Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,449 members, 7,839,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Notorious Lagos Cult Leader Arrested For Killing 5 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Notorious Lagos Cult Leader Arrested For Killing 5 (433 Views)

Cult Leader Arrested After Bloody Clash Between Aye & Eiye Cult Members / Notorious Lagos Physically Challenged Phone Thief Caught On CCTV / Notorious Lagos Police Station Where No One Is Innocent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Notorious Lagos Cult Leader Arrested For Killing 5 by tcruz: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2016
In a statement released by the Command, the 29-year-old Balogun, a top leader of the Eiye Confraternity in Somolu Local Government Area, a notorious bedrock of cult war in the state, was arrested on Saturday, August 20, 2016, by police detectives attached to the Alade Police Division on Apata Street in the Somolu area.

It was gathered that Small Jpron met his waterloo after some suspected cultists attacked the area on Saturday and he came out with his boys for a reprisal attack.

It was also learned that the notorious gangster was the one who organized a gang that set a house ablaze at Oshinfolarin Street, Bariga, in January 2016, and in the process, killing a 65-year-old woman, Adejoke Adefuye, who was burnt to death.

After that incident, Jpron was declared wanted by the police for the murder and five other of such killings in the Somolu and Bariga areas.
While being paraded at the State Command headquarters in Ikeja, on Wednesday, August 24, Small Jpron confessed to being a cultist and that he joined the cult to avenge the murder of his friend in 2009 by the Aye Confraternity members.

“I am an Eiye cult leader. I joined the cult in 2009. The reason for my joining was to avenge the death of a close friend, Sunday Folorunsho, aka Small Biscuits.

It was the Aye cult members that killed him. So, the Eiye faction approached me and said I should join them and they would help me fish out the people who killed my friend.

I had a lot of boys working for me. I have killed three persons among whom were Femi Wiper and Lekan Akon.

I cut them with knives. I shot some other victims. They were killed in the Somolu and Bariga areas. It was in the evening that Femi Wiper was killed.

We were going out for a carnival during the Easter period on Alade Street in the Somolu area when a fight broke out. He was the one who first pointed a gun at me and my boys hacked him to death.”

Commending his men for nabbing the notorious bandit, the State Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said Small Jpron, an ex-convict, had been declared wanted by the police for multiple cases of murder.

“Earlier this year, there were major cult clashes, where criminal elements in the Somolu and Bariga areas engaged one another in a war of supremacy culminating in the deaths of some persons.

The gang, led by Small Jpron, also set ablaze a house in the Pedro area in which an elderly woman was burnt to death. The suspect was the one who led the cult gang war. He is a known criminal in the Somolu area.

He has multiple cases of murder and armed robbery which he has confessed to. Through him, we will look for other members of the gang who turned Pedro and Somolu areas into theaters of war.”

Photos @ http:///Kxf8wa

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Detains Man Over $145,000 Love Scam (photo) / Muslim Bombing Suspect In Custody After Shootout With Police / Airtel New Scam (cry Of A Nairalander)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.