Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,722 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet (42766 Views)

Without A Job Yet? This Is How You Can Earn Income Monthly Easily / Without A Job Yet? Learn These 5 Top Skills And Get A Job!!! / 10 Reasons You Don't Have A Job Yet And What You Can Do About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by victory4ever(m): 1:29pm On Aug 27, 2016
onismate:
Here is the story of my friend who is not happy at all. After spending a huge sum for his masters in UK, he's yet to be employed. Read below....

I graduated from the university in 2011 and finished my NYSC in 2012. I had already planned my life I didn’t want to waste much time before going for my master’s degree if I didn’t get a good job.

A month before my POP in 2012, I got a job offer in an oil firm in Port Harcourt that I served. With a salary of N50,000 they offered, I wasn’t satisfied with it. I wanted better even when part of me insisted on taking the offer. I had to tell my mom that I wanted to sell some of my late dad’s property to raise money to go to U.K for my masters. My mom totally refused. She objected on me selling any of my dad’s property to go abroad for my master. And she has also refused to give me money for school fees. She no want make I travel. She said she would only support me if I wanted to start a business.

Not that we are so rich, we are just okay. My mom runs her own boutique in Abuja. my dad only left us with 4 landed properties and I intended selling off 3 to raise money to go for my master’s in U.K, and I didn’t know where to raise any money. I thought about everything, it was really killing me. My late dad left four landed properties in Abuja, and my mom didn’t want me to sell any of them. She wanted me to keep them.

A week after my service, I had to trick my mom after much pressure I placed her in. She allowed me to only sell 2. I told her I wanted to use the money to start an agriculture business. Na so she give me permission to sell. And I didn’t even sell it for as much reasonable price just because I was so desperate. I was not patience enough and my mom was terribly angry with me. I supposed to realize about N11m on the two land sales because it was located in a good area. But I wasn’t patient enough. I hurriedly realized N7. 8m from the sales. I paid my tuition fee and every other ones in the U.K. After everything. While I was still waiting for my Visa confirmation, I mom will keep asking when and the plans about my business. I will tell her I was still working on it. I got my Visa before telling my mom. My mom nearly went ballistics when I told her I was using the money for my masters in U.K. I had to beg and kept begging. Even when I was leaving for U.K, she didn’t even talk to me. She felt betrayed about what I did.

After my masters, I came back late 2014. I and my mom had finally reconciled, I felt fulfilled that my value has risen in the labour market. Not until after job hunting for 2 months, it looked as if my education was nonsense. It looked as if I wasted my time and money in U.K for masters and was not able to get any reasonable job. Employers no even send my U.K certificate sef. After spending about N6.7m for my school, stay and all expenses in U.K, I am yet to get reasonable offer. I am beginning to regret, I would have heeded to my mom’s advice to use the money for business.

This is 2016 and yet no job. And I didn’t want my mom to know about my so many weird job hunting ordeals, because it would look as if it was out of my disobedience I refused to listen to her. The one that angered me most was the job interview I went for last week. It was boldly stated that they wanted people with masters. It was after the interview only for me to hear that the company only recruited Bsc holders. Infact I was told that the interview we did was just a formality, the company had taken people they wanted. I was so pained when I heard that. That was not the first time such a thing is happening. There is no longer equality in Nigerian job hunting labour system. To get a job now is about “WHO IS YOUR FATHER” or “WHO DO YOU KNOW.”

Well, but I know God, am being hopeful that soon I will get a good job. I just decided to take the little money I have to do start up a small business.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1194-after-spending-n6-7m-for-my-masters-in-the-u-k-nigerian-employers-are-using-me-to-play-chess

So u spent 6 - 7m upgrading urself so dat u can work for somebody, wen u could use same amount to become ur own boss.. well keep searching God dey.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by falopey: 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2016
onismate:
Here is the story of my friend who is not happy at all. After spending a huge sum for his masters in UK, he's yet to be employed. Read below....

I graduated from the university in 2011 and finished my NYSC in 2012. I had already planned my life I didn’t want to waste much time before going for my master’s degree if I didn’t get a good job.

A month before my POP in 2012, I got a job offer in an oil firm in Port Harcourt that I served. With a salary of N50,000 they offered, I wasn’t satisfied with it. I wanted better even when part of me insisted on taking the offer. I had to tell my mom that I wanted to sell some of my late dad’s property to raise money to go to U.K for my masters. My mom totally refused. She objected on me selling any of my dad’s property to go abroad for my master. And she has also refused to give me money for school fees. She no want make I travel. She said she would only support me if I wanted to start a business.

