Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

To Go For Service Or Not?? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / To Go For Service Or Not?? (400 Views)

Pls I Need Advice Abt Goin To Medical Sch After Service Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Go For Service Or Not?? by martijez(f): 9:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
Hello nairalanders,please i am in a delimma and i need serious advice. I graduated last year November but I am yet to go fo service..not just me but my whole dept,and some other depts in my school e.g A.E.B who are yet to even do their final clearance and we all graduated last year etc,the reason is because our dept didnt compile our results in time and senate also didn't sit on the result in time,other depts who graduated with us have gone for the first batch while we are to go for the second batch which comes up this November. During this one year of waiting endlessly i decided to fufil my life long dream of learning how to bake and this is the second catering school i am registering in and by God's grace i will also learn further. The problem right now is that, i dunno if it is possible for someone to 'ghost' for 5mnths and then resume the nysc later cos i really want to learn in this catering school and the place i am learning at right now is equivalent to saycheese baker and it is for a very cheap price and till you are tired of learning. I know there are a million bakers but I doubt i would get another place like this with such experience.
I was hoping i would go for only camp and then do ghost for a while till i am satisfied that I have learnt enough b4 i resume in whatever office or i go for February batch but that would be somehow and my family won't allow that to ever happen and i don't want to serve in my state cos i have never travelled and this is my opportunity to run away from this shi.t hole state,please i need mature advice on what to do.

NOTE: I have wanted to bake since i was in jss3 but my folks refused and made me learn tailoring instead,which i cldnt handle cos i didnt have interest in it plus the day i mistakenly told my family that i would rather own a catering school than work under anyone,i was almost nailed to a cross and i really do see myself more as an entrepreneur and baker than a banker or whatever job i might acquire later. I might not be very prefect in baking yet cos i started baking last year november,but i plan on baking my very first wedding cake in sept by God's grace..all thanks to my boss who consistently encourages us at what we do.
Please help me!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Write Your Proposal And Presentations / Job Vacancy: Receptionist & Office Asistant / Sociologists In The House Help Me O!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.