Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators (23601 Views)

CBN Issues Guidelines For China-Nigeria Currency Swap Deal (Pics) / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / CBN Grants Providus Bank Licence To Operate As A Commercial Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by lamzybaby: 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has issued licence to more International Money Transfer Operators (IMTOs) to operate in Nigeria.

This is contained in a statement issued by Mr Isaac Okoroafor, the Acting Director, Corporate Communications of the apex bank, in Abuja on Tuesday.

Okoroafor said that the licensing was in furtherance of efforts to liberalise the Foreign Exchange Market, ensure liquidity and make foreign exchange more readily available to low-end users.

Read more: http://nigerianpilot.com/cbn-issues-licence-new-international-money-transfer-operators/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by helpsystem: 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2016
Very soon we go hear naira to appreciate if APC or PDP is voted in. Good people useless leaders

31 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by LoveMachine(m): 11:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
Atleast they are saying it's not gonna be worse.

4 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by speaktome(m): 1:05am On Aug 31, 2016
Wooooooow!

Promise fufilled!!!!

At Last $1=N1

Sorry....

I thought it was real... Didn't know i was dreaming grin grin grin

#MySignature#Mybusiness#

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by futurenix(m): 3:37am On Aug 31, 2016
*modif*

They were banned from operating on the 2nd of August except for moneygram, Western union and Ria.

Guess the test caused more harm than good.

What kind of leadership did we find ourselves in this 21st century still trial and error learning.

BTW has anyone observed the exchange rates in banks for online transaction is always an increment of 30 naira minimum with no option of the inclusive numbers between their current and previous rates.

Like leaving 300/310 to 330/350 without passing through other numbers in between like 311, 312, 313,...

Also left 330/350 to 370/380/ again with no 331, 332, 333,... or 351, 352, 353,...

From 370/380 to 400/400+

I really find this strange considering the naira is floating and bidding is done with such increase at a go.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by orisa37: 4:39am On Aug 31, 2016
Another way to corrupt the system. We don't want IMTOs. We want more Powers and better Recognition for DMBs and BDCs. Let all Foreign Currencies come into Nigeria through MDBs including CBN only and @ denominated rate. All Foreign Exchange sourcing for Exports, Travels etc must be through our newly empowered BDCs and MDBs. This is simple to operate once there are rules for daily, weekly and monthly Returns from BDCs to DMBs to CBN and FEC.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by orisa37: 4:50am On Aug 31, 2016
Dangote may start organizing himself to feature as MDB in 2020 when he shall be ready to sell Foreign Currencies to his Country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by chuose: 6:45am On Aug 31, 2016
[size=14pt]We are waiting for ₦1 = $1 as promised
When APC came to power see the price ₦216 = $1

Until ₦1 = $1, I no wan hear phim from APC & Buhari

[/size]

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by vesselchino(f): 6:46am On Aug 31, 2016
senseless leaders

5 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by Dotmanroy(m): 6:46am On Aug 31, 2016
Hopefully it yields a positive outcome
Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by niggi4life(m): 6:47am On Aug 31, 2016
shocked Abeg make e never appreciate ooooo.

E get Westy wey i wan collect on friday abeg.

I don dey follow western union by d day and d naira kept appreciating every hour. undecided

After this Friday e fit reach $1 to 1Naira.... Abeg CBN

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by Temitope223(m): 6:47am On Aug 31, 2016
Ok
Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 31, 2016
they are doing trial and error with our economy, the cluelessness in this government is overwhelming, smh!

17 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by BlackPeni5: 6:47am On Aug 31, 2016
Naija...the place where we only look to future for good news and not the present.

5 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by SuperBlack: 6:48am On Aug 31, 2016
Lord i'm most grateful to you for making me to see the begining and the glorious end of August. I'm joyful and thanksful. Nairalanders, have you thank God today?

17 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by IVORY2009(m): 6:48am On Aug 31, 2016
Naira would appreciate by issuing lincense to new money transfer coys, it will not, as far as someone still sits @ aso rock and controls the activities of the CBN it can not, and also unfavourable balance of payment coming frm import/export, dis is just a joke.

2 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 31, 2016
the patient was in the emergency room, her Chief surgeon was wasting precious minutes that could make a difference, scrutinizing academic records of doctors who will help revive her.

Another 6 month to authorize the needed drugs because it may have been padded.

Now that it appears the patient may no longer survive it, they are just trying anything including eenie meenie minie moe in hopes that the patient will survive.

maybe relocating the heart to the left leg will work, you never know.

What a shame.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by zebelle(f): 6:48am On Aug 31, 2016
For your natural hair growth follow my signature
Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by kgr8mike(m): 6:49am On Aug 31, 2016
CBN is so confused.

CBN in confusion since May 2015.

When the blind leads the destination will surely be uncertain. Yes uncertain CHANGE.

5 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by divide9ja: 6:49am On Aug 31, 2016
[size=16pt]This is what Buhari said

We are waiting
[/size] angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by ademoladeji(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2016
$1 = N1 is coming soon

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by Ekejoestar(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2016
K
Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by Banwod1st(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2016
Okay
Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by parzdor(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2016
M plus one nairalanders plz show some love n shower me with likes

9 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by JonSnow(m): 6:50am On Aug 31, 2016
To appreciate by how much? 50kobo? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by free2ryhme: 6:51am On Aug 31, 2016
story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by ichidodo: 6:52am On Aug 31, 2016
Which time and for how long? Jokers...

1 Like

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by free2ryhme: 6:52am On Aug 31, 2016
when you hear appreciate only to find out say na by 30kobo e take appreciate grin

4 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by nkhay(f): 6:52am On Aug 31, 2016
zebelle:
For your natural hair growth follow my signature

My dear na only you I see

1 Like

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by 989900: 6:52am On Aug 31, 2016
chuose:
[size=14pt]We are waiting for ₦1 = $1 as promised
When APC came to power see the price ₦216 = $1

Until ₦1 = $1, I no wan hear phim from APC & Buhari

[/size]

We need to get a thousand of those campaign banners, and line them up along the way up to the entrance of Aso villa.

16 Likes

Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 31, 2016
okay
Re: Naira To Appreciate As CBN Issues Licence To New Intn.l Money Transfer Operators by ipledge10(m): 6:54am On Aug 31, 2016
Sorry I lost interest already...my hope was high when I heard about systematic devaluation of naira (floating), I thought that would bring a solution, but that one even have more damage than good.

They should just do something, not making news every week

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN To Banks: Sell Forex To BDCs - Nairametrics / CBN Launches Its Own Debit Card / Yamaha Begins Manufacturing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.