Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,628 members, 7,823,769 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos (1385 Views)

Reason Behind Wizkid-davido Fight At The One Africa Music Festival In Dubai / Wale & Wizkid Hit The Studio Again / "Meet The Young Nairalander Behind Wizkid's Trending Cartoon Craft" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
Wizkid is the real MVP at the moment, getting major collaborations and recognition across Africa, and beyond.

1. Clarence Peters

Clarence took Wizzy to the streets of Lagos to shoot the video of his monster hit ‘Ojuelegba’, which went on to be remixed by Drake and UK rapper, Skepta , as well as by Ghanaian rapper, Sarkodie.
Produced by Legendury Beatz , ‘Ojuelegba’ is the fifth track off Wizkid’s self-titled studio album, Ayo , released in September 2014.
Clarence, who’s arguably Nigeria’s biggest music video director, also shot the well received video of ‘Pakurumo’ off the 2011 Superstar album.

Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
2. Sesan Ogunro

Wizkid teamed up with Sesan for the video of ‘Baba Nla’.
In October 2013, Sesan, who had earlier been contracted to make a video for Davido ’s hit song ‘Skelewu’, fell out with the self-styled OBO (Omo Baba Olowo) after the video made for the song by Sesan was rejected Davido. Things got worse when the video leaked online.
They have since kissed and made up in September 2014 in New York City, but Sesan’s relationship with Wizkid has remained incomparable.

Season also directed Expensive Shit
‘Expensive Shit’ video was shot in South Africa.
With videos for ‘Jaiye Jaiye’ featuring Femi Kuti , ‘On Top Your Matter’, and ‘Sound it’ on the list, Sesan has never failed to impress.
Sarz was the producer of the song ‘Sound It’.
‘On Top Your Matter’ is off WizKid’s sophomore album ‘Ayo’, the video was shot in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
3. Moe Musa

Moe Musa, who eventually shot Davido’s preferred ‘Skelewu’ video after the outburst with Sesan, had his first-ever collaboration with Wizkid in 2013 for ‘Azonto’.
The video was shot in London and went on to get an award at the 2013 Channel 0 Music Video Awards .
He also directed Caro and Ginger videos featuring LAX.

Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 2:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
4. Soto Jose

He directed in my bed video.
The lo-quality, home video footage style video follows the Nigerian pop prince basking around Miami’s Intracoastal, where he spent his 24th birthday
on a yacht back in July.

5. Kemi Adetiba

Kemi Adetiba directed the ‘Tease Me’ video in 2011.
She is also responsible for ‘Dance Go’ featuring 2face Idibia and Wizkid, shot at the Koga Studios in Lagos.

Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
6. Patrick Ellis

Patrick Ellis shot Wizkid’s first-ever music video ‘Holla at you Boy’ in 2010. The video had cameos by Banky W , Skales and Ice Prince.
He’s also behind the video for ‘Show you the Money’ shot in Surulere, Lagos, and ‘Bombay’ which featured Phyno and was produced by Dokta Frabz.

Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 2:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
7. Genesis Lanre Lawanson

21-year-old Genesis shot the video for ‘Wonder’,

What video director’s work for Wizkid is your favourite?

Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
My favorite Directors are Sesan and Clarence Peters..
Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by Gabaleve(m): 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
Why my name nor dey dia na?
Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Gabaleve:
Why my name nor dey dia na?
How many videos did u direct for him??
Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by Gabaleve(m): 4:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
GoggleB:

How many videos did u direct for him??
if u dont add my name,ur post wont make fp....period
Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by dotuna3(m): 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2016
Director will soon ave names than the true celeb

Please who direct Fela videos?

The guy must also be on weed
Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2016
Gabaleve:
if u dont add my name,ur post wont make fp....period
Lol send me ur details
Re: Meet 7 Directors Behind Wizkid’s Hit Music Videos by GoggleB(m): 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
dotuna3:
Director will soon ave names than the true celeb

Please who direct Fela videos?

The guy must also be on weed
Ghanian weed..

(1) (Reply)

Facebook User Claimed Dead Decaying Mermaid Found On Their Local Beach - Photos / Actress Rita Edochie Claps Back At Followers Hating On Her Makeup / Tiwa Savage Flaunts New Bag Customised With Her Son's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.