Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

CAR OVERHEATING? Basic Tips For Solutions. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / CAR OVERHEATING? Basic Tips For Solutions. (586 Views)

This Might Just Be The Probable Cause Of Your Car's Overheating Problems. / Annoying Car Overheating Problem. Discussion. / Car Overheating And P1721 Error Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAR OVERHEATING? Basic Tips For Solutions. by yomingr(m): 6:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Sadly many car owners, users and drivers encounter engine overheating issues NOT because the engine is NOT designed for Nigeria temperature but because our mechanics are quick to removing an engine's thermostat the moment the car leaves the sea port. More should be done in educating many of our "uneducated" mechanics and sadly ignorant end users.

Allow me to chip in a few tips on how to manage and solve overheating issues in vehicles. Please bear in mind that I am NOT an auto mechanic in practice but I do take my time to read car care tips online and as I follow these processes I became better with basic overall car maintenance over the years.

Once you notice your car overheating be patient enough to allow the engine cool off then follow the below process.

1. Check your water reservoir. It's most likely empty. Some reservoirs are easily removable like in toyota cars. Remove it and empty water content. Get a good radiator coolant and pour in content to the required fill level. Also refill your radiator with clean water. Please be sure that the water reservoir is not broken or punctured in any place as this will cause quick evaporation of the liquid content in your radiator there by causing it to overheat frequently. It's very important that you replace it if it's leaking.

2. Check the radiator cap. (small but mighty).
Yes small but Mighty indeed. As small and almost irrelevant as it looks, a bad radiator cap can/will cause your radiator to loose liquid content rapidly there by causing overheat. Quite unnoticeable, the radiator cap has a small rubber seal beneath it which holds in water and ensures the radiator is air tight. If you notice this rubber is not there or you are not sure if it is or NOT please get another one. Be sure you replace it with specified one. You should find a number on the old cap you removed. Use it as a guide when getting a replacement.

With your thermostat in good functional condition your overheating problems should be over. Endeavour to pour in frequently required radiator coolant in the water reservoir. This helps prevents rusts and corrosion in the radiator which causes the damage on the radiator eventually leading to overheating.

Please feel free to send an email for further guide on car care tips to yomingr@yahoo.com or call 08099241159. I will be glad to assist.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Toyota 4 Runner For Sale.. / Mazda Mpv 2003 Van. Do I Go For It? / Car Noises: Some Types And How to Stop Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.