Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,578 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs (23693 Views)

FOREX Users Dump BDCs As Naira/dollar Rates Converge / CBN Introduces New FX Rate For Bdcs / Dollar Scarcity To Worsen As Security Operatives Clamps Down On BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by Optofrank: 9:54am On Aug 30, 2016
If care is not taken we might use ghana must go bag full with money to buy bread. Very Painful... Nigeria heading towards Zimbabwe.

1 Like

Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by anonimi: 9:58am On Aug 30, 2016
Firefire:
It is well... embarassed

Is it well, really?
Can it be well with these leaders looters

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3441929_img20160227001458_jpeg3fecf627d6b5447631b348f011e59b5a

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by Nukilia: 11:00am On Aug 30, 2016
Uncletony:

Why not blame jonathan!. Instead of blaming PDP andAPC ...some people are allergic to the truth even at point of death. I will start #impeachbuhari campaign on social media tomorrow at exactly 2pm

Thumbs up!
The present government is a fraud... They rode on the back of the masses, pretending to alleviate the pains of the public but they ended up causing the masses more pain.

I support the movement #ImpeachBuhariNow cool

1 Like

Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by Brunel(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2016
2sexynet:
lol... I used to think like you. grin
until?
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by blackprowler: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2016
My own remains the same: Nigeria is a joke; the mods are a joke for having the temerity to block me. If they're not part of Nigeria's problems, why can't they contact me and link me to people I can work with to challenge Nigerians to better their country?
Well as you all can now see since you were all too dumb to listen before the elections, no single individual can change this country. The problem with Nigeria is all the people - their agreed standards and way of life. I'm not an Ibo who's looking for the slightest justification to crucify Buhari. I'm what most Nigerians no longer are: a Nigerian who wishes for a better country because I know my fortunes are tied to it. It is called enlightened self-interest. Most people here only have parochial self-interest.
Just as Jonathan was never supposed to be president because he has almost no political philosophy or convictions, so also Buhari isn't supposed to be president because he's so old school and steeped in tribal and sectional considerations. They tell me, who then should be president? Are you that dumb? In 180 million people, you allow the Nigerian Mafia crooks to put two clueless people to choose from? Why didn't you affect the process before it culminated in these two people? I've tried my best. The powerful people and influential people have heard my voice; but they don't want to do anything about the system, trust me. ALL OF NIGERIA IS A JOKE! I can do nothing other than to laugh at you all whenever the dumb mods don't suspend me. Haha!

3 Likes

Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by Electroweb(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2016
Lets continue praying for our country. Na our own.
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by murmee: 11:29am On Aug 30, 2016
989900:
I've always maintained it is all about hoarding and racketeering -- everyone is doing it!!!

We import less fuel now, less rice, and other stuffs, even with oil @ $46-$50 though with less production from us, but with foreign remittances, total inflow (roughly $4b/month on the average) is still greater than outflow (roughly $2b/month) -- but, where are the dollars?!

The dollar shouldn't be trading at more than N220-N250 at the most, if you eliminate hoarding, round tripping, profiteering, and general racketeering.

The CBN either by fault or design or both, is always couple of steps behind thought-wise.

If all these is happening under Emefiele and Buhari, then they both are not fit to be governor, nor president respectively.

Actually, that'd imply they both are both curses and causes to the failed Naira, and system as a whole.

The simple interpretation is, no matter what gains we make economically, it will all be nulled/eroded by the complicity/complacency/ineptitude/cluelessness/greed/favouritism/wickedness of these 2 principal actors.

Very well said. I have always known that the CBN itself is the Headquarters of corruption in Nigeria. Just few weeks ago, I took my niece who just arrived Nigeria from the USA to one of the offices of the BDCs to change the dollars she brought. We were given very dirty and mutilated Naira notes in exchange for the crisps dollars my niece brought.

You don't need to be told that those Naira notes were the ones meant to be destroyed/burnt by CBN but the notes have managed to get to the hands of BDC agents! I even made my feelings known to the BDC agent and he more or less agreed with me. My people, is that not another form of round tripping?

The value of the Naira can never appreciate if the CBN is supplying cheap Naira notes to BDC agents who use the Nairas to buy Dollars from people. The Ministry of Finance need to beam It's searchlights on what is actually going on in CBN!

3 Likes

Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by NeduLuiZ(m): 11:31am On Aug 30, 2016
Brunel:

deliberate hoarding of foreign currencies
making it the worst performing currency globally
somebody please tell me what treason means again?

What some people don't realise is that no one can ever make our country great but ourselves.
In our own little ways we should shun corruption. don't give, don't take.
I will deny myself ill gotten wealth because I know it is the right way to live. My aim is not to be the richest man but to show to people that there are honest means to make it.
I dont know who you are but God bless you beyond your expectations
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by macphilip: 11:44am On Aug 30, 2016
At times I wonder if God is really watching over what is going on in this Country.
How can very few people be this wicked and evil to over millions of Nigerians
Yet God does not do anything to them

1 Like

Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by Reference(m): 11:53am On Aug 30, 2016
By 2019 everyone will be demystified.
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by Vickysnipe147(m): 12:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
it's obvious that Nigerian politicians saw someone desperate to become a president and put all their effort in making sure he gets his wish, they now use his administration to propagate all kinds of evil, undermining that the masses are suffering. all them politicians don't have our interest at heart... they are always after their pocket since 1960..
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by mashnino(m): 12:39pm On Aug 30, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

But it was GEJ fault the oil price drop, GEJ fault that the Governors(Not mine, representing the light of nation) took him to court to release the savings to pay workers? It was his fault he trusted a Dasuki to do his job? All the mess up for 10 years all GEJ fault, we know....

