Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

For The Yorubas - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / For The Yorubas (357 Views)

Omg!!!could This Mean The Yorubas Also Want A Repulic Of Their Own??? / Omg!!!could This Mean The Yorubas Also Want A Repulic Of Their Own??? / Wish Yorubas Knew The True Meaning Of These Names In Igbo Language(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Yorubas by danieloj811: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2016
Please who knows the meaning of the name 'Ogunmola'
Re: For The Yorubas by laiza(m): 11:17am On Aug 28, 2016
"Ogun" means god of iron and "Ola" is wealth. So simply put "Ogunmola means wealth that has to do with the god of iron, literally. But putting in the family way, it just means a wealthy man who comes from a long lineage of Ogun worshipers. Compréndè?
Re: For The Yorubas by Raydos: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2016
Ogun Knows Tomorrow
Re: For The Yorubas by danieloj811: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
laiza:
"Ogun" means god of iron and "Ola" is wealth. So simply put "Ogunmola means wealth that has to do with the god of iron, literally. But putting in the family way, it just means a wealthy man who comes from a long lineage of Ogun worshipers. Compréndè?
Yeah I think you're right but I just feel there's a short meaning

(1) (Reply)

Pose For Life / Test The Waters (1) / Okagbare: Sometimes I Feel Like Dumping Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.