Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:29 AM

The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism (13368 Views)

11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Efewestern: 8:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

Saying its "perfect" is totally wrong, you need to study more about how our solar system operates, go deeper in it and you'll know its FAR from perfect

"Well organised" can be misleading, since there's even organization in chaos if you look hard enough

You need to study a lot of other animals bro, like The dusky antechinus and others, Google is your friend

And about originating from nothing; I DON'T KNOW, but I won't fill that gap with an imaginary being either

I am not mad with religion or god bro, that's a misconception

Promise to go deep into that @bolded... There was a thread created sometime ago .. maybe last month that talks about evolution and someone asked seun for prove.. Lo and behold seun brought An image of A dog showing its former appearance & also its later appearance.. Did a research on that and later found out that the Appearance of the dog later stage was as a result of Cross breeding and not one Evolution crap as portrayed by Seun.

You might end up convincing yourself about the existence of God „ But believe me Atheist opinion doesn't count

1 Like

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 8:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
Efewestern:

lolx which 1 be that again na.. Abeg i nor b muslim.. I love the way u Reply that jonny of a Guy.. but nexr time ignore them..

Good evening brother grin
am not religious but I go to church though. Catholic church.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Efewestern: 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
Owliver:
am not religious but I go to church though. Catholic church.

Same here.. Glory To Jesus.. ur definition about God.. hmmm.. funny... bur at least u acknowledged Him
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
Owliver:
I don't know or believe the religious myths but what I know is. time is not infinite even scientist agree to it.

what was before time? what created time? who designed our concept of life?
At ur ignorance u call God to fill it, that's not how intelligent people reason. Let us assume u were born 600 years ago and I asked u how lightening comes about, u would most likely ans that a deity did it simply because ur knowledge stops there. If we are to continuously call a God to fill our ignorance, then say bye bye to scientific discoveries and innovation. If u are going to place God at ur ignorance then he/she/it would forever remain a receding pocket of scientific discoveries.

science says everything came out of nothing fine then let that "Nothing" be God. that will be the only example where nothing will be something.

even science with her best guess has become a laughing show on those questions, popping out stupid hypotheses.
U should study a little quantum physics where something actually pop out of nothing. If the big is constituted of the small (quantum mechanics) and we know that things can pop out of nothing in the small, can't these accumulate over a long period of time

the atheists argue just to reassure themselves Lolz. A non existence being must be so powerful to be able to give them head ache.

if they channel their frustration at religion it will be a lot easier but to challenge God(nothing)(who knows)(unknown knowledge) that is so sick and uncalled for. how much time do we have to wonder about what cannot be verified.

Lolz.
Lolz. It is funny how u actually dwell on ur speculation as ultimate truth. Some atheist hardly talk of religion outside nairaland. Some like me don't believe in any human God(s) so I see no need reassuring myself just because majority of my fellow Nigerians believe it.

U describe God as unknown knowledge, this is intellectual sloth and in the academic world if u call God at where u are ignorant, nobody takes ur statement serious.

until they prove no God(which I doubt) there will forever be a God or nothing to fill the gap....

We should prove there is no God sorry to disappoint u we can't. The same way we can't prove that Peter Pan is not real.
I mean u made a claim u are yet to prove and u are telling me to disprove what u are yet to prove, that's like disproving nothing.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
Owliver:
Choi LMAO. bro am irreligious but there can't be no God. tell me what was before Big Bang?

your judgement is based on the religious explanations which have also discouraged me. but God? think again.
Because we don't know God did it. Nice logic.

Well I prefer invoking Peter Pan in the face of ignorance thanks.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 9:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
ValentineMary:

Because we don't know God did it. Nice logic.

Well I prefer invoking Peter Pan in the face of ignorance thanks.
then let Peter Pan be your God. someone or something must take credit. a cause. Peter Pan the almighty. awesome.

