Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. (663 Views)

Register You Web Business Services For Free! No Hassle.. / I Will Teach You Web Design Free Of Charge / Help! Website Designer I Have A Business Suggestion For Him Or Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by databoy247(m): 12:58am On Aug 25, 2016
Recently, I accomplished a milestone of 100 websites done. So many people reached out to me privately to teach them how to go about attaining such.

Someone specifically asked; "how do you charge a minimum of 100k and yet still get clients? How do you do it?". These are questions I will like to provide answers. There are a lot of you who are skilled developers (way skilled than me), but yet you find it hard to get a client willing to pay you N100k for a website. You have been practically living from hand to mouth. Well, I want to dedicate 3 days to teach you guys what I know.

I don't want to teach you website design, but I want to teach you website design business. I want to teach you about the business aspect of it.

Let me give you some highlights;

Sometime ago, I attended a webinar organized by one of my mentors in the US and right then I discovered that its not just knowing how to code or configure and customize wordpress. You need to learn how to run a business. And running a business has a lot involved. E.g

How many clients have you actually prepared a mock-up and prototype design before talking about your costing?

Do you know that the art of website development can be broken into over 50 deliverables which are all billable? And the total will land you in the margin of N100k and above.
Do you also give a costing for conversion strategy?
Do you discuss and charge for planning?
Do you charge for SEO?
DO you charge for training?

There are a thousand things you do when building a website and you charge 20k for a group of work you are supposed to charge N200k. The truth is that out of 100% of the job you are doing, you are only being paid for less than 20%, while you are doing the remaining 80% for free. Sad, but its the simple truth! You should learn how to actually paint the job as "very difficult" for the client to really pay you the big bucks without asking too much questions. And make them pay for EVERY work you do in the project.

What do you know about website design proposals? Can you actually prepare one?

All these are issues I think I will talk about during the class. I don't know how many people will be interested, but I think it's going to take place in a closed user group on facebook. I want 100% interaction and participation. You can also drop your burning questions here...things you will like to learn about the business and I will see how I can add it to the list of topics for discussion in the class.

I will prepare the group on FB and give an update on this thread. And least I forget, biko, I like money. So, I need you guys to suggest what you think this class is worth. Three days of my time, dishing out my knowledge and give you guys series of documents to use.

Suggest what you think you can pay for this class. Don't suggest I do it for free because the truth is that nothing good is free. Tell me what you can afford to pay, and I will go ahead and make arrangements for the class. Serious minded peeps only.

Listen: People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it. This is how to make money in website design business.

Cheers.
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by D34lw4p(m): 1:37am On Aug 25, 2016
Nice one
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by talk2hb1(m): 1:50am On Aug 25, 2016
Booking Space..............
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by gidimasters(m): 6:40am On Aug 25, 2016
Nice
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by databoy247(m): 7:18am On Aug 25, 2016
gidimasters:
Nice
thankd boss. But you haven't given any suggestions.
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by Adrenaline123(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2016
This is very nice, I will like to participate. Well about the suggestion, emmm well it only a suggestion, N500. :/ others can make their choices too, additional adjustments intented depending on the general decision.
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by OnWebTech: 11:07am On Aug 25, 2016
Nice one...I am guessing this will be a gathering of web designers just coming up.

I hope you'll teach people how to target and gain big clients that can pay well,and the kinda marketing that works well..I think that is the real koko before payworks and proposals

There clients and there are clients...not all will pay 50k and those that offer to pay 30k shoukd be limited to certain features one way or the other.

Goodlucksir.
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by databoy247(m): 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
OnWebTech:
Nice one...I am guessing this will be a gathering of web designers just coming up.

I hope you'll teach people how to target and gain big clients that can pay well,and the kinda marketing that works well..I think that is the real koko before payworks and proposals

There clients and there are clients...not all will pay 50k and those that offer to pay 30k shoukd be limited to certain features one way or the other.

Goodlucksir.

I used to think this way before. But I realized that getting the big clients is good, but you have to still learn how to package your business. For example, if a bank like GTbank reaches out to you and ask how much you'll charge to build a website. The first thing that comes to you mind is "this is a big fish so I MUST charge very well". The next thing, you say N5million.

94% of web designers CANNOT justify why they should be paid N5million for a building a website. I believe this is a problem often encountered by even the most experienced developers.

There is a learning phase, a process one has to go through to really understand his worth and understand why clients need to pay the big bucks. Sometime ago, I pretended to be a client and called one developer here asking him how much it will cost him to build a website for me, and he said N200k. I was like....what?

"Please can you tell me why I should pay N200k for a website?" And he practically told me that is the way he charges and other top guys in the industry will even charge more than that. This CANNOT make me pay you 200k for a website even if I have N10million. angry

The problem we have as web developers is that we put in our utmost best trying to learn the latest programs, how to build apps, how to do responsive, etc and then we start shouting we are gurus, pays us huge money. It dosen't work that way. Learning the skill is one thing, learning the business is another thing.

So I think its a gathering of both new and experienced developers experiencing some form of frustration in the business.

Adrenaline123:
This is very nice, I will like to participate. Well about the suggestion, emmm well it only a suggestion, N500. :/ others can make their choices too, additional adjustments intented depending on the general decision.
Thanks for indicating your interest to participate. And as per your suggested fee...well, it's a suggestion and I like your opinion.

Still waiting for others to chip in.
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by dserious: 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nice one Databoy, im interested in this. Are you still on?

I support the 500naira wink

Please lets know....thanks
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by databoy247(m): 8:44am On Sep 03, 2016
Thanks for your interests. I have received lots of PMs, emails and text messages. I will proceed with the training.

I have to go ahead and prepare the materials.

Thanks guys.
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by Jonnic1(m): 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2016
@ Databoy247. This is a welcome development. I need the training. I suggest we pay a token of N1,000 each. Though this is not commensurate with the training we are about to receive but this is just to indicate our seriousness to be trained. Kindly help us in this regard. Thank you.
Re: I Want To Teach You Web Design Business. Suggestion Thread. by databoy247(m): 7:21pm On Sep 05, 2016
Jonnic1:
@ Databoy247. This is a welcome development. I need the training. I suggest we pay a token of N1,000 each. Though this is not commensurate with the training we are about to receive but this is just to indicate our seriousness to be trained. Kindly help us in this regard. Thank you.

Thanks for indicating your interest. Everything is already in motion and the fee has been decided. It will hold on the 14th - 16th. You can participate by filling the form here: http://training.basetimes.com/

Cheers. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Twitter or Instagram Account Needed: Budget 5k / Tutorial On How To Build A Facebook Group To 1,000,000 Members Within Few Weeks / HELP: Suggestions And Corrections From Webmaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.