Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

To All University Aspirant And Fresh Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / To All University Aspirant And Fresh Student (862 Views)

5 Ways You Can Avoid Carryovers As A Fresh Student / Kogi State University Aspirant Forum.(ksu Forum) / Ojegbemi Joshua A Fresh Student Of Oau Passed Away This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To All University Aspirant And Fresh Student by donfarad(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2016
THE MIDDLE PAGE

Barely looking at the caption “The Middle Page”, many would be in a state of total confusion, but don’t panic, it’s just refers to a point in your life where making a decision is very paramount, thereby placing you in a state of dilemma.
By nature, God gave us the power of choice which stands as the pre-requisite of how successful or how the tomorrow (future) we hope or long for would be. Many young people today have been enthusiastic about being admitted into higher institution. You know, that sounds great; a positive one any youth would embrace and a wonderful enthusiasm.

Getting admitted into tertiary institution is a good thing but it is just a phase of the coin (i.e. the means to an end) while the productive nature in you after graduation is the other phase (i.e. the end means).

The problem is not just getting admitted but lies on the course of study chosen (decision made) as an academic aspirant. Many today have chosen to study a particular course as a discipline because of one of the following reasons.
• Their friends aspire for or are currently studying such a course.
• Their parent is a practitioner of that course.
• The swag portrayed by the course as many youth saw it today.
• The money earned by practitioners of such courses. e.t.c.

They fail to understand where their loop hole (weakness) lies due to lack of orientation towards their expected domain or decision made. This is because The Middle Page has failed in its bearing (i.e. failed to be directed positively).

Am making too much emphasis on the area of academics because it has been affected badly based on the choice of course chosen by aspirants or entry level students who in one way or the other were not oriented and to admissions department of our tertiary institution today as concerning the courses allocated to entry level students due to the failure in obtaining the proposed cut-off mark for their choice of course.

There are courses whose practical knowledge is most inevitable, that is to say; the technical/practical know-how cannot be overemphasized. Before choosing such courses, one has to check whether he or she has the practical knowledge or passion for it. I have encountered so many cases, but this one will either shock you or give your middle page the expected route.

A girl walks up to me for help and I asked her please how may I help you? She replied please can you type curriculum vitae (normally known as CV or Resume) for me? Without hesitation I replied positively. While I was typing the CV for her, I noticed that she was a fresh graduate like I was then and her degree displays B.Tech in computer science. With the caption of her degree, I gained interest in having a brief with her. I asked her why she could not do the typing herself and the replied I got from her placed me in a war front. She said “I don’t know how to format a document after typing”. Horrible right? But not a laughing stock at all neither it is an atmosphere for mockery. To cut the long story short, I did what she requested of me and sent the soft copy of the CV to her flash. After three (3) weeks, we accidentally met and was discussing about our last meeting and how it went, she told me that she lost the job because she was unable to use some office application like Microsoft Word (MS-Word) and Microsoft Excel (MS-Excel) effectively. I felt for her because she needed this job to help herself while still waiting for the then frustrating National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) camping exercise. I encouraged her and we departed. What I am trying to point out here is that during our discussion she made it known to me that it was not her interest to read computer science but the choice of her dad, but I could not ask her why due to her emotional state at the moment.

At this point I put to you all reading this article to focus more on your need than to your want. The reason is; nobody is made perfect but once we can differentiate our needs from our wants, then success would not be far-fetch. To the best of my knowledge as regards our area of discussion, “need is a single and positive direction towards and achievement while want is of multiple directions causing limitations towards an achievement”.

To this end great people, you can do it, know what you want and have passion for, be consistent in it, increase your proficiency on that which you are into and finally update yourself as your domain gets updated.

I quote, “Every success or failure attained today is as a result of the decision made at The Middle Page”. Finally your Middle Page demands careful decision.
http://fidwell..com.ng/2016/07/the-middle-page_71.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Desopadec Bursary Scam Alert / Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? / Look At How The Governor Of Oyo State Bullied Lautech Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.