1 Like

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
ValentineMary:

At ur ignorance u call God to fill it, that's not how intelligent people reason. Let us assume u were born 600 years ago and I asked u how lightening comes about, u would most likely ans that a deity did it simply because ur knowledge stops there. If we are to continuously call a God to fill our ignorance, then say bye bye to scientific discoveries and innovation. If u are going to place God at ur ignorance then he/she/it would forever remain a receding pocket of scientific discoveries.

U should study a little quantum physics where something actually pop out of nothing. If the big is constituted of the small (quantum mechanics) and we know that things can pop out of nothing in the small, can't these accumulate over a long period of time

Lolz. It is funny how u actually dwell on ur speculation as ultimate truth. Some atheist hardly talk of religion outside nairaland. Some like me don't believe in any human God(s) so I see no need reassuring myself just because majority of my fellow Nigerians believe it.

U describe God as unknown knowledge, this is intellectual sloth and in the academic world if u call God at where u are ignorant, nobody takes ur statement serious.

We should prove there is no God sorry to disappoint u we can't. The same way we can't prove that Peter Pan is not real.
I mean u made a claim u are yet to prove and u are telling me to disprove what u are yet to prove, that's like disproving nothing.
wonderful. so tell me what is that "nothing".... the "nothing" must be so intelligent to create a complex machine like the human system.

what is that nothing? I don't know, you don't know. religious people have tried and tried but no one knows.

That nothing is God(knowledge unknown)....

are we clear now?
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
Every human at every point in their lives will ask such questions. why the need for life? who is God?

those questions are pain in the arse. so everybody tries to interpret it the way they can in order to feel comfortable. some follow Islam, some Buddha, some science, some Christ, some sheikism, some Hindu etc.

so basically, everyone's just trying to feel comfortable. Lolz it's s crazy world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Seun(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2016
Efewestern:
Did a research on that and later found out that the Appearance of the dog later stage was as a result of Cross breeding and not one Evolution crap as portrayed by Seun.
Really?

Ok, answer this:
1. What was the modern German Shepherd cross-bred with to generate it's severely slanted back and legs? A frog?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964448_1904sgraribertvongrafrathschh3_jpeg11a844c09a5404549815f5af9a1d461c www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964449_va1ballackvonderbruckneralleeipo3_jpeg7a3bb5b5ab8cbede17050c3a79d1aec9

2. What kind of alien monster was the bull terrier crossed with to generate it's egg-shaped face?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964440_pitbullterrier_jpeg68313798e51872e2d695470016e76e0a

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
Owliver:
wonderful. so tell me what is that "nothing".... the "nothing" must be so intelligent to create a complex machine like the human system.

what is that nothing? I don't know, you don't know. religious people have tried and tried but no one knows.

That nothing is God(knowledge unknown)....

are we clear now?
From the bold text, I can say that u mean God is nothing and I kind of agree.

Must there be a creator? can't we be an accidental product of an infinite uncreated nature?

1 Like

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
oglalasioux:

In my opinion the traditional African gods are built around the same lies with the Abrahamic gods. My conclusion is that the powers purportedly attributed to anything god is one and the same with the laws of physics. There is no recorded miracle, except the fake ones, that doesn't have scientific explanation.

Almost certainly true - Gods are anthropomorphical personification of the laws of physics.

I understand that when men encountered the laws of physics for the first time they were so awestruck that they concluded it can only be the gods manifesting. But over the years same man manipulated these laws, kind of shifting the goal post in the middle of the game, and still claim they are instructions from the gods. But gods cannot act like that. It's been men all along. Religion is just a cover.