Not that we are so rich, we are just okay. My mom runs her own boutique in Abuja. my dad only left us with 4 landed properties and I intended selling off 3 to raise money to go for my master’s in U.K, and I didn’t know where to raise any money. I thought about everything, it was really killing me. My late dad left four landed properties in Abuja, and my mom didn’t want me to sell any of them. She wanted me to keep them.

A week after my service, I had to trick my mom after much pressure I placed her in. She allowed me to only sell 2. I told her I wanted to use the money to start an agriculture business. Na so she give me permission to sell. And I didn’t even sell it for as much reasonable price just because I was so desperate. I was not patience enough and my mom was terribly angry with me. I supposed to realize about N11m on the two land sales because it was located in a good area. But I wasn’t patient enough. I hurriedly realized N7. 8m from the sales. I paid my tuition fee and every other ones in the U.K. After everything. While I was still waiting for my Visa confirmation, I mom will keep asking when and the plans about my business. I will tell her I was still working on it. I got my Visa before telling my mom. My mom nearly went ballistics when I told her I was using the money for my masters in U.K. I had to beg and kept begging. Even when I was leaving for U.K, she didn’t even talk to me. She felt betrayed about what
http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1194-after-spending-n6-7m-for-my-masters-in-the-u-k-nigerian-employers-are-using-me-to-play-chess

A good lesson for those yearning to go study in the UK. You can't even be allowed to stay back and work after your study.

Rather come to the US and study and be able to stay back and work after your study. There's opportunity for that here in the US.

4 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by cutechi(f): 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2016
Don't give up, when it's ur time, U will shine.
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by hustla(m): 1:36pm On Aug 27, 2016
That's what happens when u Dont do proper research before leaving naija
U dnt go to UK for MSc, Never. It's a useless country that doesn't like immigrants
Yankee dey there, Finland, Germany, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, France, Italy, u no see school go so u go fit stay back, na UK wey be say if possible sef them go chase u before u do graduation

Mumu

7 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by babyfaceafrica: 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2016
Correspondence:

500k cannot finish science based masters in Nigeria.
says whoo..how much is msc..industrial chemistry in federal universities?......-, UI u won't spend more than 200k
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
onismate:

A week after my service, I had to trick my mom after much pressure I placed her in. She allowed me to only sell 2. I told her I wanted to use the money to start an agriculture business. Na so she give me permission to sell. And I didn’t even sell it for as much reasonable price just because I was so desperate. I was not patience enough and my mom was terribly angry with me. I supposed to realize about N11m on the two land sales because it was located in a good area. But I wasn’t patient enough. I hurriedly realized N7. 8m from the sales. I paid my tuition fee and every other ones in the U.K. After everything. While I was still waiting for my Visa confirmation, I mom will keep asking when and the plans about my business. I will tell her I was still working on it. I got my Visa before telling my mom. My mom nearly went ballistics when I told her I was using the money for my masters in U.K. I had to beg and kept begging. Even when I was leaving for U.K, she didn’t even talk to me. She felt betrayed about what I did.

After my masters, I came back late 2014. I and my mom had finally reconciled, I felt fulfilled that my value has risen in the labour market. Not until after job hunting for 2 months, it looked as if my education was nonsense. It looked as if I wasted my time and money in U.K for masters and was not able to get any reasonable job. Employers no even send my U.K certificate sef. After spending about N6.7m for my school, stay and all expenses in U.K, I am yet to get reasonable offer. I am beginning to regret, I would have heeded to my mom’s advice to use the money for business.

This is 2016 and yet no job. And I didn’t want my mom to know about my so many weird job hunting ordeals, because it would look as if it was out of my disobedience I refused to listen to her. The one that angered me most was the job interview I went for last week. It was boldly stated that they wanted people with masters. It was after the interview only for me to hear that the company only recruited Bsc holders. Infact I was told that the interview we did was just a formality, the company had taken people they wanted. I was so pained when I heard that. That was not the first time such a thing is happening. There is no longer equality in Nigerian job hunting labour system. To get a job now is about “WHO IS YOUR FATHER” or “WHO DO YOU KNOW.”

