Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Barcelona Vs Athletic Bilboa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona Vs Athletic Bilboa (530 Views)

Tazania Pulls Out Of Athletic Championship In Delta State / Photos From The Opening Ceremony Of African Athletic Championship In Asaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Vs Athletic Bilboa by yungmaestro(m): 2:42am On Aug 28, 2016
BARCELONA: Barcelona coach Luis Enrique is expecting another gruelling game at Athletic Bilbao when the La Liga champions visit San Mames on Sunday (today).
Barca scrapped a 1-0 win in the fixture last season thanks to a second-half strike from Luis Suarez after Lionel Messi missed a penalty.
The Catalans were also thrashed 4-0 at San Mames in the Spanish Super Cup, the only domestic competition they failed to win last season.
Athletic only field players who were born in or brought up in the Basque Country but finished fifth in La Liga last season, missing out on Champions League football by two points and reaching the Europa League quarter-finals.
“The fact Athletic have a limited market to choose from, and the fact they have the same coach, means it will be the same as always.
“We are excited to play at San Mames, a stadium we love with an atmosphere you get at few other grounds in the league,” the coach added.

(1) (Reply)

'pep Is A Coward; Jose Is A Star' - Zlatan / I Did Not Reject My Accommodation : Gernot Rohr / I'll Apologise If Guardiola Apologises To Pellegrini' - Dimitri Seluk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.