If a faithful account was rendered of Man’s ideas upon Divinity, he would be obliged to acknowledge, that for the most part the word ‘gods’ has been used to express the concealed, remote, unknown causes of the effects he witnessed; that he applies this term when the spring of the natural, the source of known causes, ceases to be visible: as soon as he loses the thread of these causes, or as soon as his mind can no longer follow the chain, he solves the difficulty, terminates his research, by ascribing it to his gods . . . When, therefore, he ascribes to his gods the production of some phenomenon . . . does he, in fact, do any thing more than substitute for the darkness of his own mind, a sound to which he has been accustomed to listen with reverential awe? "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
johnydon22:

if you have been noticing me like you claim you would have noticed i'm rarely active here of recent neither do i feel the need to engage in long arguments anymore.
Same bro, same. . . after a while you realise the futility in engaging these people. They just can't apply logic. Lol. Its a waste of time for the most part, having 'discussions' with them

1 Like

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by oglalasioux(m): 10:36pm On Aug 24, 2016
johnydon22:

Almost certainly true - Gods are anthropomorphical personification of the laws of physics.

If a faithful account was rendered of Man’s ideas upon Divinity, he would be obliged to acknowledge, that for the most part the word ‘gods’ has been used to express the concealed, remote, unknown causes of the effects he witnessed; that he applies this term when the spring of the natural, the source of known causes, ceases to be visible: as soon as he loses the thread of these causes, or as soon as his mind can no longer follow the chain, he solves the difficulty, terminates his research, by ascribing it to his gods . . . When, therefore, he ascribes to his gods the production of some phenomenon . . . does he, in fact, do any thing more than substitute for the darkness of his own mind, a sound to which he has been accustomed to listen with reverential awe? "

You've nailed it!
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by johnydon22(m): 10:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Same bro, same. . . after a while you realise the futility in engaging these people. They just can't apply logic. Lol. Its a waste of time for the most part, having 'discussions' with them

Sometime ago i was baby sitting my sister's 11 month old daughter, she was seated on the floor playing with some toys, i was on my phone but had a constant eye on her.

I noticed as she was trying to put a bigger toy through a small rubber bracelet, i knew it was impossible.

Naturally there is a need to correct this, you'd be compelled to but i kept watching her and started thinking.

"there is nothing i tell her right now that will matter or be relevant as her level of consciousness is still at that naive stage, so even though correcting her is good it is still irrelevant at that stage therefore useless"

I then likened it to NL..

When you see myths, superstitions and most times ignorant postulations, you feel the need to correct them, you are compelled to speak [that is why a lot of irreligious people speak against religions] but then again even though it is ok it is still irrelevant.

So i realized certainly we are all at different level of consciousness, there is a certain stage of illumination you get where all you want to do is speak your truth and not convince people of it.

It is irrelavent convincing a baby they should walking when they are at that stage of crawling - that truth is meaningless to them.

Endless debates, going in circles and emotional banters are not only irrelevant but also useless.

so when ever you can simply speak your truth and not convince or argue endlessly over it.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by braithwaite(m): 11:04pm On Aug 24, 2016

grin.

Fear.. Ah don cross the hurdle tey tey

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Deicide: 12:43am On Aug 25, 2016
grin

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by pablobellins(m): 1:35am On Aug 25, 2016
ok.. blah blah, atleast do you belive there are powers? (both terrestrial and supernatural) hopefulandlord , johnydon22
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by kilo4sure: 6:04am On Aug 25, 2016
hopefuLandlord:

Bros, not every atheist accept the big bang theory bro

If you ask me how we came about, I'll simply say "I don't know" but most people just fill that gap in knowledge with an imaginary being

But like I said; the world is NOT perfect, it could be better
Lol, the world is not perfect it could be better, really? If chaos could arrange your brain so well even to the extent that you value your thoughts and decisions in most cases, don't you at least agree that is quiet amazing and unnatural. What you may list as imperfections doesn't preclude the fact that accidental chaos guided by only time and chance would not produce the world we see, the probability is low. I don't know about you, but to me this doesn't seem logical at all. Yes you are against religion, l have nothing against that. You claim that you do not know what may be responsible for life or order in the universe, fine l also do not know. But by reason l claim that there must be an extra ordinary first cause which we are still out to understand even as we continually discover and learn( this has nothing to do with religion) but by your own reason you do not accept this premise. Which makes me wonder, do you reject this premise only based on logic, or just your bias against religion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by kilo4sure: 6:10am On Aug 25, 2016
ValentineMary:

Must there be a creator? can't we be an accidental product of an infinite uncreated nature?
Does this sound reasonable to you? That everything about you, your brain, eyes, legs, etc which all seem to serve one purpose or the other are nothing but accidents? I just seek to understand your thoughts here and why you think this way.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 6:22am On Aug 25, 2016
ValentineMary:

there must be a cause. accidentally or otherwise. my point is, every religion defines God in different ways including science.

then why do you call yourself atheist? doesn't make sense. even that "nothing" that created everything can be termed "intelligent" therefore God.

you are judging God base on religion that's why you refuse to believe. religion is bullshit but leave God out of it.

Atheist think they are angry with God but no they are angry with religion but channel the anger to God who has little or nothing to do with religion.

stop fighting God. appreciate it. and move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by kilo4sure: 6:25am On Aug 25, 2016
johnydon22:

Sometime ago i was baby sitting my sister's 11 month old daughter, she was seated on the floor playing with some toys, i was on my phone but had a constant eye on her.

I noticed as she was trying to put a bigger toy through a small rubber bracelet, i knew it was impossible.

Naturally there is a need to correct this, you'd be compelled to but i kept watching her and started thinking.

"there is nothing i tell her right now that will matter or be relevant as her level of consciousness is still at that naive stage, so even though correcting her is good it is still irrelevant at that stage therefore useless"

I then likened it to NL..

When you see myths, superstitions and most times ignorant postulations, you feel the need to correct them, you are compelled to speak [that is why a lot of irreligious people speak against religions] but then again even though it is ok it is still irrelevant.

So i realized certainly we are all at different level of consciousness, there is a certain stage of illumination you get where all you want to do is speak your truth and not convince people of it.

It is irrelavent convincing a baby they should walking when they are at that stage of crawling - that truth is meaningless to them.

Endless debates, going in circles and emotional banters are not only irrelevant but also useless.

so when ever you can simply speak your truth and not convince or argue endlessly over it.
While l commend you for trying to correct ignorance and superstition, something tells me you also see all religious people as babies( l might be wrong), and then you see yourself as the matured uncle, though l understand why you may feel this way, l ask you...
Do you at least agree, that there are some religious scientists or people who know all of what you think you know but interpret them differently or come to different conclusions? Do they still come across to you as babies who need to learn? Note, this is not an attack on your person, just curiosity on my part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 7:09am On Aug 25, 2016
Owliver:
there must be a cause. accidentally or otherwise. my point is, every religion defines God in different ways including science.

then why do you call yourself atheist? doesn't make sense. even that "nothing" that created everything can be termed "intelligent" therefore God.

you are judging God base on religion that's why you refuse to believe. religion is bullshit but leave God out of it.

Atheist think they are angry with God but no they are angry with religion but channel the anger to God who has little or nothing to do with religion.

There must be a cause surely but is it an animate cause or inanimate cause I don't know but I don't believe it is animate else who caused the cause

And moreover am not angry at God because I know it is just an excuse for people to perpetuate evil. Saying am angry at God is like saying am angry for spiderman for not saving his girlfriend. That's ridiculous.

Well I can't call an inanimate object a God.

2 Likes

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by frank317: 7:18am On Aug 25, 2016
kilo4sure:

Lol, the world is not perfect it could be better, really? If chaos could arrange your brain so well even to the extent that you value your thoughts and decisions in most cases, don't you at least agree that is quiet amazing and unnatural. What you may list as imperfections doesn't preclude the fact that accidental chaos guided by only time and chance would not produce the world we see, the probability is low. I don't know about you, but to me this doesn't seem logical at all. Yes you are against religion, l have nothing against that. You claim that you do not know what may be responsible for life or order in the universe, fine l also do not know. But by reason l claim that there must be an extra ordinary first cause which we are still out to understand even as we continually discover and learn( this has nothing to do with religion) but by your own reason you do not accept this premise. Which makes me wonder, do you reject this premise only based on logic, or just your bias against religion?

