Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,266 members, 7,849,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nnamdi Okonkwo's Impact On The Fidelity Bank Growth - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nnamdi Okonkwo's Impact On The Fidelity Bank Growth (654 Views)

Fidelity Bank Raises International Spend Limit On Naira Cards / Nnamdi Okonkwo Reinstated, Resumes As Fidelity Bank MD / Fidelity Bank Appoints Mohammed Balarabe As Acting Managing Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Okonkwo's Impact On The Fidelity Bank Growth by pipiko: 3:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nnamdi Okonkwo: One can simply not make a list of the best banks in Nigeria without mentioning the prestigious Fidelity Bank Nigeria.

Fidelity bank has over time proved to be a customer oriented bank which strikes a balance between fantastic customer service and professional/ethical banking practices, and of late, especially with the bank’s rebranding, it seems to have taken even a higher edge in the banking industry with amazing corporate social responsibility initiatives.

A lot of Fidelity Bank’s recent transformations can however be credited to its MD, Mr Nnamdi Okonkwo, who has shown commitment to taking the bank to even greater heights.

Nnamdi Okonkwo who has been in the banking business for over 24 years can be described as a man with passion for professional excellence and growth; these traits are evident in his unwavering support for economic development through public-private partnerships and investments in local businesses.

When asked recently what he would like to be remembered for, the MD of Fidelity Bank had this to say:

“I would like to be remembered as this person who initially didn’t think he would come to banking, but did and not only got to the peak of the career, but above all, was able to impact lives and also groom other people who ended up travelling same road and achieving even more than I have. I would be happy if when I am retired, someone meets my son Joshua and says, “your dad mentored me in banking and I made a success of it..

“I would like to be remembered as a CEO that didn’t disappoint his predecessors but instead took the bank to a greater height than where they left it and also set the stage for whoever is taking over from me to do better.”

Mr Okonkwo seems to be striving towards this fantastic dream as one fact a lot of people can’t deny is that Fidelity Bank remains one of the few banks that have so far protected the jobs of their members of staff in this period of mass sacking in the banking industries, brought in by the wavering economy; his management seems to have put a mechanism in place to ensure Fidelity Bank lives up to its name and keeps faith with their staff at a time other banks are inadvertently making their employees pay for the economic crisis Nigeria is facing.

As the country is going through a tough phase in its history, there is a silver lining for the customers and staff of Fidelity Bank as it has shown undeniable signs of remaining strong and reliable in turbulent times.

It is also pertinent to note that while Fidelity Bank focuses on solidifying the trust of customers and empowering its employees, the bank also strives towards strengthening the Nigerian economy and enriching the society through developmental initiatives.

Indeed it can be said that Fidelity Bank is a model bank creating a pattern that every other bank should follow in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Sam Ayilara And His Enjoynaija Website / Youtube Money Spinner--road Less Travelled. / 5 Clever Ways To Avoid ATM Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.