Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:33 AM

How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Information With Facebook - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Information With Facebook (383 Views)

7 Reasons Why I Uninstalled WhatsApp From My Device, And You Should Too / How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Data With Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Stop Whatsapp From Sharing Your Information With Facebook by afroLAD: 12:18pm On Aug 28, 2016
WhatsApp will send or may have sent you an update requesting you agree to their new terms and condition. Try and read the terms and condition before agreeing.

When you agree, go to Settings > Accounts. You will see that option to allow sharing of your information on Facebook have been checked for you. You have just between now and September ending to change it (uncheck it) otherwise you will not be able to change it again. Please be on the alert and inform others. Its another attempt to start sharing your WhatsApp information on Facebook which you will not have control over anymore.

This is true, I have unchecked mine.

No one knows the source of Whatsapp and the information shared on Whatsapp is always encrypted. Once you agree or don’t uncheck, all your information will be shared on Facebook.

It’s an advice worth acting on.

Source: http://afrolad.com/stop-whatsapp-from-sharing-your-information-with-facebook/

(1) (Reply)

MTN Denies Illegal Repatriation Of $13bn, Allegations Are Unfounded & Lacks Meri / Uk Google Adsense Available / Iphone 7 Plus Vs Pixel XL Camera Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.