Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

1st Generation American Applying For Nigerian Passport Alone - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 1st Generation American Applying For Nigerian Passport Alone (664 Views)

Nigerian Passport Ranked Among Countries With Least Powerful Passports / See The Official Cost Of A Nigerian Passport / Applying For FLR After Your Initial UK Spouse Visa (extension) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1st Generation American Applying For Nigerian Passport Alone by crisco: 1:36am On Aug 24, 2016
My father is Nigerian, my mother is American, and I was born in the US. I would like to get my Nigerian Passport. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have submitted my online application paid the application fee. My next step is to go to the consulate in NYC for the interview.

nigeriahouse lists the following items for application completion:

(1) Copy of online application form (signed and dated)
(2) Payment Confirmation Slip
(3) $30.00 US Post Office money order or Certified bank Cheque payable to the Consulate General of Nigeria (processing fee-For all types of applications)
(4) Non Nigerian born applicants must provide a copy of the Nigerian passport and letter of authorization from a Nigerian parent that appears on his/her birth certificate as right of citizenship.
(5) Applicant’s birth certificate

If I already paid the $135 application fee, is the $30 money order required?
And will I need a copy of my father's passport and an authorization letter?
Re: 1st Generation American Applying For Nigerian Passport Alone by chiMoni37(m): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
Visit the Nigerian consulate over there and state what you stated here..

(1) (Reply)

Delivery In The US / Lost Luggage, Endless Delays And A Broken Runway: The Perils Of Nigerian Travel / Debris Found In Search For Plane Which Disappeared Over Bermuda Triangle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.