Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,674 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Car Change Of Ownership. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Change Of Ownership. (3358 Views)

Change Of Ownership Is Our Call / Registration Of Vehicles/Change Of Ownership/Driver License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Change Of Ownership. by Chairmo1: 8:07am On Aug 25, 2016
Hi, please am about to collect my dad's car but he said I need to do change of ownership. Please what will it cost and what are the requirements. Please suggest and advice. Thanks
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2016
Chairmo1:
Hi, please am about to collect my dad's car but he said I need to do change of ownership. Please what will it cost and what are the requirements. Please suggest and advice. Thanks

Is the car in your biological father's name? Or is it in a company name? Contact pattybf for this issue

1 Like

Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by Chairmo1: 8:28am On Aug 25, 2016
The car is in my biological father's name. And please who is....... pattybf,? And how do I contact him? Thanks
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2016
Chairmo1:
The car is in my biological father's name. And please who is....... pattybf,? And how do I contact him? Thanks

Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by pattybf(f): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2016
Chairmo1:

hi, i'm expecting to hear from u so I can explain in detail.
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by Chairmo1: 10:37am On Aug 25, 2016
Okay thanks
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by lakefist(m): 12:56am On Aug 26, 2016
You dont need to spend on change of ownership get police report and affidavit and continue using the documents.

1 Like

Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by Chairmo1: 11:05am On Aug 26, 2016
Okay, thanks. In fact I was told is 40k. That's discouraging just to change ownership. Thanks for your input @ lakefist

1 Like

Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by lakefist(m): 12:26am On Aug 27, 2016
Chairmo1:
Okay, thanks. In fact I was told is 40k. That's discouraging just to change ownership. Thanks for your input @ lakefist

You are welcome bro...I was told the same thing until i met this honest man who advised me its a waste of money. I did affidavit and police report for 2000 naira. Whenever police ask you for documents present the affidavit, police report and other documents that's all.

1 Like

Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by Yeecar(m): 5:36am On Aug 28, 2016
lakefist:

You are welcome bro...I was told the same thing until i met this honest man who advised me its a waste of money. I did affidavit and police report for 2000 naira. Whenever police ask you for documents present the affidavit, police report and other documents that's all.
Sorry to bother you brother. What if the car was bought from a stranger, which bears a different name entirely. will affidavit and police report still be okay or Change of ownership? Thanks.
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by pattybf(f): 8:23am On Aug 28, 2016
lakefist:

u obviously don't know a thing abt vehicle documentation. u r using affidavit cos d seller allowed u to go wt d no plate, isn't it? what if he has taken it since he is not suppose to sell d vehicle wt d plate, what if he later realize he needs it or he realizes it is dangerous to even leave it wt u!

and when u decide to sell it in future, I bet u won't mind passing d burden of double ownership to ur innocent buyer!

bottomline: stop giving advice of things u don't know abt!
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by willibounce1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2016
Why is change of ownership 40,000... and why can't FRSC have a fixed price for these things on their website. People just get ripped off for.no reason. FRSC are a bunch of bas..tards.... I won't stop saying this. They are not different from garage touts.

1 Like

Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by pattybf(f): 6:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
willibounce1:
Why is change of ownership 40,000... and why can't FRSC have a fixed price for these things on their website. People just get ripped off for.no reason. FRSC are a bunch of bas..tards.... I won't stop saying this. They are not different from garage touts.

u won't ve to spend up to dat if u can ve it done by urself!

there is something called 'service charge' is added to dat figure!

I won't mind taking u thru d steps, if u'll like to do dat, contact me.

by d way, FRSC has nothing to do wt d topic here!
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by willibounce1(m): 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
pattybf:

u won't ve to spend up to dat if u can ve it done by urself!

there is something called 'service charge' is added to dat figure!

I won't mind taking u thru d steps, if u'll like to do dat, contact me.

by d way, FRSC has nothing to do wt d topic here!

The question is who is responsible for change of ownership for vehicles? This information should be available on the websites of both FRSC and VIO since they are the same people who arrest and fine people.

