Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

How I Got A Call From Davido The Day I Quit My Bank Job – Mayorkun Reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How I Got A Call From Davido The Day I Quit My Bank Job – Mayorkun Reveals (1499 Views)

Chioma Looks Like Jackie Appiah? - Davido's The Chef Chi Agrees / Mayorkun Reveals Reason Why He Is Not Dating Anyone / Mr Eazi: "I Quit My N2Million Per Month Job For Music" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Got A Call From Davido The Day I Quit My Bank Job – Mayorkun Reveals by oladipo322(m): 10:03am On Aug 31, 2016
Since releasing his breakthrough single, Eleko, Mayorkun has witnessed a rapid rise to fame.

However, not many have explored the story behind the Davido Music Worldwide (DMW) star’s journey to fame especially how he was signed by one of Nigeria’s biggest music export – Davido.

In recent interview with YNaija, Mayorkun explained he had just quit his job at the bank following an offer from another one when he got the call from Davido – who had discovered him from an Instagram video he had done of a piano cover of the Sony Music star’s song – The Money featuring Olamide.

He said,

“I was planning on moving to another bank because i didn’t like this one because the pay was not just it. The other bank was offering more so i was planning on going there. The day i wrote my resignation letter, was the day i got a call from him (Davido).”

In the course of the interview, the DMW singer talked about his dislike for acting even though his mum, Toyin Adewale is a popular Nollywood actress and the musical genes that runs in his family.

Re: How I Got A Call From Davido The Day I Quit My Bank Job – Mayorkun Reveals by Pierocash(m): 10:07am On Aug 31, 2016
non of my business
Re: How I Got A Call From Davido The Day I Quit My Bank Job – Mayorkun Reveals by geostrata(m): 10:09am On Aug 31, 2016
cheesy
Re: How I Got A Call From Davido The Day I Quit My Bank Job – Mayorkun Reveals by cruzita(f): 10:14am On Aug 31, 2016
that means davido na your own TY bello

your blessings don ripe
Re: How I Got A Call From Davido The Day I Quit My Bank Job – Mayorkun Reveals by ReorxTohGan(m): 10:40am On Aug 31, 2016
A Banker At The Age Of 21-22..Should We Call U Brainy Or Mr.Connectivity

1 Like

Re: How I Got A Call From Davido The Day I Quit My Bank Job – Mayorkun Reveals by Berbierklaus(f): 11:02am On Aug 31, 2016
grin
Re: How I Got A Call From Davido The Day I Quit My Bank Job – Mayorkun Reveals by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2016
ReorxTohGan:
A Banker At The Age Of 21-22..Should We Call U Brainy Or Mr.Connectivity
Hahaha.

(1) (Reply)

Pyhno And 2baba Dapper In These New Photo / IT’S OFFICIAL: Nicki Dumped Meek, Dines With Jay And Bey While Meek Cries On IG / Waitress Receives A Giant $3000 Tip, You Need To See The Condition To Cash It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.