Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo (6517 Views)

Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike Ikwo Ebonyi In Pictures! An Eyesore / Boy Scores 400 In Post-UTME Exam Of Federal University Ndufu-Alike Ikwo / The State Of Hostels In Federal University Ndufu Alike Ikwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Parkac(m): 2:08am On Aug 29, 2016
The Governor of Ebonyi State, Chief Dave Nweze Umahi, has ordered the immediate sack of some non-academic staff of the Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki and the College of Education, Ikwo.

Umahi, who gave the order on Saturday while receiving the report of a committee to review the activities in the institutions, said that it is not economically viable for the institutions to recruit adjunct staff in the non-academic cadre, as the employees will be redundant in their duties.

"It does not make ‘economic sense’ for the institutions to employ 400 cleaners as one wonders the scope and nature of work they will be doing.

"We know that the managements postulated ‘professional sense’ in employing such workers but with the prevailing economic situation in the country, we should effectively merge it with ‘economic sense," he said.

The governor also ordered that promotion of staff in both institutions be suspended until the visitation panel concluded its duties.
He also directed the state’s fiscal responsibility commission to investigate activities in both institutions.

"When we conclude all reviews and investigations, I am optimistic that we can reduce their tuition fees as obtained in other states of the South East geo political zone.

"We are unhappy that our students seek academic pursuits in other states due to high tuition fees, and we are committed to solving all the problems confronting these institutions," he added.

Source: http://campusportalng.com/ebsu/ebonyi-governor-sacks-ebsu-coe-ikwo-workers/34163/
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by divinepips(m): 4:08am On Aug 29, 2016
This man no fit, walahi.

This FTC is dedicated to my lovely wife and kids.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by chriskosherbal(m): 4:12am On Aug 29, 2016
I see
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 29, 2016
Nigerian Governors = Slave Masters
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by dainformant(m): 6:44am On Aug 29, 2016
lalasticala
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Trojan2010: 6:59am On Aug 29, 2016
Geez! Thank God I'm a year older now cool cool
Show some love people since my babe forgot to wish me a happy birthday

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by vinjustice(m): 6:59am On Aug 29, 2016
so where them one make them see Jobs...something go soon happen for this NAIJA

1 Like

Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by greatgod2012(f): 7:01am On Aug 29, 2016
Sack, retrenchment, review the workforce, etc. are terms we hear too much in this change era.

God have mercy o.
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Forzap: 7:01am On Aug 29, 2016
It hurts when one sees a clear fp opportunity nd av
absolutely nothing meaningful to contribute embarassed embarassed
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Temitope223(m): 7:02am On Aug 29, 2016
Change indeed
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 29, 2016
"It does not make ‘economic sense’ for the institutions to employ 400 cleaners as one wonders the scope and nature of work they will be doing"
But it makes economic sense to buy 2016 Toyota SUV Prados Jeeps for state legislooters who already have enough?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Anikulhapo(m): 7:03am On Aug 29, 2016
Most of all these Nigerian governors are useless especially Aregbesola........Oloriburuku somebody

1 Like

Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 29, 2016
I'm surprised none of our brothers from the **** sees no wrong in this but if Aregbe or Ambode had done the same, this thread would have been inundated with their usually banal rhetorics.

I forgot David Umahi is a PDP/SE governor, he can never be wrong.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 29, 2016
Jj
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Rapmoney(m): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2016
Omo, e dor red for the families of these people!!! cool
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by stainlink(m): 7:08am On Aug 29, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by FinestPINACLE(f): 7:09am On Aug 29, 2016
Blood of zechariah. Chai Jesus wept!
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by free2ryhme: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2016
400 cleaners

Even the biggest university in america no get reach 100
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by free2ryhme: 7:23am On Aug 29, 2016
grin 400 cleaners
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Desdola(m): 7:30am On Aug 29, 2016
His reasons for the sack are lame. Wonder when these governors would learn. What would be d fate of those sacked?

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Oluwaiye2016: 7:40am On Aug 29, 2016
It hurts when one sees a clear federal power opportunity nd av
absolutely nothing meaningful to contribute
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Guliver(m): 7:52am On Aug 29, 2016
t not the end of life,they should look inward, I was sack by Jonathan govt,but I didn't gave up. today I thank God.
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by ogawisdom(m): 7:56am On Aug 29, 2016
Chai Poor cleaners abt to be impoverished darris godu oooo angry angry sad angry
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Bright50135(m): 8:17am On Aug 29, 2016
So,they is no economic waste in buying a single car worth 29m to already hav persons?those cleaners hav served under many govt b4 urs,they didnt complaind.naw,just to relief a cleaner hs/her job wil make d economy boom.shame on u umahi

2 Likes

Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Spanner4(m): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2016
I googled Nigeria, was suprised what I found.. Nigeria is a Joke
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by toprealman: 9:27am On Aug 29, 2016
I heard that the library in Abia state polytechnic, a small one at that, is blessed with 47 workers....yes 47
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Awho(m): 9:55am On Aug 29, 2016
Ebsu my Ebsu Umahi has an idea though buh rather than sacking those already gainfully employed I think it would had been better if he resulted to expanding
the state revenue generation like officially opening their international market
to add rather than retrenching

my thought though
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Wisdomkosi(m): 10:07am On Aug 29, 2016
I don't want to talk
Re: Umahi Sacks Workers In Ebonyi In EBSU & College Of Education, Ikwo by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2016
Up Devil

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Army To Establish School Of Language / Nairaland's First Interschool E-debate. Fixtures / OAU Shuts Down Hostel Mosques Over Doctrine Similar To Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.