Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:46 PM

Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year (914 Views)

Oprah Winfrey Offers Lindsay Lohan $2million To Interview Her / Photo Of The Day : Home Of Oprah Winfrey / Oprah Winfrey Calls Kim Kardashian A Fraudulent And Selfish Celebrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by ifiyoma(f): 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2009
ok this statement got to me

but i dont want to sound ignorant, is this true or false?
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by ohisng(m): 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2009
VERY FALSE!! The least Oprah could have done was ask her assistants to make a research or enquiries and not go blabbing lies. Well, we know americans are not exactly the smartest people on earth anyway
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by omar22(m): 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2009
@ohisng

You have to be careful on what you say about Oprah, some Nigerians worship the ground she walks on, dey go wound you oh!!!
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by ohisng(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2009
@ and u obviously are one of those who think she is above mistakes!! Last time she said, ALL nigerians were criminals! and now this!!
Men, keep worshipping her
i dont
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by ifiyoma(f): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2009
i think 400$ is approximately N60000, so what happens to the house rent or the food

this is a little too bogus i think, that means monthly an average Nigerian makes N5000,

anyway am out of words cos with that kind of money how can we survive, what happens to school

cos education is also important, not to talk about transport money and other little things, i like Oprah but i think we Nigerians allow all these rumors people say about us, cos we don't question anything but just accept whatever generalization giving to us
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by omar22(m): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2009
i think 400$ is approximately N60000, so what happens to the house rent or the food

this is a little too bogus i think, that means monthly an average Nigerian makes N5000,

anyway am out of words cos with that kind of money how can we survive, what happens to school

cos education is also important, not to talk about transport money and other little things, i like Oprah but i think we Nigerians allow all these rumors people say about us, cos we don't question anything but just accept whatever generalization giving to us

Look all I could say is people talk and talk is cheap, In England or Europe some people talk as if we still live in trees or huts
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by semid4lyfe(m): 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2009
Omar22, u no lie. I once spoke on phone to the 7yr old kid sister of a white friend of mine in Canada and she said this to me ' Pls, could u bring a monkey 4 me when u're coming'. Like se monkey's dey waka 4 road or I dey keep monkeys 4 my house. Nonsense! Thats the kinda mentality many of them grow  up with and have about Africans.

Back to topic
Oprah is an egomaniac, a liar and shouldn't be taken seriously. Abeg, wetin be the cause of this her fixation with Nigeria? Shey 9ja man do her strong thing ni abi our smart 'cybertrepreneurs' don do her strong thing before?
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by ifihearam: 6:40pm On Sep 30, 2009
oprah should mind her single punk ass and leave nigerians alone
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by CrudeOil2(m): 1:22am On Oct 01, 2009
Source!
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by mamagee6(f): 1:42am On Oct 01, 2009
Oprah is an ignorant old lady and that's why I dislike her, someone should please go and educate that demented old lady. angry
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by Borat1: 3:23am On Oct 01, 2009
,mama-gee:

Oprah is an ignorant old lady and that's why I dislike her, someone should please go and educate that demented old lady. angry
hmmm
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by chic2pimp(m): 4:07am On Oct 01, 2009
omar22:

@ohisng

You have to be careful on what you say about Oprah, some Nigerians worship the ground she walks on, dey go wound you oh!!!
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy Na so we see am oooo.
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by hickybrax(f): 4:26am On Oct 01, 2009
could there be a truth to what Oprah said? being that the population of Nigeria is roughly around 140009000 and the poverty rate is around 80% estimate
Re: Oprah Said The Average Nigerian Makes 400$ A Year by Kunbee: 6:16am On Oct 06, 2009
,mama-gee:

Dont mind the stupid dunce ode oloshi eyan rada rada, i dont see y peeps even like her show ewwwwwwwwwwwww and she likes dis Nigerian topics

(1) (Reply)

50 Cent Defends Telling Men Who Don't 'eat Pu**y' To Kill Themselves / J Sleek In Auto Crash / Large Turn Out For Da’grin Movie Audition… Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.