I really don't get ur point. You claim there must be an extraordinary first cause, how does that answer the question: how did we come to be? You would quite agree with me that whatever this extraordinary first cause is, you have no idea, you don't even know why u think it's extraordinary. Now some people actually claim they know this first cause, they have spoken to it, it loves them, it gets angry, it protects and all that. Most cultures have come up with different models of extraordinary first cause and we know it's just guess work.
Now the atheists would rather just say we don't know... Why are y against that? Do you know this first cause? Didn't you just guess, like most primitive cultures, that it is extraordinary?
Why personify this so called first cause only to end up causing confusion amongst ourselves?
Further, how does guess and accepting that this fist cause is extraordinary help humanity? Since the fist cause has chosen to remain our if the picture, why do we still insist on making a guess work about what it is and bothering our lives, killing each other for it? What do we hope to achieve by dwelling on being right about our guesses?
Why don't we just accept that we don't know and dwell on making our world a better place until this first cause chooses to reveal himself to us.
Thank u.

1 Like

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 7:21am On Aug 25, 2016
ValentineMary:

There must be a cause surely but is it an animate cause or inanimate cause I don't know but I don't believe it is animate else who caused the cause

And moreover am not angry at God because I know it is just an excuse for people to perpetuate evil. Saying am angry at God is like saying am angry for spiderman for not saving his girlfriend. That's ridiculous.

Well I can't call an inanimate object a God.
you are still seeing him as a huge man with white beard all over. that's the reason you find it difficult to accept that because it's a religious description .

you can see God as universe, nothing, Allah, Zeus, Elohim, Krishna whatever you see it as doesn't matter. the fact remain, there's a great cause beyond human capacity, timeless, outside of time... God is what most people call it.

look my friend, I have seen where you wrote sometime that you are from strict Catholic family, me2 my family is so strict I can say that's what drove me to ask questions.

my brother is in seminary and I discuss with him a lot. he says the Old Testament some are just myths. not only Christians will make heaven. the Bible is written by men who can make mistakes and who are humanly bias.

there will forever be a God(great nothing) you can't stop it. stop fighting and arguing to reassure yourself. you'll need that forever as long as you live. it's hopeless.

live you life and wait for the hour. it will come like a thief in the night. at an hour we do not expect. life is too short to be arguing no God every moment.

Good morning.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by kilo4sure: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2016
frank317:

I really don't get ur point. You claim there must be an extraordinary first cause, how does that answer the question: how did we come to be? You would quite agree with me that whatever this extraordinary first cause is, you have no idea, you don't even know why u think it's extraordinary. Now some people actually claim they know this first cause, they have spoken to it, it loves them, it gets angry, it protects and all that. Most cultures have come up with different models of extraordinary first cause and we know it's just guess work.
Now the atheists would rather just say we don't know... Why are y against that? Do you know this first cause? Didn't you just guess, like most primitive cultures, that it is extraordinary?
Why personify this so called first cause only to end up causing confusion amongst ourselves?
Further, how does guess and accepting that this fist cause is extraordinary help humanity? Since the fist cause has chosen to remain our if the picture, why do we still insist on making a guess work about what it is and bothering our lives, killing each other for it? What do we hope to achieve by dwelling on being right about our guesses?
Why don't we just accept that we don't know and dwell on making our world a better place until this first cause chooses to reveal himself to us.
Thank u.
Yes l accept l do not know but l came to the idea of an extra ordinary first cause deductively. By extra ordinary, l mean a timeless, immaterial, uncaused eternal first cause capable of giving life, this is reasonable if the universe was caused at all and has a beginning. What do you have against this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 7:24am On Aug 25, 2016
frank317:

Thank u.
the atheist says the first cause is "nothing" what an intelligent nothing. that's what religious people call God.

so everyone is saying the same thing. don't you see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by ValentineMary(m): 7:27am On Aug 25, 2016
kilo4sure:

Does this sound reasonable to you? That everything about you, your brain, eyes, legs, etc which all seem to serve one purpose or the other are nothing but accidents? I just seek to understand your thoughts here and why you think this way.