Well, but I know God, am being hopeful that soon I will get a good job. I just decided to take the little money I have to do start up a small business.

I no go advise my enemy go UK to study sef. With that amount u can get Canadian residency if u apply right.

1 Like

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by sukkot: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2016
victory4ever:

So u spent 6 - 7m upgrading urself so dat u can work for somebody, wen u could use same amount to become ur own boss.. well keep searching God dey.
well you have said it all. do you know 7 m naira is like 50,000 pounds ? he could have used the money to buy a house in a suburb of glasgow or something. 50 thousand pounds is not beans oooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by mpu0001: 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2016
my problem with you, is that u have not really learnt your lesson mr. y still searching for job forget that job hunting..hunt for your life. today is a new day my bro. sit ur mum down, knee down ask her of 1m and above, ask her of blessing. travel back to UK or China or hongkong. study entrepreneurs there, find out what is going on,start importation biz or buy a machine u can in credit, use the remaining of ur father's land as the site start as little as u can. in two yrs u will be amazed how well and free u r. forget job here, even Dr don't even have. if u need white collar job travel back. think about this.... remember my email, send mail if u heed to the advice may.
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by greggng: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
onismate:

If I had know u before now I would ve advised u to go for that masters in Australia. There you ve the prospect of getting a good job when you re through with it. A friend is currently in Australia now and he is doing well and he advices me to do anything possible to come over. All of you heading to UK re just wasting their time. Don't give up yet I graduated and completed my nysc 2013 till date no job. I know one day luck will smile on us.

2 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by sukkot: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2016
mpu0001:
my problem with you, is that u have not really learnt your lesson mr. y still searching for job forget that job hunting..hunt for your life. today is a new day my bro. sit ur mum down, knee down ask her of 1m and above, ask her of blessing. travel back to UK or China or hongkong. study entrepreneurs there, find out what is going on,start importation biz or buy a machine u can in credit, use the remaining of ur father's land as the site start as little as u can. in two yrs u will be amazed how well and free u r. forget job here, even Dr don't even have. if u need white collar job travel back. think about this.... remember my email, send mail if u heed to the advice may.
what kind of advise is this na [img]http://fail.brm.sk/facepalm/facepalm.jpg?vm=r&s=1[/img]

6 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by 4nobody4every1: 1:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
sukkot:
grin people use masters to wipe yansh these days. better go to polytechnic and learn a skill
Or join me in planet Jupiter to explore the galaxies, terrestrial beings, aliens, new planets, emerging stars etc l have been living in jupiter for the past 900 years enjoying my life with angelic beings grin grin....

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by proffray(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
Pls be patience, all hope is not lost.
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by sukkot: 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Or join me in planet Jupiter to explore the galaxies, terrestrial beings, aliens, new planets, emerging stars etc l have been living in jupiter for the past 900 years enjoying my life with angelic beings grin grin....
[img]http://4.bp..com/-80o59b3-qnY/TXQFHqcTfbI/AAAAAAAAAwA/SjeFzvBeoMo/s1600/laughter1262542393.jpg?vm=r&s=1[/img]
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:51pm On Aug 27, 2016
some master degree does nt have a work experience experience... hope u no datin
Incrizz:

But how come? Is the Master degree holder the security guard or something?
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by Moreoffaith(m): 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
Always Good to listen to our parent sometimes.
They are our small god.
if say u leave that land then it would have worth times 3 of that money you sold it.
Tell your friend to go back to her,kneel down and ask her to pray for him from the depth of her heart my brother.
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
why asking...
Tuham:

which work you dey do bro?
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by cowgirl9090: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2016
ogawisdom:
6.7m gini angry u jst wasted dt money. With dt money u would have done MSC and even PhD at UNN, unilag, uniport, ABU, UNibadan with better change

MSC 500k
PhD. 2.5m

Balance to invest in biz 3.7m cool

It will be had for u to get a job dt will pay u even 100k, masters na masters I don't kw who told u guys dt UK masters makes any difference in naija job market. U will learn d hard way, good luck sha

I just tire for him matter, with 6miilion naira he can buy 2plots of land and build1 storey building in Aba majoy city.

2 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by 4nobody4every1: 1:53pm On Aug 27, 2016

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by Successobed(m): 1:54pm On Aug 27, 2016
First of all, the biggest mistake you made was going to the UK to study for your masters, had it been you came to US instead you wouldn't need to spend so much and you would have gotten a job immediately here in the US and even stay behind .....you could even be working and doing your masters at the same time, you might have even realize all the money you spent before you even finish your master.

