Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Olamide Needs An International Collaboration - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Olamide Needs An International Collaboration (799 Views)

Olamide Needs To Grow Up Business-wise, He’s Immature And Inexperienced’ – Xino / Olamide Needs To Grow Up- Xino / FELA Never Paid For International Collaboration, I Will Never Pay – OLAMIDE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Olamide Needs An International Collaboration by ShinaAje: 11:10am On Aug 26, 2016
If Olamide must export his sound ,then he needs an international collaboration. Olamide is a Nigerian king, one whose throne resides from the slums of Lagos, through to the creeks of the Niger Delta. His music permeates every corner of the country and reaches out to every demography in the country.

The rapper was recently asked about why he has no international collaborations, and if it is a possibility, he will pay for a guest feature from an international artiste.

Olamide was bullish in his response ” i will never pay for an international collaboration, Fela never did any international collaboration neither did he lobby or pay for any international collaboration and his music went as far as all over the world.
” he was relevant while alive and even after his death, his music was much sought after, so why would i want to pay for an international collaboration because I want to remain relevant in the music industry “Olamide stated.

These answers hold certain truths that does not apply to Olamide, or when placed in today’s context, will not exactly be true. The comparison with Fela does not fit because of the difference in their music. Fela made protest music that resonated across the world, in a time when the black freedom movement were looking for messiahs to voice out against various systems of oppression. His afrocentric music connected to a global level, which made penetration and collaboration with international stars possible.

That’s far from Olamide’s rap which has veered off from top tunes and subject matters. Although these sounds have powered him to the top of the music food chain, he needs more. He needs more because the ceiling for achievement has been raised.

We are currently in the time when sound limitation is old fashioned with the globalization of diverse sounds,once considered as a niche melodies. Drake’s ‘One Dance’ success and Rihanna’s ‘Work’ phenomenon has started ..... read Via http://naijamusic247.com/olamide-needs-an-international-collaboration/

What is your thought?

(1) (Reply)

Khloe Kardashian Dancing To Wizkid's Hit Track 'show Me The Money(video) / American Rapper Lil Wayne Just Announced His Music Career Is Over! / Mercy Algbe Share Adorable Photo On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.