We are accidental product of nature shaped by evolutionary process.

Our origin (unicellular life) has been shown to possibly be a result of accident as most important bio molecules can be produced randomly by nature. The need for this primitive life to remain uncontaminate by xeno bodies (foreign bodies) that could be destructive is the driving behind evolution and consciousness. I hope u understand my views now.

2 Likes

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by frank317: 7:27am On Aug 25, 2016
Owliver:

Do you even know what atheism means? Atheist's say they don't believe in God because there is no prove of his existence, all we have see guess work like: our brain is well organised therefore there MUST be GOD.

Who has ever to you that something came out of nothing? Even the scientific postulations still do not actually have knowledge of the first cause. So why argue out of misconception.

Why do most theists hate the big bang theory (big bang is a scientific, not atheist, theory, pls do your self good and read more about it) which to me is part of the numerous idea on how we came about? Why are theists against it. The postulation is peacful.. it does not claim to be perfect like the religion ideas, it does not seek to kill for its idea, it does not claim it must be right otherwise you would be punished.
Again pls go read what atheism means... You actually sounds like one... You sound like you are arguing against what u believe in.
Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Owliver(m): 7:40am On Aug 25, 2016
frank317:

Do you even know what atheism means? Atheist's say they don't believe in God because there is no prove of his existence, all we have see guess work like: our brain is well organised therefore there MUST be GOD.

Who has ever to you that something came out of nothing? Even the scientific postulations still do not actually have knowledge of the first cause. So why argue out of misconception.

Why do most theists hate the big bang theory (big bang is a scientific, not atheist, theory, pls do your self good and read more about it) which to me is part of the numerous idea on how we came about? Why are theists against it. The postulation is peacful.. it does not claim to be perfect like the religion ideas, it does not seek to kill for its idea, it does not claim it must be right otherwise you would be punished.
Again pls go read what atheism means... You actually sounds like one... You sound like you are arguing against what u believe in.
hmm I am not an atheist. I was once though. it made me ask questions that almost made me mad. it took me a great deal to kill the fear. even the fear of death.

see my friend, I don't believe in a best religion. but every one of them is pointing to God. differently.

when you say you do not know it means there's something to know. the fact that you do no know can't erase the fact that there's something to know. that something to know is what people have defined as God. the great cause, the great nothing, Allah, Elohim, Yahweh. these are just terms.

if you research His outside religion you'll find it\him\her whatever it is... I acknowledge it.

even if aliens come there will still be questions. where do they come from. and if they come from outside time there will be another question who created outside of time. there will be infinite questions. and all this will land at one great nothing(God).

then there will be another question. who created the great nothing(God)? probably another great nothing did that. so you'll ask again and again and again and again.

what ever rout you take A great nothing(God) awaits you at the end. hehehe. Allahu Akbar.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 25, 2016
Seun:
Really?

Ok, answer this:
1. What was the modern German Shepherd cross-bred with to generate it's severely slanted back and legs? A frog?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964448_1904sgraribertvongrafrathschh3_jpeg11a844c09a5404549815f5af9a1d461c www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964449_va1ballackvonderbruckneralleeipo3_jpeg7a3bb5b5ab8cbede17050c3a79d1aec9

2. What kind of alien monster was the bull terrier crossed with to generate it's egg-shaped face?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3964440_pitbullterrier_jpeg68313798e51872e2d695470016e76e0a

Seun why do you keep embarrasing yourself with these your dogs as proof of evolution. So you do not realise that these breeds where specifically bred for certain functions. This is the history of the GSD slant back so please read and educate yourself and stop all this your childish dog evolution position. Your ignorance is laughable! And those who actually liked your post are in the bliss of super ignorance!

