Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,490 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give (1669 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Man Dumps Wife For Being A Bad Cook / Who Comes First, Your Mother Or Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by disney(f): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2005
Everyone be honest, guys, babes, everyone, if you were in this senario, who would you help? kiss
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by layi(m): 8:36pm On Nov 26, 2005
Must it be my Kidney? I'll buy kidneys for them both. Sure some people will sell theirs for me to buy.
E nor really hard like u put am tongue
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by Seun(m): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2005
Wife is presumably younger, so she needs it more.
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by layi(m): 1:30pm On Nov 27, 2005
...thats just an assumption. Younger yes but that has nothing to do with how long they both got left. We've had mothers who outlived their children.
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by Rolly: 4:47am On Jan 09, 2006
its gonna be a really tough decision to choose between my husband and mother and i'm gonna ask God for guidiance. i hope the situation never comes tho cheesy seroiusly, i hope not cheesy
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by allonym: 2:38am On Jan 10, 2006
easy choice, my spouse.

layi:

...thats just an assumption. Younger yes but that has nothing to do with how long they both got left. We've had mothers who outlived their children.

After my spouse gets the kidney, mom may not be in a position to outlive anyone. . .
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by ldollier(f): 2:22am On Jan 11, 2006
well, if it were to be my dad i would say give the kidney to my spouse. but since its my mom, i would give the kidneys to her. but then again my spouse is young and my mom is growing old. hmm cry
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by Helly(f): 8:52am On Jan 11, 2006
That's gonna be a very difficult decision to make for one who find's him or herself in that situation. Well if God forbid i happen to be in that situation, all i'll have to do is to buy a kidney for them both, but if it's not possible to do that , then i'll donate for my dad and look any of my husby's relation to donate for him afterall mine may not even match his since we're not of the same blood, but i must look for an alternative to see that he survive's it.
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by allonym: 3:55am On Jan 13, 2006
Helly:

That's going to be a very difficult decision to make for one who find's him or herself in that situation. Well if God forbid i happen to be in that situation, all i'll have to do is to buy a kidney for them both, but if it's not possible to do that , then i'll donate for my dad and look any of my husby's relation to donate for him afterall mine may not even match his since we're not of the same blood, but i must look for an alternative to see that he survive's it.

If your kidney didn't match, there would be no point to this question. Also, if there were other available matches, there would similarly be no point. The point is you have to make a decision that would save the life of one person you (supposedly) love over another. So, given that assumption, what would you do?

Personally, I know what chuck norris would do. Chuck Norris is so tough he smoked 12 cartons of cigarettes a day for 2 years and acquired 7 types of cancers, he cured himself by simple flexing for 10 minutes…
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by wascoms(m): 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2006
well as we all know mama is old already so she has little time left then why do you give the wife cause she still have a long way to go.

she is young and still has a lot to do, if at all she has not gotten any baby/has kids you know she have to be given the opportunity of given birth or nursing the kids.

in my own opinion i will give my wife and pray for my mama's health too
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by eveseh(f): 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2006
mother,maybe wife undecided undecided
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by babymine(f): 1:52pm On May 02, 2006
Yeah, maybe this, maybe that. grin grin
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by Rhodalyn(f): 1:53pm On May 02, 2006
mother!
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by babymine(f): 1:58pm On May 02, 2006
@ Rhod

Mother or Ken? grin grin grin
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by mamaput(f): 5:14pm On May 02, 2006
so if you have children you will tell them daddy had to die because grandma needs it more
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by babymine(f): 9:26am On May 03, 2006
I wonder oh. cheesy
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by mrmayor(m): 1:29am On May 21, 2006
MOTHER VS WIFE IS TOO EASY FOR A NAIJA MAN.
THE REAL QUESTION IS YOUR ONLY CHILD AND YOUR MOTHER BOTH NEED YOUR KIDNEY,YOUR MOTHER IS A PERFECT MATCH BUT YOUR ONLY CHILD IS PROBABLE MATCH.DO YOU GIVE IT TO

MOTHER DEAR=PERFECT MATCH=SHE LIVES=ONLY CHILD DIES
ONLY CHILD=PROBABLE MATCH=RISK REJECTION =BOTH DIE
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by allonym: 5:19am On May 30, 2006
Easy - Give it to my child.

Again,

#1 - if i could save both successfully, child would most likely outlive mother
#2 - mother is old, who knows, after getting the kidney, 5 days later could have a heart attack and die, then I lose both anyway
#3 - if I asked my mom the make the decision, she will tell me to give it to my child.
#4 - what person would seriously have a hard time making the decisions so far mentioned in this thread?

The hard question is, you have twin children who need a transplant only you can give and you can only save one, which do you save. That is a catch 22.
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by DaHitler(m): 5:25am On May 30, 2006
I would give it to my mom. You can always get a new wife.
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by allonym: 5:30am On May 30, 2006
for a person to say you can always get a new wife, obviously the wife does not mean much to the person

Its like the people who rationalize saving their wife over the children because "you can always make more children"

#1 - There is no guarantee you can get another wife - I suppose though in some african nations, you could buy one. . so maybe you would have a guarantee.
#2 - In the similar case that I mentioned, there is no similar guaratee on the production of children, though like I mentioned before - in some places these can be bought as well.
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by DaHitler(m): 5:35am On May 30, 2006
I don't want children. I am not really into getting a wife either. Hence, the reason why I would give my kidney to my mother. At most, if I change my mind, I can always get a new wife. You can never replace your mother.
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by allonym: 5:38am On May 30, 2006
like i said, obviously, the wife does not matter to you.

So, your choice is obvious. To you, this is similar to asking if you would save your dog or your mother.
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by DaHitler(m): 5:40am On May 30, 2006
Allonym, my dog would rank higher on the list of mvp's to me than my wife. But I understand your point. cheesy
Re: mother or wife both have a bad kidney and need one of yours, who would you give by ogbonnaya(m): 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2006
undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Gay Marriages / Ugo Ozuah Allegedly Shot Dead By Police Just 5days After His Wedding / What Have You Done For Or Against Your Wife That She Cannot Forget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.