Like it or not.. GEJ has his own faults too

Stop talking about oil price drop that was unpredicted

That's why they said.. Make hay while the sun shines
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by mashnino(m): 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2016
AceRoyal:

Bro pls stop the subtle blame game.
I knw u are an avid supporter of PMB.
It's the present stupid economic policies by this government that's in question here.
kindly read the post thoroughly and argue intelligently.

It is not subtle.. I am blaming him and all his cohorts

And if buhari is making same mistake.. I will blame him too

I am a nigerian and it is fucking okay to say whatever is going on here in this economy is part Jonathan's fault.

So all this rubbish trying to shift all the blame to buhari is just you trying to be like the ardent APC supporters but just the reverse
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by Brunel(m): 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
NeduLuiZ:
I dont know who you are but God bless you beyond your expectations
Amen, I wish you the same
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by anonimi: 1:33pm On Aug 30, 2016
macphilip:
At times I wonder if God is really watching over what is going on in this Country.
How can very few people be this wicked and evil to over millions of Nigerians
Yet God does not do anything to them

God is obviously not in the habit of helping mentally lazy people.
How would you as a father feel that after so much money spent on educating and training a child, he grows up and still remains dependent on the father for everything.
Sad, not so
Let us activate and use our God-given brains to sort out our various challenges and issues.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/pcvhprupz53v0i2s3lqkiiftaebf16ps1287728[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by namelesss: 11:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
Realist2:

My brother , this where i missed Ngozi Okonji Iwela, the woman was always explaining the situation to Nigerians and give us hope, but never in this administration. Go to Aso Rock Villa, Housa Language has become official language, Buhari ra'nka dede cronies have hijacked the forex and the system, buhari,s chief of staff Abba Kyari has become so powerful that....
The country is so divided along religion, ethnical line, if you,re from other region apart from north , and you don't understand housa sorry for you.

quote author=gidjah post=48913753]Yes o, this government is not a talking one at all, so so dumb, can't even communicate with the people that brought her to power. Corruption chase that is one sided can't solve our economic problems. The presidency has problems with trust, I can seriously tell you he only trust his Hausa Fulani brothers. He doesn't even trusts his vice talk more of his southern ministers. So why should he allow them to advice him. But he is making a great mistake,no Aboki man can help this government with good economic growth policies, they are always concerned with sharing of the national cakes weather the economy is buoyant or not. It is the northern leadership that brought us deep in to this economic mess in the first place, all the past years of misrule, corrupt practices, tax evasions and what have you! this guys have damaged the economy OBJ tried to redeem (corrupt or not corrupt) [/quote]

If it were PDP, Nigerians will be here cursing them, they might even be staging protests by now... and if you look closely at this administration they are imposing all that pdp tried to advise us to adopt... i don't even know if this is a military rule or dictatorship...
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by Nobody: 6:53am On Aug 31, 2016
Electroweb:
Lets continue praying for our country. Na our own.
are u sure its our own or "their own" country?
how can he intervene when there's unprecedented dark hearts everywhere.
come to think of it those peep who did wrong, whom we pray for them to be punished are still standing "gidiba"!
the essence is peeps ought to start taking destiny in their hands.

how will this even be possible when all 99% of nigerians think about is to empty the treasury when they become president. very terrible orientation.

to survive now you gat to be close to "them" or know how to speak their "language"
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by KwoiZabo(m): 2:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:
Whilst Jonathan and his friends ran a subsidy fraud cartel , Buhari and his forex thieves are running a well oiled foreign exchange racketeering fraud cartel. Buhari has failed us all
you are a big fool for mentioning Jonathan here. Buhari is corrupt simple. Jonathan wanted to take out subsidy but you and your useless tinubu & bakare scattering the whole place. now you say Jonathan benefited from subsidy. idiot
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by PaulIdu: 2:25pm On Aug 31, 2016
KwoiZabo:
you are a big fool for mentioning Jonathan here. Buhari is corrupt simple. Jonathan wanted to take out subsidy but you and your useless tinubu & bakare scattering the whole place. now you say Jonathan benefited from subsidy. idiot

You made a point bro but you didn't need to insult me as did . Good afternoon
Re: We Buy Dollars From Government Officials — Bdcs by Image123(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2016
A major sacking shakeup of many CBN top guns and their governor is the step in the right direction.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Loses $3.3 Billion After Changing Facebook News Feed / Have You Mistakenly Credited A Bank Account Before? Share Your Experience / Traders Reject New Naira Notes In Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.