Secondly you didn't have your mom's blessings when taking that bold step to go to the UK you even betrayed her, that is so so sad even though you have both made peace.

4 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by AbuSaad39(m): 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
LastMumu:

Where did you read that?
hehehe

Help me ask yeye person o. He read nosense!

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by rhektor(m): 1:58pm On Aug 27, 2016
Buhari eyaf finish ds country.
BTW o #6m is enough to start bizz here in our Nigeria. Why waste such money on master? Anyway the best investment is to invest in self development please don't regret developing yourself
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by Boss13: 1:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
admax:

I don't know why people will go for their Masters with the hope of landing a good job afterwards and not for the academic benefits which is the why one should go for his Masters. Nigerians will go for their Masters without zero work experience after B.Sc!

What course did your friend studied for his B.Sc and was his Masters done on that field? I have seen economics graduate travelling out to study Greek for their Masters in Ukraine!

I wish your friend goodluck.

Well said. Young graduate are yet to get this. Instant rush to do a masters without job experience makes you an automatic graduate entry. Work experience is key.

Another thing young graduate do is doing a masters in a field that is not in demand in the country - who will employ you. A masters does not guarantee you instant job employment.

2 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by Toks2008(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
onismate:

Wettin carry you come back naija?

You would have simply get married to one sweet britiko and patiently build your life there

Many PhD holders are jobless in Nigeria let alone masters.I will advice that you keep hope alive.

1 Like

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by bullseye90(m): 2:05pm On Aug 27, 2016
Correspondence:

500k cannot finish science based masters in Nigeria.

Who told u so? bro it depends on your school and thesis. well besides rent, 500k should suffice
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by leo1234(m): 2:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
ibiboatais:
The good news is that your education is valuable, but the sad news is that you are the cause of your unemployment. Am serving right now but earning six figure income monthly from blogging. I will still insist that you should create a job for your self if there is none.

Please how can I add categories to my blog? I was able to do it when I was using WordPress but I decided to move to blogger. www.okmedics.com
Thanks.
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
the mistakd op did was to study at england. that's a f.ucked up place, after your study they will just send you back to naija. if he had done masters at Canada or Australia, upon graduation he will still have 1-2yrsvleft to get a job.
people should quit going to England for school purpose all they need us your money, choose Canada or Australia. kpele sha, you done cast.

2 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by logoscope(m): 2:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
Lol. N6m for masters program. Y e ni use that money establish himself?
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:15pm On Aug 27, 2016
cowgirl9090:

I just tire for him matter, with 6miilion naira he can buy 2plots of land and build1 storey building in Aba majoy city.
impossible. 1 storey building + 2plots? all for 6million. nwanne kwusi ishi ashi
Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by Chukzyfcb(m): 2:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
Successobed:
First of all, the biggest mistake you made was going to the UK to study for your masters, had it been you came to US instead you wouldn't need to spend so much and you would have gotten a job immediately here in the US and even stay behind .....you could even be working and doing your masters at the same time, you might have even realize all the money you spent before you even finish your master.

Secondly you didn't have your mom's blessings when taking that bold step to go to the UK you even betrayed her, that is so so sad even though you have both made peace.
exactly, anybody still going to UK with the hope of returning to naiija forr a better job is very mis informed. i will pick Canada, Australia or usa over UK any day anytime.

3 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by Lightening: 2:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
ireneony:
It's better to study bsc/first degree in uk than masters.
Op you doing your masters is not the problem. The only barrier you have is u don't have work experience. If had work in Nigeria before leaving nigeria, my brother, would've been looking for you.

Very untrue. Countless number of people have left their comfortable jobs and sojourned abroad for Masters degree only to come back and start lobbying for the same class of job they left without success. If you dare leave Naija for any reason to fritter away your hard earned savings on oversea Msc, just ensure the system will absorb you there after your studies or you face a bleaker chances on return.

2 Likes

Re: He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet by EmekaBlue(m): 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
Similar case here....I dnt even have d zeal to apply again.. Just thinking of my own way of earning

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Warri Youths Protests Because 80% Hausa People Got Employed In PTI / Can A 18 Year Old Really Achieve This? / How To Answer ''Tell Us About Yourself'' When A Recruiter Asks You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.