expert. (1069 Views)

Vacancies At University Of Uyo For Academic Staff / Need Proofreaders For Academic Content - Seeking Detail-oriented English expert. / Edo University Massive Recruitment For Academic And Non-academic Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Proofreaders For Academic Content - Seeking Detail-oriented English Expert. by victor101(m): 9:09am On Aug 23, 2016
You must be VERY familiar with conventions of English language and proper grammar usage and punctuation, EXTREMELY communicative to be able to work on this project, have a personal Laptop with (Google Chrome and Skype Installed), large Internet data with superb Internet speed 24/7.

If you can consistently deliver high-quality and don't miss deadlines, you may have just found a new home. What I'm looking for is simple: PLEASE be serious about the work that you do. Please treat this as an actual job instead of just a side-hobby to generate some extra money if/when you need it. Here are the key things that I'm looking for:

1. Unemployed graduates or a hard-working stay at home mom, as we believe these set of people will have the required amount of time needed for this project. You must be:

2. Fast-paced and smart, self-motivated, diligent worker who obeys before complain (obeys instructions)

3. Basic computer skills to work on the "google doc spreadsheet (MS Excel)"

4. Available for immediately hire (preferably today I'll be available to reply to your email in the next one hour after this post goes live!)

5. Must apply with your Skype ID (We'll train you on how to do the job via Skype Screen Share in just couple of minutes)

6. A good communicator. If you are going to disappear for days on end when there is work to be done, this is not going to be a good fit for you (or for me). Regular updates keep everyone on track - and more importantly, they ensure that deadlines are met.

7. An excellent command of the English language is a given - otherwise, you're going to get frustrated with me, and I'm going to get frustrated with you.

8. Reliable. I will do my absolute best to set you up for success from the day you come on board. What I ask in return is that you commit to setting yourself up for success right out of the gates as well. There is most likely going to be a learning curve in the beginning, so I'll be working with you closely to get you up to speed on things as quickly as possible. If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, I encourage you to submit a proposal convincing us why you should be given the opportunity to work on this project in just 2 Paragraph so that I can gauge your English skill level. *** When applying, please reference "Am available for this job, with a personal laptop on Good internet speed." somewhere in your submission. If you fail to include this text somewhere in your cover letter, your application will be immediately deleted.

Following directions is critical to the success of the work you'll be doing, and this is a minor test to ensure that you can - and will. When applying, I would appreciate it if you can let me know the following:

1. how quickly you would be able to start
2. what's your availability is on a daily basis.
3. your Nairaland ID(s) (moniker)

I know I've thrown a lot out here, but I like to be as detailed and thorough as possible as it relates to what I'm looking for. I'm looking for someone who is in this for the long haul. Is that you? If so, I can't wait to hear from you!

Send email to: aprofessor@naij.com
NOTE: We don't acknowledge receipt of emails, because of the large volume we do receive in our job post/our very busy schedule. We'll only contact qualified candidate for the next phase.
Re: Need Proofreaders For Academic Content - Seeking Detail-oriented English Expert. by Ewizard(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2016
check your mail brof.. smiley
Re: Need Proofreaders For Academic Content - Seeking Detail-oriented English Expert. by Jasi7(m): 11:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
victor101:
You must be VERY familiar with conventions of English language and proper grammar usage and punctuation, EXTREMELY communicative to be able to work on this project, have a personal Laptop with (Google Chrome and Skype Installed), large Internet data with superb Internet speed 24/7.

If you can consistently deliver high-quality and don't miss deadlines, you may have just found a new home. What I'm looking for is simple: PLEASE be serious about the work that you do. Please treat this as an actual job instead of just a side-hobby to generate some extra money if/when you need it. Here are the key things that I'm looking for:

1. Unemployed graduates or a hard-working stay at home mom, as we believe these set of people will have the required amount of time needed for this project. You must be:

2. Fast-paced and smart, self-motivated, diligent worker who obeys before complain (obeys instructions)

3. Basic computer skills to work on the "google doc spreadsheet (MS Excel)"

4. Available for immediately hire (preferably today I'll be available to reply to your email in the next one hour after this post goes live!)

5. Must apply with your Skype ID (We'll train you on how to do the job via Skype Screen Share in just couple of minutes)

6. A good communicator. If you are going to disappear for days on end when there is work to be done, this is not going to be a good fit for you (or for me). Regular updates keep everyone on track - and more importantly, they ensure that deadlines are met.

7. An excellent command of the English language is a given - otherwise, you're going to get frustrated with me, and I'm going to get frustrated with you.

8. Reliable. I will do my absolute best to set you up for success from the day you come on board. What I ask in return is that you commit to setting yourself up for success right out of the gates as well. There is most likely going to be a learning curve in the beginning, so I'll be working with you closely to get you up to speed on things as quickly as possible. If this opportunity sounds interesting to you, I encourage you to submit a proposal convincing us why you should be given the opportunity to work on this project in just 2 Paragraph so that I can gauge your English skill level. *** When applying, please reference "Am available for this job, with a personal laptop on Good internet speed." somewhere in your submission. If you fail to include this text somewhere in your cover letter, your application will be immediately deleted.

Following directions is critical to the success of the work you'll be doing, and this is a minor test to ensure that you can - and will. When applying, I would appreciate it if you can let me know the following:

1. how quickly you would be able to start
2. what's your availability is on a daily basis.
3. your Nairaland ID(s) (moniker)

I know I've thrown a lot out here, but I like to be as detailed and thorough as possible as it relates to what I'm looking for. I'm looking for someone who is in this for the long haul. Is that you? If so, I can't wait to hear from you!

Send email to: aprofessor@naij.com
NOTE: We don't acknowledge receipt of emails, because of the large volume we do receive in our job post/our very busy schedule. We'll only contact qualified candidate for the next phase.
Sir victor I want to ask o...if I decide to start up writing on upwork and I don't have access to a PC will my smart phone do the job.I don't have a laptop but I am determined to start.what do you say sir?
Re: Need Proofreaders For Academic Content - Seeking Detail-oriented English Expert. by victor101(m): 2:07pm On Sep 08, 2016
Jasi7:

Sir victor I want to ask o...if I decide to start up writing on upwork and I don't have access to a PC will my smart phone do the job.I don't have a laptop but I am determined to start.what do you say sir?

You can start with a smart phone, I however advice using a Laptop; the browsing experience differs, as Laptop surfing shows you all the details you need to know about a project/client before applying. Also, you get messages faster, as a freelancer time is of the essence, you must respond to messages swiftly, as some client would quickly hire a suitable freelancer that responds timely to inquiries.
Re: Need Proofreaders For Academic Content - Seeking Detail-oriented English Expert. by Jasi7(m): 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2016
victor101:

You can start with a smart phone, I however advice using a Laptop; the browsing experience differs, as Laptop surfing shows you all the details you need to know about a project/client before applying. Also, you get messages faster, as a freelancer time is of the essence, you must respond to messages swiftly, as some client would quickly hire a suitable freelancer that responds timely to inquiries.
What do you think about cyber cafes?...and will the messages sent by clients go into my email or is there some sort of inbox in my profile with upwork where the messages go in? Because if the messages are entering my email I don't mind reading them in my phone and run out to a cyber cafe close to my home here to respond. What are your thoughts?
Re: Need Proofreaders For Academic Content - Seeking Detail-oriented English Expert. by hometutorslagos: 12:32am On Oct 12, 2016
Victor, Please, is the offer still available ?

(1) (Reply)

Distributors / Company Rep. Wanted Nationwide / ll / Vacancy At Daywater Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.