[b]
In Europe, during the 1850s, attempts were being made to standardize breeds.[39] The dogs were bred to preserve traits that assisted in their job of herding sheep and protecting flocks from predators.[25] In Germany this was practiced within local communities, where shepherds selected and bred dogs. It was recognized that the breed had the necessary skills for herding sheep, such as intelligence, speed, strength and keen senses of smell.[25] The results were dogs that were able to do such things, but that differed significantly, both in appearance and ability, from one locality to another.[39]

To combat these differences, the Phylax Society was formed in 1891 with the intention of creating standardised development plans for native dog breeds in Germany.[25] The society disbanded after only three years due to ongoing internal conflicts regarding the traits in dogs that the society should promote;[25] some members believed dogs should be bred solely for working purposes, while others believed dogs should be bred also for appearance.[40] While unsuccessful in their goal, the Phylax Society had inspired people to pursue standardising dog breeds independently.

With the rise of large, industrialized cities in Germany, the predator population began to decline, rendering sheepdogs unnecessary.[25] At the same time, the awareness of sheepdogs as a versatile, intelligent class of canine began to rise.[25] Max von Stephanitz, an ex-cavalry captain and former student of the Berlin Veterinary College, was an ex-member of the Phylax Society who firmly believed dogs should be bred for working.[25] He admired the intelligence, strength and ability of Germany's native sheepdogs, but could not find any one single breed that satisfied him as the perfect working dog.[25]

In 1899, Von Stephanitz was attending a dog show when he was shown a dog named Hektor Linksrhein.[25] Hektor was the product of few generations of selective breeding and completely fulfilled what Von Stephanitz believed a working dog should be. He was pleased with the strength of the dog and was so taken by the animal's intelligence, loyalty and beauty, that he purchased him immediately.[39] After purchasing the dog he changed his name to Horand von Grafrath and Von Stephanitz founded the Verein für Deutsche Schäferhunde (Society for the German Shepherd Dog).[39] Horand was declared to be the first German Shepherd Dog and was the first dog added to the society's breed register.[25]

Horand became the centre-point of the breeding programs and was bred with dogs belonging to other society members that displayed desirable traits and with dogs from Thuringia, Franconia and Wurttemberg.[25] Fathering many pups, Horand's most successful was Hektor von Schwaben.[25][41] Hektor was inbred with another of Horand's offspring and produced Heinz von Starkenburg, Beowulf and Pilot, who later fathered a total of eighty-four pups, mostly through being inbred with Hektor's other offspring.[25] This inbreeding was deemed necessary in order to fix the traits being sought in the breed.[25] In the original German Shepherd studbook, Zuchtbuch für Deutsche Schäferhunde (SZ), within the two pages of entries from SZ No. 41 to SZ No. 76, there are four Wolf Crosses.[42] Beowulf's progeny also were inbred and it is from these pups that all German Shepherds draw a genetic link. It is believed the society accomplished its goal mostly due to Von Stephanitz's strong, uncompromising leadership and he is therefore credited with being the creator of the German Shepherd Dog.[43] Developmental changes in pedigree dogs is not a natural event. They are created by a ''very small number of very influential people" called 'breed authorities' selecting, promoting, line and in - breeding on dogs, very often their own dogs or dogs they bred that possess what are for them desirable features. 'Very often' in their selection of dogs for a specific desirable feature [trait] there are linked traits, linked traits are not uncommon, some are apparent some are not. These linked traits may be less than desirable but they are considered to be acceptable 'collateral damage', in other words they are considered to be a small price one has to pay in order to establish the primary trait! The point I make is that there can often be promotion of undesirable traits because they are genetically linked to a real or perceived desirable trait! So when the question is asked ''why did ''they'' promote dog's with a curved spine, the answer is 'there is no reason, there was no reason' it just came with the package. And so the appropriate response if someone asks the question is don't try to explain it because that is an impossible task, simply say its a good thing! Because these people are very influential, dogs with their preferred features win at dog shows and those that do not lose and the genetic frequency of the traits good and bad increase until they become the norm and the breed evolves accordingly. Once a characteristic is entrenched, once it becomes the norm meaning only dogs possessing those traits win at dog shows even if it is a bad trait self interest being placed above the breeds best interests makes it ''very difficult'' to eradicate and if it is eradicated it can take a long time to do so.[/b]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 25, 2016
Seun:
Really?

