Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! (3817 Views)

CBN's New Rules On ATM Operations In Nigeria / Money Ritual Theory. Is The Money Involved Printed By CBN? / CBN Revokes The Licenses Of Afribank, Spring Bank And Bank PHB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by coolguyz(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2009
CBN has officially axed the following bank MDs and replaced the management of the banks as follows -

Bank PHB

F. Atuche replaced by C. Chulwuma

Equitorial Trust Bank

Orachukwu replaced by G. Folayan

Spring bank plc

Charles Ojo replaced by S. Ayodele

about N200bn will be injected in the affected banks.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by asha80(m): 5:44pm On Oct 02, 2009
hehehe
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by OAM4J: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2009
finally.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by kokoA(m): 9:12pm On Oct 02, 2009
This Sanusi guy means buiseness ooo. Good! Enuogh of all these "one man" banks in Naija.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by bawomolo(m): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2009
kokoA:

This Sanusi guy means buiseness ooo. Good! Enuogh of all these "one man" banks in Naija.

sansusi is definitely in Gangsta mode
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by yeswecan(m): 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2009
Sanusi has crippled our financial sector. No more borrowing, funny enough business men all over the globe depend on bank funds. What happened in Nigeria is our own version of the economic crises, while Europe and America are busy bailing out the sectors, we are accusing our sector-movers of improper investment.

Bank holding back funds will definitely tell on our economy. How did Adenuga get his licence? Bank Loan. How did Jimoh Ibrahim get the funds to acquire NI ? Bank Loan. the list goes on and on.

while i don't support abuse of the system, i will also have to point out that Sanusi brought fear into the whole system.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 02, 2009
yawn yawn!
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by victor08(m): 10:46pm On Oct 02, 2009
This Sanusi of a man does know the effects of his actions on the economy and banking sector. Hasty and immediate decisions cripple the nation. He shouldn't forget that one day he will be out there. If he has a beef with this bank CEOs he should settle maturely, let him not cause another disaster with his actions. I commend him after all, but them some should be given a second chance.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by keta11(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2009
Kai, see Sanitization!!!

Mr. Sanusi, FYI ---> Your replacement MDs will turn out to be worse than the people you have just sacked. 2 years out, the corruption and mismanagement will still be there, i guarantee you.

We like deceiving ourselves in Nigeria too much!!!!
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by mekussa(m): 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2009
boring, what took him so long? cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by phraoh(m): 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2009
kokoA:

Wat do u exactly mean by enuff of d one man bank,in as much as i dnt gv a hoot abt all dat Sanusi is doin,u can still nt tk awae d fact dt some Tycoons like Adenuga etc riskd a great deal both financially and wit deir biz acumens 2 set up dis financial institutions.Dnt u fink dat honor shld b gvin 2 whom it is due n dat wat is 4 ceasar shld b due 2 ceasar.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by TalkLittle: 11:38pm On Oct 02, 2009
As regards ETB, don't really understand the hullabaloo about "corporate governance" when the bank is a limited liability company and not a Public Limited Liability company. Who does the board of directors answer to or give their stewardship to? Is it not the owners? Does this bank belong to the public? Why was Unity bank spared? This and many more should Sanusi tell us. What is he aiming at? Is he acting from the scripts? Only time would tell.
I feel the whole process is becoming prejudiced and biased. E go better!
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by phraoh(m): 11:46pm On Oct 02, 2009
TalkLittle:

As regards ETB, don't really understand the hullabaloo about "corporate governance" when the bank is a limited liability company and not a Public Limited Liability company. Who does the board of directors answer to or give their stewardship to? Is it not the owners? Does this bank belong to the public? Why was Unity bank spared? This and many more should Sanusi tell us. What is he aiming at? Is he acting from the scripts? Only time would tell.
I feel the whole process is becoming prejudiced and biased.  E go better! 

I cant rily sae biased or anyfin of such as i dnt knw wat is goin on wit all dis politickin in d air,bt i can sae dis 4 certain dat dey r clearly dissuadin hardworkin and ambitous young pple 4rm tryin to drim and act big.Wat is d essence, wen afta settin up sth,some pesin somwhere will axe u out n gv 2 anoda pesin.All ua toilin in vain, *****so sad*****
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by Kwajay(m): 12:14am On Oct 03, 2009
I am soo sorry dat sum pple jst hve d means 2 internet dats y dey hve 2 cum here & type anyting witout reason.
1. D banks affected are wema, equitorial, spring, phb & unity banks (where is d biasness in it if yaradua's family bank(phb) is also affected) pls lets b realistic & not being bias.
2. Sum pple kip talkin abt big investors like adenuga, jimoh & dangote etc. Wat makes dem soo special dat dey can borrow money 4rm d bank witout collateral? I tink we shld all go & take a look at d NDIC, BOFIA Acts to knw if wat sanusi is doin is rite or wrong. He is jst tryin 2 make our banks stronger in order 4 our economy 2 grow. Afterall he is not sacking d ceo's & replacing dem wit his brodas.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by chidexy(m): 12:28am On Oct 03, 2009
@ Kwejay, what do you mean by collateral? It could come in any form. If you operate an account with a bank that turns in enough money on a regular basis, that could serve as a collateral when borrowing. Same goes for borrowers who hold substantial shares in a bank.