It's funny when people call different prices for DL, change of ownership and even international passport. This people in charge are actually helping touts and scammers to cheat Nigerians. Let people know the exact fee for a particular thing.

WHAT IS THE EXACT COST FOR CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP? Why can't people know so that they can do it themselves and not fall victims of fake DL, passport or plate numbers.

Everybody keeps saying they can help just to charge an extra fee. The country is so annoyingly phucked up.

1 Like

Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
willibounce1:

The question is who is responsible for change of ownership for vehicles? This information should be available on the websites of both FRSC and VIO since they are the same people who arrest and fine people.

It's funny when people call different prices for DL, change of ownership and even international passport. This people in charge are actually helping touts and scammers to cheat Nigerians. Let people know the exact fee for a particular thing.

WHAT IS THE EXACT COST FOR CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP? Why can't people know so that they can do it themselves and not fall victims of fake DL, passport or plate numbers.

Everybody keeps saying they can help just to charge an extra fee. The country is so annoyingly phucked up.

Change of ownership is quite a process and requires time and because most Nigerians are quite busy, they prefer to hand it over to whom ever can assist them with it. let's understand that this 40k is inclusive of your change of ownership, re-registration of already registered vehicle which comes with the new owner's no plate, and all documents in the new owner's name.

No one stops you from going through this process your self. All you need is go to any motor vehicle administration agency (mvaa ) close to you and request for a change of ownership and you will be guided from there accordingly.

But for those that doesn't have the time and really do not want to go through this process, they will continue to call for help and will surely get it. This process takes at least one week whether you process it your self or some one is assisting you process it.

Note: Neither FRSC nor VIO have any thing to do with change of ownership.
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by willibounce1(m): 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
achalugonata:

Change of ownership is quite a process and requires time and because most Nigerians are quite busy, they prefer to hand it over to whom ever can assist them with it. let's understand that this 40k is inclusive of your change of ownership, re-registration of already registered vehicle which comes with the new owner's no plate, and all documents in the new owner's name.

No one stops you from going through this process your self. All you need is go to any motor vehicle administration agency (mvaa ) close to you and request for a change of ownership and you will be guided from there accordingly.

But for those that doesn't have the time and really do not want to go through this process, they will continue to call for help and will surely get it. This process takes at least one week whether you process it your self or some one is assisting you process it.

Note: Neither FRSC nor VIO have any thing to do with change of ownership.

Lol. That's why people keep getting fake number plates. I know people make money from helping those who are very busy and must get paid.

Madam do you mind telling HOW MUCH it cost to do a change of ownership. As in HOW MUCH IS CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP without extra charges. This information is hidden. I just wonder why.

I know the info might knock some people's hustle but then, it is good for MVAA to put up the info online and let people know the exact fee for this. The middle men may not like to share the info for reasons best known to them. It might probably knock their hustle.
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by lakefist(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
pattybf:

u obviously don't know a thing abt vehicle documentation. u r using affidavit cos d seller allowed u to go wt d no plate, isn't it? what if he has taken it since he is not suppose to sell d vehicle wt d plate, what if he later realize he needs it or he realizes it is dangerous to even leave it wt u!

and when u decide to sell it in future, I bet u won't mind passing d burden of double ownership to ur innocent buyer!

bottomline: stop giving advice of things u don't know abt!

And you are the expert here abi! Over sabi go kill you.

When i decide to sell in the future the buyer can do the change of ownership if he or she want to. Even if it is a triple ownership as long as their is a document to show as proof why bother myself with change of ownership.

Don't let ignorance kill you!
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by lakefist(m): 2:12pm On Aug 29, 2016
Yeecar:

Sorry to bother you brother. What if the car was bought from a stranger, which bears a different name entirely. will affidavit and police report still be okay or Change of ownership? Thanks.

Yes now as long you provide the documents.
Re: Car Change Of Ownership. by Yeecar(m): 3:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
lakefist:

Yes now as long you these documents.
As long as what?

(1) (Reply)

Reverse Camera On 2006-2007 Honda Accord With Navigation / Why Do Most Nigerians Keep Koboko On The Dashboard Of Their Car? / It's Not Only Honda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.