Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Let's share work experiences.. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Let's share work experiences.. (1861 Views)

Software Test Analysts Come In Let's Learn And Share Experiences / 5 Ways In Which Mobile Apps Can Enhance Travel Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
Share whatever application or tool you are building, share your ideas if you are planning on developing something. Share your work experiences
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by guente02(m): 4:10am On Aug 27, 2016
My final year web portal project.
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 27, 2016
guente02:
My final year web portal project.

What is it about?
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by CodeHouse: 2:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
Share whatever application or tool you are building, share your ideas if you are planning on developing something.

In this competitive world, you want people to share their ideas, what they are developing and future development plans?

Check out the ratio of views to comments and you will understand my statement above.

1 Like

Re: Let's share work experiences.. by guente02(m): 2:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

What is it about?
A management system to be used by my college's primary school for managing students records and doing other minor CRUD functionalities.
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by KazukiIto(m): 4:53pm On Aug 27, 2016
I'm developing a novel kernel
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
KazukiIto:
I'm developing a novel kernel
That's cool, you mean from scratch?
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2016
guente02:

A management system to be used by my college's primary school for managing students records and doing other minor CRUD functionalities.
I also have a project i'm managing similar to this, it's been boring so far
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
CodeHouse:

In this competitive world, you want people to share their ideas, what they are developing and future development plans?

Check out the ratio of views to comments and you will understand my statement above.
The truth is, there is nothing new under the sun. No one is asking for sensitive info just to share work experiences with fellow devs
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by KazukiIto(m): 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
That's cool, you mean from scratch?
I said NOVEL.
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by CodeHouse: 5:16pm On Aug 27, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
The truth is, there is nothing new under the sun. No one is asking for sensitive info just to share work experiences with fellow devs

People will think otherwise, hence the reason you have more views than comments. Modify your post and add "lets share work experiences" then you will see more comments.

Note: There are lots of things new under the sun, the next best thing is progressive and always in the development stage.

1 Like

Re: Let's share work experiences.. by guente02(m): 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2016
DanielTheGeek:
I also have a project i'm managing similar to this, it's been boring so far
Has it been designed or in the process or u r just supervising the process as an oga? Im trying to understand what you mean by managing? I'm still learning php and am using this project to kick start my career as a web developer and so far it's been fascinating and im feeling lucky.
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2016
Tank Jah Maybe i'll see help here.

I am creating a demo Jamb CBT practice site with php (for personal improvement);
this is how I want the practice page to look
NB: I have already done the database job with questions in it already.
I can also request the question and store in an assoc_array and display the questions in the format above.
Now the problem is:
1. if you look at the pix above you'll see the subjects listed on the buttons above the questions (if u click on the other subject, the questions under the subjects will show)...
Haba una undastand how Jamb CBT Work na!!
So I want someone to help tell me(Not necessarily a code but steps/algorithm on doing it) on how I can go on making the button with the subject on it, show the questions on the subject from the questions requested and stored in the assoc_array().

Re: Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
CodeHouse:

People will think otherwise, hence the reason you have more views than comments. Modify your post and add "lets share work experiences" then you will see more comments.

Note: There are lots of things new under the sun, the next best thing is progressive and always in the development stage.
Yes sir, but still nothing is new under the sun, everything being made is either a different version of something already existing
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by beatsbyj2g(m): 3:33pm On Aug 28, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
Tank Jah Maybe i'll see help here.

I am creating a demo Jamb CBT practice site with php (for personal improvement);
this is how I want the practice page to look
NB: I have already done the database job with questions in it already.
I can also request the question and store in an assoc_array and display the questions in the format above.
Now the problem is:
1. if you look at the pix above you'll see the subjects listed on the buttons above the questions (if u click on the other subject, the questions under the subjects will show)...
Haba una undastand how Jamb CBT Work na!!
So I want someone to help tell me(Not necessarily a code but steps/algorithm on doing it) on how I can go on making the button with the subject on it, show the questions on the subject from the questions requested and stored in the assoc_array().
try using include statement.....

So u will have all ur page content intact but only dat section changes...

This will be the code to display the current subject page.. So u will treat each subject like individual pages...

E.g $s = $_Post['subject'];

Include "$s.php";

or if u know ajax or reactjs .. just call all d questions on from a separate php file into ur HTML file onclick of d link
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
beatsbyj2g:
try using include statement.....

So u will have all ur page content intact but only dat section changes...

