Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores (6763 Views)

Tecno Spark K7 Full Review: Cheap Does Not Always Mean Crab!!! / Simon Petrus Invented Phone In Namibia Which Does Not Use Airtime (Photos,Video) / I Wonder How Airtel Users Cope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by booz(m): 8:20am On Aug 29, 2016
I bought this tab on amazon. I must confess, I haven't seen its match in Nigeria, both in functionality and battery life. Not until I checked its package and saw this...

Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by sunkoye: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2016
well...sumtins are solely meant for Uncle Sam

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 29, 2016
booz:
I bought this tab on amazon. I must confess, I haven't seen its match in Nigeria, both in functionality and battery life. Not until I checked its package and saw this...

Why don't u tell us which version of galaxy tab it is? Maybe it is just a carrier brand , Samsung normally have us and international version if their products and most of the times international versions are always better. The US versions sre usually subsidised versions. No need to make a meal out of nothing.

18 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by Flexherbal(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2016
greenhulk:

Why don't u tell us which version of galaxy tab it is? Maybe it is just a carrier brand , Samsung normally have us and international version if their products and most of the times international versions are always better. The US versions sre usually subsidised versions. No need to make a meal out of nothing.
He said this particular one is good.

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by DesChyko: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2016
What is the model? Without that, you're saying virtually nothing.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by bigiyaro(m): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2016
Flexherbal:
He said this particular one is good.
gud in comparison to what?

2 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by DrayZee: 10:33am On Aug 29, 2016
Lol.... You carefully ensured that you captured only the part with "Samsung Galaxy".... Wtf do you think you're doing?
*Modified
Well, like the dude above said, international versions of Samsung devices are usually much better than the USA-only versions.... For example the USA-only S7's use Snapdragon 820...international versions use Exynos.

So you'd probably have been better off with a version of your device available in Nigeria.

14 Likes

Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by ruggedadventure(m): 10:46am On Aug 29, 2016
booz:

I wonder to ooo...
Bet why?
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by AnodaIT(m): 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
All I know is that US versions of any products are always bugged with unimaginable stuff and they are offered at less price with installment payment options.

Nothing special here
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by Eleniyan15: 8:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
WHO E EPP?

OGBENI
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by Lastine: 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
What is this one saying when we still dy search our president's certy.

Abeg, Mai pipu... Where....

1 Like

Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
DrayZee:
Lol.... You carefully ensured that you captured only the part with "Samsung Galaxy".... Wtf do you think you're doing?
Well, like the dude above said, international versions of Samsung devices are usually much better than the USA-only versions.... For example the USA-only S6 and S7's use Snapdragon 820...international versions use Exynos.

So you'd probably have been better off with a version of your device available in Nigeria.

Point of correction. Snapdragon didn't power S6 talk more of the version 820. Exynos did the job for USA and other parts
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by DrayZee: 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2016
ollah1:

Point of correction. Snapdragon didn't power S6 talk more of the version 820. Exynos did the job for USA and other parts
Correct...
Now clap for yourself...
It powers the S7 and competitors to the S6
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by Nobody: 11:55pm On Aug 29, 2016
DrayZee:

Correct...
Now clap for yourself...
It powers the S7 and competitors to the S6

Actually the SD810 and SD808 powered the direct competitors of S6
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by DrayZee: 12:02am On Aug 30, 2016
ollah1:

Actually the SD810 and SD808 powered the direct competitors of S6
angry.... I know.... I meant Snapdragon in general
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by mikron(m): 3:20am On Aug 30, 2016
where is the tab? u just showed us the carton,
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by hUmaneOne: 11:43am On Aug 30, 2016
booz:

American versions have specific basebands and permits only some bands of networks .

Eg a HTC One m8 LTE made for the US (at&t or Verizon)
Will not have 4g LTE if used in Nigeria.

That's why I'm sorry for folks who buy American specs phone and run into problems with 3g or 4g here.
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by hUmaneOne: 11:52am On Aug 30, 2016
DrayZee:
*Modified
Well, like the dude above said, international versions of Samsung devices are usually much better than the USA-only versions.... For example the USA-only S7's use Snapdragon 820...international versions use Exynos.

International versions are not better per se.. The reason they use different chipsets is because of the radio (network) support. Some chipsets support only some network bands.
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by farrukhnawaz: 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
Great the mobile is best for all kind of purpose like battery long time calling and video result you will be amazed by it.
Qmobile price in Pakistan
Sasmung mobile prices
Samsung price canada
Qmobile price in canada
You will find all mobile very fast and good in features.
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by Fidelismaria: 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 2:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
Cause we Nigerians don't respect phones like they do
Re: I Wonder Why America Does Not Want This Product Outside Its Shores by philfrey08: 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
booz:
Looks like you bought it from SPAR

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Whatsapp Bundle Package Now 30mb ? / MTN Introduced Unlimited Daily Data Plan For Just N150 / Airtel Line Blocked,help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.