Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

"This Accessory May Not Be Supported" On Iphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / "This Accessory May Not Be Supported" On Iphone (2401 Views)

I Was Charged 81k On Iphone X As Import Duty, Please Help / Popular Ios Intellectual Assistant, Siri Will Soon Be Supported On Whatsapp / See Ntel Data Plans: Bundle Sizes, Prices And Supported Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"This Accessory May Not Be Supported" On Iphone by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
whenever I charge my IPhone, I usually get this message that "this accessory may not be supported"

It happens when the cord is disturbed. Most times when using the phone, I have to constantly remove the wire from my phone and plug it back to get rid of the message.

It isn't the original charger that came with phone, I lost that one.

I didn't have the problem with the real charger.

Is it possible that my charging spot is bad? Or is the charger just not compatible?

Is it a common problem for those using a charger different from the one the phone came with? Because I bought this new charger from the market.

I use an iPhone 5.

Re: "This Accessory May Not Be Supported" On Iphone by Wiztek(m): 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
It's not a new thing tho
It's also not a really good Idea to use another charger for iPhones cos they mess up the phone nd the battery I have three friends who used to use fake chargers for their iPhones but it didn't go well with them just buy a good charger head /adapter and u should be fine if u still have the original cord
Re: "This Accessory May Not Be Supported" On Iphone by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 26, 2016
Wiztek:
It's not a new thing tho
It's also not a really good Idea to use another charger for iPhones cos they mess up the phone nd the battery I have three friends who used to use fake chargers for their iPhones but it didn't go well with them just buy a good charger head /adapter and u should be fine if u still have the original cord

But how do I know a good charger? Because I bought this one too from the market. But it isn't a white cord like the original and it's not the same head
Re: "This Accessory May Not Be Supported" On Iphone by RitzyPrince(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2016
It's not easy getting an original iPhone accessories as you can easily spot any difference between the fake and the original. Go to APPLE SHOP if any is near you....tell them you want the best but be ready to pay on a high side.
chistev12:

But how do I know a good charger? Because I bought this one too from the market. But it isn't a white cord like the original and it's not the same head
Re: "This Accessory May Not Be Supported" On Iphone by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 26, 2016
RitzyPrince:
It's not easy getting an original iPhone accessories as you can easily spot any difference between the fake and the original. Go to APPLE SHOP if any is near you....tell them you want the best but be ready to pay on a high side.

Ok thanks
Re: "This Accessory May Not Be Supported" On Iphone by cupid4ig(m): 12:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
The problem is from the cable maybe it's twisted somewhere. 90% of iphone accessories in nigeria are fake. I have seen someone other from Jumia and Konga for as high as 6k and it's still turn out to be fake. But let me give u a little clue, Apple original cable is always ticker and softer. It's very soft(more like rubber)that when u bend it it will strengthen up immediately. The fake is more tinier and strong.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Subway Surfers Game Dawnload / Jio Sim Needed, Pls Help / Meet The Phone That Features A Massive 18,000mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.