This will be the code to display the current subject page.. So u will treat each subject like individual pages...

E.g $s = $_Post['subject'];

Include "$s.php";

or if u know ajax or reactjs .. just call all d questions on from a separate php file into ur HTML file onclick of d link

u mean I should save the subject and its method of requesting from the database in separate .php file and include "the file"; if the button/link is clicked
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by beatsbyj2g(m): 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

u mean I should save the subject and its method of requesting from the database in separate .php file and include "the file"; if the button/link is clicked
thats the most secure way i can think of, you wont have to worry abt smart students trying sql injections cos u wuont be querying the database per click of the link.
ot , i need to see ur algorithm eg ur step by stepapproach to solving this problem from the start till the moment you hit this rock so i can find a way around it for u.

but if am to do it i will use ajax to get the data on click of the link its fast n fun the page wont need to reload..
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by talk2hb1(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2016
Developing WordPress undecided
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by CodeHouse: 5:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
talk2hb1:

Lol why the face, WordPress is getting stronger each day via plugins, so keep up the good work
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by CodeHouse: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
I am working on IOT, programming a microcontroller with C and ASM
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
guente02:

Has it been designed or in the process or u r just supervising the process as an oga? Im trying to understand what you mean by managing? I'm still learning php and am using this project to kick start my career as a web developer and so far it's been fascinating and im feeling lucky.

I'm managing the team and also wrote the bootstrap code, it's just that it's not a challenging task... It's something very common, found a way to make it different and stand out but I hope it works.
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
beatsbyj2g:
thats the most secure way i can think of, you wont have to worry abt smart students trying sql injections cos u wuont be querying the database per click of the link.
ot , i need to see ur algorithm eg ur step by stepapproach to solving this problem from the start till the moment you hit this rock so i can find a way around it for u.

but if am to do it i will use ajax to get the data on click of the link its fast n fun the page wont need to reload..
I haven't even tried it cuz no electricity.
but it seems it might work tho.

if i experience a hitch I hope u don' t mind me msging u thru whatsapp

and can SQL injection be done thru radio button
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 29, 2016
talk2hb1:
What exactly are you developing? Themes or Plugins... Thumbs up
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by guente02(m): 7:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

I'm managing the team and also wrote the bootstrap code, it's just that it's not a challenging task... It's something very common, found a way to make it different and stand out but I hope it works.
Its good to know.
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

Here are my suggestions for building a fully functional and secure exam software (Web App):

1: First familiarize yourself with the problems you are trying to solve, which is in this case: creating an exam practice application to help students excel.

2: Identify possible problems you may face during development so as to avoid them, don't wait till you get to the river before you cross.
Problem 1:
Security... If students are to excel using your software, it must be "CHEAT" prone and secure from all or almost all form of attacks (XSS, SQL Injection...).
Problem 2:
Speed... If you don't want students to get annoyed easily then make things quick
Problem 3:
Interactivity... If you don't want students getting bored and abandoning your software, make it interactive

Those are the main problems, tackle them and your software will totally stand out.

Now to the solution:

Using a framework will make things easier, one such as CodeIgniter, Yii or Laravel but if you're going procedural then you'd have to filter all form inputs using functions like mysqli_escape_string(), mysqli_real_escape_string(), preg_replace() and always try to close/disconnect your database connection when not querying: mysqli_close() to keep your software safe from mysql injections. Don't bother about whether a radio button can be used to carry out sql injections... Just strip/filter the value before passing it to the database that's all... Better safe than sorry.
You could either use AJAX or Websockets (RatchetPHP) to prevent cheating although websockets may be preferrable when a whole lot of people will be using your software concurrently. Try storing the whole question/page into a PHP variable e.g: $app = // The default page/question;
Then send the next question as a response to the AJAX call when the next button is clicked and vice-versa when the previous button is clicked...so the value of $app will contain the question which can be displayed on page using JavaScript's innerHTML or Jquery's .html() function. This is the easiest way I can think of currently.

As for speed, try caching pages for faster speed load times and leveraging between server sent requests and Local Storage, for non-sensitive temporary information you can switch to local storage and retrieve data from there destroying it when you no longer need it. CDNs are also a good bet, my guess is (no offense) it's too expensive... But I guess cloudflare is free other techniques include loading JavaScript files right before the closing </body> tag.

