Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,050 members, 7,849,249 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Jidenna Singer Talks Nigerian Roots, Wizkid Recording, Afrobeats In An Interview - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jidenna Singer Talks Nigerian Roots, Wizkid Recording, Afrobeats In An Interview (516 Views)

Wizkid Becomes The Most Streamed Afrobeats Artiste On Spotify / Wizkid Recording Artist Mr Eazi Freestyling & Rocking With Sexy Lady In Studio ( / Seyi Law At Arin's Angels May Day Afrobeats Concert In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jidenna Singer Talks Nigerian Roots, Wizkid Recording, Afrobeats In An Interview by Mxclusive(m): 10:14am On Aug 31, 2016
In the interview conducted during his current visit to Lagos, Jidenna spoke about his love for Nigeria, working with Wizkid and how much love he gets in return from his birth country. Nigerian born American pop singer, Jidenna, in an exclusive interview with Pulse Nigeria has addressed a number of issues relating to him, Afrobeats, and the Nigerian music industry.

In the interview conducted during his current visit to Lagos, Jidenna spoke about his love for Nigeria, working with Wizkid and how much love he gets in return from his birth country.
Speaking on the same day of his arrival in Lagos at a hotel, the Grammy nominated singer said that coming back home is a special feeling, but this one is different due to all the cameras and activities that surround his homecoming.
“I haven’t been back while the cameras are here, so it’s cool,” he says. “It’s great. I dey like I no dey. I think the biggest thing for me is just being back. Each time I come back to Lagos, I get to see the new developments, the new malls, the new spots, so I’m excited to go out and just be around.”

Jidenna further disclosed his happiness at being able to bring his music to Lagos and Enugu, where he will be performing unheard tracks from his forthcoming album “Chief Don’t Run”.

“My dad when I was younger told me that if I was gonna do music, then I had to make sure that it was something that meant something to the whole world, and definitely to Nigeria and America; the two place that I am from. So to come back and be able to showcase the music here, and really give some exclusive peeks into records that no one else has heard, I think he will be proud of that he were still alive.”

See photos and More News: http://mxclusive.com.ng/2016/08/31/jidenna-singer-talks-nigerian-roots-wizkid-recording-afrobeats-in-exclusive-interview/
Re: Jidenna Singer Talks Nigerian Roots, Wizkid Recording, Afrobeats In An Interview by cruzita(f): 10:18am On Aug 31, 2016
thank God u are proud of this country

(1) (Reply)

Bobby Shmurda Accepts Plea! Will Serve 7 Years In Prison / Photos Of Miss Ambassador For Peace 2016 Contestants In Traditional Costumes / Comedia BOVI Was Robbed In A Plane!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.