Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? (2065 Views)

"7.7 Million Animal Species. How Did They All Fit In, In Noah’s Ark? - Man Asks / “Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth" Lagos Church Members Believe The Pastor Is Jesus / Christianity Fast Facts: 8 Things Christians Believe In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by ValentineMary(m): 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2016
Dinocarex:
I don't argue much with people. Anytime they tell me there is no God, I reply them saying;

Something can never come out of Nothing.

[i] In quantum physics, virtual particles pop out of nothing following quantum fluctuation. Find a more convincing argument next time, then we can talk.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by raphieMontella: 8:05pm On Aug 28, 2016
Millerz:
How did energy originate?
go and learn quantum mechanics...that question is invalid
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by raphieMontella: 8:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

[i] In quantum physics, virtual particles pop out of nothing following quantum fluctuation. Find a more convincing argument next time, then we can talk.
seriously its really painful..
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
Invalid but you can't provide an answer. I say go and learn metaphysics.
raphieMontella:

go and learn quantum mechanics...that question is invalid
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by JSoE(f): 9:55am On Aug 29, 2016
Hehe... ran into this just before I saw this topic.

Oʻahu is also known for having the longest rain shower in history with over 200 days spent with continuous rain. Kaneohe Ranch, Oʻahu, Hawaiʻi reported 247 straight days with rain from August 27, 1993 to April 30, 1994.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oahu

Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by paragon40(m): 10:40am On Aug 29, 2016
Dinocarex:

Even if I should explain better to you. You will still be hell bent about HIS origination.
He is the creator!!
You can't tell me the beautiful skies, the green plants, the mountains made itself from the 'big bang and theory evolution'.

One remedy I recommend to people is to travel and appreciate Nature.
Stand on the Zenith of Victoria falls in Zambia and understand a picture I'm trying to paint. A fall that is beautiful with green plants by the side and subtly rainbow after a light rainfall doesn't just came into existence by some theories propanded by a scientist.

There is someone somewhere 'up there' who appreciate aesthetic and made it so beautiful.

Just as you stand on the bridge of East London and appreciate man's tatste of beauty.... You should also give it up to the 'Man Up there'.

Before Western and middle belt religion came to Africa, before Africans got to read and write... They have idols and they believe there is a supreme being up there who made those idols for them.

Believe me, there is a SUPREME BEING up there!!

Science can't find all answers to the quest of life!

may be you're right, but if there is a Supreme being., definately nt the one in the Bible.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by raphieMontella: 3:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Millerz:
Invalid but you can't provide an answer. I say go and learn metaphysics.
it is the answer to your energy question..
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by Aaronsrod: 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2016
The Lord of Hosts is the Lord of all. He has killed everybody before and he is preparing to do it again. He has killed with water in the flood. Next time will be fire. Are you ready? Have you repented? Do you believe? Are you washed in His blood?
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by hopefulLandlord: 4:16am On Nov 30, 2016
Aaronsrod:
The Lord of Hosts is the Lord of all. He has killed everybody before and he is preparing to do it again. He has killed with water in the flood. Next time will be fire. Are you ready? Have you repented? Do you believe? Are you washed in His blood?
go die in battle so that Doing would grant you access to Valhalla
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by promisechuks: 7:26am On Nov 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
go die in battle so that Doing would grant you access to Valhalla
that's FSM version of heaven.
Re: Why Do Christians Believe The Great Flood In Noah's Story Actually Happened? by hopefulLandlord: 9:32am On Dec 15, 2016
^^ ignorant blabber

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rev. Tony Obo Caught With Human Heart & Fetish Items In Calabar / Niki Minaj The Latest Entertainer To Mock Christians & Blaspheme Christ Publicly / Who Or What Do Atheists Turn To In Times Of Trouble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.