And down to interactivity, this is totally up to you... Don't just present questions the regular way.. Let some slide in, fade in, spin e.t.c add sound effects onClick. Note that interactivity and UI will attract end-users to use your software. You can get started by using libraries like Animate.css and use JavaScript to loop through different animations as questions load (there should be a tutorial somewhere on YouTube) and add a cool sound effects that's triggered on button clicks (Make it as cool as possible, don't add it at all if it doesn't feel right... It could be a distraction).

And those are my 50 Cents.
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by beatsbyj2g(m): 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:

No problem u can.

Yes .... All d person will do is check ur source code n get d php file u are sending form data to I.e action="topic.php" method="post"
den check d name attribute of ur radio button n finished....

he will just open note pad do an input form n name it as ur radio button n send sumtin evil to ur script...
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by talk2hb1(m): 2:34am On Aug 30, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

What exactly are you developing? Themes or Plugins... Thumbs up
Both, custom
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:14am On Aug 30, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

Here are my suggestions for building a fully functional and secure exam software (Web App):

1: First familiarize yourself with the problems you are trying to solve, which is in this case: creating an exam practice application to help students excel.

2: Identify possible problems you may face during development so as to avoid them, don't wait till you get to the river before you cross.
Problem 1:
Security... If students are to excel using your software, it must be "CHEAT" prone and secure from all or almost all form of attacks (XSS, SQL Injection...).
Problem 2:
Speed... If you don't want students to get annoyed easily then make things quick
Problem 3:
Interactivity... If you don't want students getting bored and abandoning your software, make it interactive

Those are the main problems, tackle them and your software will totally stand out.

Now to the solution:

Using a framework will make things easier, one such as CodeIgniter, Yii or Laravel but if you're going procedural then you'd have to filter all form inputs using functions like mysqli_escape_string(), mysqli_real_escape_string(), preg_replace() and always try to close/disconnect your database connection when not querying: mysqli_close() to keep your software safe from mysql injections. Don't bother about whether a radio button can be used to carry out sql injections... Just strip/filter the value before passing it to the database that's all... Better safe than sorry.
You could either use AJAX or Websockets (RatchetPHP) to prevent cheating although websockets may be preferrable when a whole lot of people will be using your software concurrently. Try storing the whole question/page into a PHP variable e.g: $app = // The default page/question;
Then send the next question as a response to the AJAX call when the next button is clicked and vice-versa when the previous button is clicked...so the value of $app will contain the question which can be displayed on page using JavaScript's innerHTML or Jquery's .html() function. This is the easiest way I can think of currently.

As for speed, try caching pages for faster speed load times and leveraging between server sent requests and Local Storage, for non-sensitive temporary information you can switch to local storage and retrieve data from there destroying it when you no longer need it. CDNs are also a good bet, my guess is (no offense) it's too expensive... But I guess cloudflare is free other techniques include loading JavaScript files right before the closing </body> tag.

And down to interactivity, this is totally up to you... Don't just present questions the regular way.. Let some slide in, fade in, spin e.t.c add sound effects onClick. Note that interactivity and UI will attract end-users to use your software. You can get started by using libraries like Animate.css and use JavaScript to loop through different animations as questions load (there should be a tutorial somewhere on YouTube) and add a cool sound effects that's triggered on button clicks (Make it as cool as possible, don't add it at all if it doesn't feel right... It could be a distraction).

And those are my 50 Cents.
but all those interactivity u mention, won't it affect page load size and speed specially on small Java phones??
Re: Let's share work experiences.. by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
but all those interactivity u mention, won't it affect page load size and speed specially on small Java phones??

I'm so sorry I didn't mention Compatibility... That's another likely problem you're going to encounter.

You have to let go of some interactivity and functionalities on older browsers and phones so your software can be backward compatible.

But first work on solving the other problems I mentioned earlier then you can flex your muscles on making your software stable. But have this in mind, you can't please everyone... You can only try your best to support majority of browsers and devices.

Interactivity can be costly if you don't use the right tools or architecture your system well you will end up with a slow website. Look into front-end tools and frameworks like ReactJS and AngularJS..... Checkout impressive Jquery plug-ins and tools at jqueryrain.com if you intend on using Jquery. Also checkout amazing resources made by people around the globe at www.bypeople.com trust me it's amazing.
. Thank me later

(1) (Reply)

Design Websites With Only Your Smartphone - No Laptop Or Internet Connection / What You Need To Know Before Developing A Website Or Mobile App / Simple C-codes That Still Confuse Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.