From BBC account, the MD of Unity Bank (guess the only northerner among his peers) was spared because they "did not have sufficient capital but had enough to avoid being in a grave situation." - Tell that to a child
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:32am On Oct 03, 2009
Good move by Sanusi but why was Unity Bank not axed & given until mid 2010 to re-capitalize? Does it mean they were operating all these while without meeting the N25 billion criteria. I dey suspect something o.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by aieromon(m): 2:28am On Oct 03, 2009
Hmm,no axe for Unity Bank?
What's the next step in this your banking reforms,Sanusi
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by Tugbaski: 3:34am On Oct 03, 2009
Match on brova, match on,
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by Remii(m): 3:42am On Oct 03, 2009
I am tempted to believe that most people crying foul about on going exercise are either very young in age, so they still have time to work and make another money or they do not have enough stake in Nigeria financial sector. The fact is that something drastic needed to have taken place long before now. People have lost almost all their life savings in investment in Nigeria financial sector, particularly the pension funds lost almost 60% value in 2008/2009 with people either postponing their plan for early retirements or leaving with peanuts if the most go. Imagine contributing 10 - 20 % of your monthly salary and the cash disappears on delivery to fund managers. Imagine most stocks that soled PO at N17, N33, etc are all less than N4 now. All these because people entrusted with the money decided to go banana with the funds.

Given that investment is risk taken but those who run the companies too must have some sense of responsibility. That was lacking in the Nigeria banking sector going by current revelations.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by noblec1(m): 5:06am On Oct 03, 2009
Just praying that this does not work against the masses.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by MUZBO(m): 6:50am On Oct 03, 2009
This Sanusi guy na axe man when hin dey school. The guy fit sack people outside banking sector sef. Good work.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by santakris(m): 7:16am On Oct 03, 2009
Again!
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by Rooneyboy(m): 7:44am On Oct 03, 2009
I thought bank phb md wanted to be heady initially ?
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by Nezan(m): 10:28am On Oct 03, 2009
Let there be sanity in our banking system.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by MUNEER2(m): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2009
I hope say den no go sack micro finance bank ceos too.
lol!!!
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by Jarus(m): 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2009
TalkLittle:

As regards ETB, don't really understand the hullabaloo about "corporate governance" when the bank is a limited liability company and not a Public Limited Liability company. Who does the board of directors answer to or give their stewardship to? Is it not the owners? Does this bank belong to the public?

So the bank owners are the owners of the depositors' monies too? If the bank crashes, is it only the owners that will lose? What about the public that have billions there as deposits? CBN is responsible for safeguarding the depositors too.

I personally think ETB's problem is overbearing influence of one man.
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by rasputinn(m): 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2009
coolguyz:

Equitorial Trust Bank

Orachukwu replaced by G. Folayan

Ike Oraekwuotu
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by lawmanlala(m): 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2009
more harm than good
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by sartorius(m): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2009
NIgerians,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, look people it cant get much more worse than it already is, so we have to give sanusi support.how? spread positive news.cos at thje end of the day, the result of reforms at the end make things not as usual.fine he made some mistakes in the handling of the excerise, but i predict that the economy will bounce back,
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by TalkLittle: 7:21pm On Oct 03, 2009
Kwajay:

I am soo sorry dat sum pple jst hve d means 2 internet dats y dey hve 2 cum here & type anyting witout reason.
1. D banks affected are wema, equitorial, spring, phb & unity banks (where is d biasness in it if yaradua's family bank(phb) is also affected) pls lets b realistic & not being bias.
2. Sum pple kip talkin abt big investors like adenuga, jimoh & dangote etc. Wat makes dem soo special dat dey can borrow money 4rm d bank witout collateral? I tink we shld all go & take a look at d NDIC, BOFIA Acts to knw if wat sanusi is doin is rite or wrong. He is jst tryin 2 make our banks stronger in order 4 our economy 2 grow. Afterall he is not sacking d ceo's & replacing dem wit his brodas.
@Kwajay, Don't take it personal. Why don't u start up companies that would give our teeming unemployed youths means of livelihood? These men u've mentioned feeds millions of Nigerians and their families. Stop being a hater n u might be like them someday thru dint of hardwork. They've paid their dues. angry
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by tubbytubby(m): 8:31pm On Oct 03, 2009
well am enjoying my new job so much am happy i left that useless bank PHB
Do you all remember my thread and all the things i told you guys was going on in that useless bank.FA bit the fingers that fed him,at a point when the money got into his head too much ,he started to talk like GOD.am sure he never knew this could happen to him as he will never have merged FINACORP with BankPHB but now it is too late for him.

I hope he dies soon and his testtube babies die with him, he is so wicked and deserved nothing much from life.he cheats on his wife in front of her and buys cars for women with the bank's money.he chased mary B away and frustrated so many people out of their career in that bank and this is a real case of karma.him and other ED's have a lot of answers for EFCC as i hear those cheated out of the system like mary b and one man (cant remember his name),and so many other people have been submitting all sorts to efcc to nail him to pieces.Also for his loyalists,you people are the worst as some of you are the ones compiling the documents against your former boss.Well old friends always last,if this fool had stuck to aunty mary and not sacked her in shame after all she did for the bank with her "pulala" then he would maybe still be the MD

FA,a word for you is you are a big fool and 419er and your arrogant ways couldnt save you this time.Bastards never live.you better commit suicide,its better than for you to watch the government take a bank you built with your sweat from the beginning,only if you had listened.Over ambitiousness kills.The 2 billion you stole will be returned by force by the government.thief like you.

I wish you roast in hell with a heart attack just as you have made people that suffered with you cry and disgraced them out of the system
Re: Bank Phb, Spring Bank And Etb Mds & Eds Axed By Cbn - New Mds Appointed! by dasa: 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2009
Yeah, UNITY BANK is stronger than oceanic and intercontinental. you see how the whole agenda is opening up? i dont even know one person who has a untiy bank account. of course former bank of the north must survive. idiots, you guys fail at every thing u do. take over the banks you'll still run dem down.

come to think of it. in 4 months sanusi has released and spent over N700b.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best 10 Online Loan Lenders In Nigeria / Soapmaking(source Of Raw Materials In Lagos) / Startin A Printing Press Busines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.