Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,474 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Upward Review Of International Call Rates By Telecoms Companies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Upward Review Of International Call Rates By Telecoms Companies (573 Views)

Break The Spell On You By Telecoms To Waste Money On Recharge Card! / Emefiele Elected Chairman Of International Islamic Liquidity Management / Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Upward Review Of International Call Rates By Telecoms Companies by futurenix(m): 9:15am On Aug 29, 2016
I innocently placed a call to my clients in Cameroon this morning and was charged N5/s by Etisalat.

Initially thought I was shortchanged and called their customer care to report only to be told there has been an upward review for international call rates.

A friend also told me he had a similar experience with MTN yesterday.

My annoyance is there was NO notification whatsoever about the increment.

These people keep sending useless text messages to my phone disturbing my calmness in the name of adverts and did not deem it fit to send a text message about their rate increment.

Is it possible the 9% tax has been implemented or its the change in Forex?

Seems we are going back to the Era of call centers soon.
Re: Upward Review Of International Call Rates By Telecoms Companies by bigtt76(f): 9:32am On Aug 29, 2016
Same with Glo but cheaper at N4/s angry I call now only when necessary. I use Whatsapp, Viber or Google Duo ....these are much more clearer.

futurenix:
I innocently placed a call to my clients in Cameroon this morning and was charged N5/s by Etisalat.

Initially thought I was shortchanged and called their customer care to report only to be told there has been an upward review for international call rates.

These people keep sending useless text messages to my phone disturbing my calmness in the name of adverts and did not deem it fit to send a text message about their rate increment.

Re: Upward Review Of International Call Rates By Telecoms Companies by kolnel: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2016
What happened to viber, what app ,
Yahoo messenger even bbm video calls

VoIP is the way to go
Re: Upward Review Of International Call Rates By Telecoms Companies by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 08, 2016
futurenix:

International call rates to and from Nigeria have definitely been increased. If you look at most providers overseas as well, you will notice that the rates to Nigeria from most countries have gone up by at least 500%. This is due to an increase in termination rates to Nigeria. Possibly due to the ongoing financial difficulties being experienced in the country.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Heard Of Mmm Mavro? / How Much Does First Bank Charge On Foreign Transactions / 7 Basic Ideas To Generating Income Stream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.