Ok, answer this:

To your bull terrier position in evolution let me also educate you.

It was originally known as Bull and terrier and not bull terrier because the bull terrier of today is the careful crossbreeding of a bulldog and a terrier this is the history below

[b]At the start of the 19th century the "Bull and Terrier" breeds were developed to satisfy the needs for vermin control and animal-based blood sports. The Bull and Terriers were based on the Old English Bulldog (now extinct) and Old English Terriers with possible other terriers. This new breed combined the speed and dexterity of lightly built terriers with the dour tenacity of the Bulldog, which was a poor performer in most combat situations, having been bred almost exclusively for fighting bulls and bears tied to a post. Many breeders began to breed bulldogs with terriers, arguing that such a mixture enhances the quality of fighting. Despite the fact that a cross between a bulldog and a terrier was of high value, very little or nothing was done to preserve the breed in its original form. Due to the lack of breed standards—breeding was for performance, not appearance—the "Bull and Terrier" eventually divided into the ancestors of "Bull Terriers" and "Staffordshire Bull Terriers", both smaller and easier to handle than the progenitor.[10][11][12][13]

In the mid-19th century James Hinks started breeding Bull and Terriers with "English White Terriers" (now extinct), looking for a cleaner appearance with better legs and nicer head. In 1862, Hinks entered a dam called "Puss" sired by his white Bulldog called "Madman" into the Bull Terrier Class at the dog show held at the Cremorne Gardens in Chelsea. Originally known as the "Hinks Breed" and "The White Cavalier", these dogs did not yet have the now-familiar "egg face", but kept the stop in the skull profile.[14][15][16] The dog was immediately popular and breeding continued, using Dalmatian, Spanish Pointer, and Whippet to increase elegance and agility; and Borzoi and Rough Collie to reduce the stop. Hinks wanted his dogs white, and bred specifically for this. The first modern Bull Terrier is now recognised as "Lord Gladiator", from 1917, being the first dog with no stop at all.[10][14][15][17][18]

Due to medical problems associated with all-white breeding, Ted Lyon among others began introducing colour, using Staffordshire Bull Terriers in the early 20th century. Coloured Bull Terriers were recognised as a separate variety (at least by the AKC) in 1936. Brindle is the preferred colour, but other colours are welcome.[16][19]

Along with conformation, specific behaviour traits were sought. The epithet "White cavalier", harking back to an age of chivalry, was bestowed on a breed which while never seeking to start a fight was well able to finish one, while socialising well with its "pack", including children and pups. Hinks himself had always aimed at a "gentleman's companion" dog rather than a pit-fighter—though Bullies were often entered in the pits, with some success.[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Four Types Of Fear I Faced on my journey To Atheism by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 25, 2016
Seun, every time the issue of evolution comes up your only defense and explanation of it has been these your dogs. Now that you can see that the change wasn't a natural occurrence can you now put this evolution talk to rest?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

This Thread Will Shake The Foundations Of Your Beliefs(Pictures Included)) / What Do You Think Of Christians That Go To Work On Sunday? / Why Africans Are Religious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.