Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,306 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos (4626 Views)

Mobile Money From Diamond Yellow Account/mtn Partnership-how To Open / Shoprite To Open Another Store In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by taipei: 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2009
Plz i want you guys to give me advise on establishing a Chinese training school/institute in Nigeria.
How successful this investment could be in Nigeria, like in Abuja or Lagos? Plz just ur ideas, can Nigerians accept learning Chinese language?
If u know any government website that have information about establishing a foreign language school in Nigeria plz pass it to me, thanks my brothers, abeg make una no vex say i wan bring chinese language for Niger,
email me any good info plz on king5690@gmail.com .

1 Like

Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by Fhemmmy: 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2009
I stand to be corrected, i am not sure if Nigerians will be willing to pay for such service, but like i said, i cld be wrong, so i would advice to use the money you will use to rent the space and computer and software to invest into other biz.
That is just my 2 cent and i stand to be corrected.
However, good luck
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by abhosts(m): 8:39pm On Oct 04, 2009
Pursue your dream and don't listen to negative minded people. With the pace at which china is growing, they will soon dethrone the US as the worlds economic power house. Your idea is a good one and your language school could even receive some form of support from the chinese government when it starts to gain reputation.
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by Uchek(m): 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2009
I concur with abhosts. Go ahead. You idea is great and destined to success regardless of the challenges it will face. I read an article in a US paper where the author,a business journalist, recommended 3 things for anyone who desires to be relevant in the 21st century:

[list]
[li]First, start your own business[/li]
[li]Second, learn Chinese[/li]
[li]Third,  l can't remember[/li]
[/list]

People will say it won't work, not because some of them do not wish you well but because it is naturally difficult to envision the future.

If we had a responsible government, they ought to have come out now with a national Chinese language policy encouraging Nigerians to learn Chinese as a strategy of making the country globally competitive. Americans, despite the fact they're global economic leaders, are learning Chinese at a frenetic pace

1 Like

Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by lagosbloga: 6:35am On Oct 05, 2009
@ Uchek and abhosts

Don't misrepresent another person's views, he only said I don't think people will be willing to pay besides he says he stands to be corrected meaning that he isn't negatively minded nor has he said the business will fail.

@ Poster,

Personally both places are ideal places to start something of that kind considering that they have a number of highbrow towns and cities with folks who would want to learn as many international languages as possible (not forgetting that chinese is one of the official languages of the United Nations).

I'll advise you to choose prestigious private schools especially secondary schools where extra curricular activities are considered a very important aspect of student mind and social development. Offer your programme as a weekly or bi-weekly activity which the parents interested in will pay say N 8000 per term. If you can sign up 5 schools with enrolment of 30 students per school then we are talking N 1.2 million a term or N 400,000 a month.

Do some research yourself in order to verify my claims.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by sonety2k(m): 8:56am On Oct 05, 2009
lagosbloga:

@ Uchek and abhosts

Don't misrepresent another person's views, he only said I don't think people will be willing to pay besides he says he stands to be corrected meaning that he isn't negatively minded nor has he said the business will fail.

@ Poster,

Personally both places are ideal places to start something of that kind considering that they have a number of highbrow towns and cities with folks who would want to learn as many international languages as possible (not forgetting that chinese is one of the official languages of the United Nations).

I'll advise you to choose prestigious private schools especially secondary schools where extra curricular activities are considered a very important aspect of student mind and social development. Offer your programme as a weekly or bi-weekly activity which the parents interested in will pay say N 8000 per term. If you can sign up 5 schools with enrolment of 30 students per school then we are talking N 1.2 million a term or N 400,000 a month.

Good luck

I second you
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by phuckNL: 9:08am On Oct 05, 2009
taipei:

Plz i want you guys to give me advise on establishing a Chinese training school/institute in Nigeria.
How successful this investment could be in Nigeria, like in Abuja or Lagos? Plz just your ideas, can Nigerians accept learning Chinese language?
If u know any government website that have information about establishing a foreign language school in Nigeria plz pass it to me, thanks my brothers, abeg make una no vex say i wan bring chinese language for Niger,

Are you phucking kidding? Who in their right mind will pay to learn mandarin or whatever. (Since you are chinese, you should know there is no such thing as "chinese" just as we do not have "nigerian" as a language)
Nigerians are not even ready to learn French that is free in schools. French is even more appealing and widely accepted.
Where in the world would mandarin or any other language from china be beneficial to anyone except china?
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by taipei: 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2009
Hey Guys thanks for your ideas, iam not really against anyone's ideas and comments,i really appreciate that, Besides iam not a Chinese ,iam a Nigerian,but my wife is from Taiwan and works in the university teaching foreigners Chinese, So i was savouring the idea of setting up one Chinese langage school in Nigeria.
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by davidif: 12:05am On Oct 06, 2009
taipei, don't listen to this people jare, DON'T EVER LET ANYBODY TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING.
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by phuckNL: 6:07am On Oct 06, 2009
davidif:

taipei, don't listen to this people jare, DON'T EVER LET ANYBODY TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

Here we go with sentiments again. Ogini?
It is called feasibility studies. Ya digg. The mandarin and other chinese languages are not beneficial to anyone in Nigeria so why will Nigerians pay to learn it.
Aside from the Ibos that do import businesses in china, i don't think anyone in Nigeria really cares about the language.
French and spanish wey dey more appealing, people no pay for, na mandarin dem go dey pay for?
No sentiments abeg. @ Poster, don't waste your time juh.
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by lagosbloga: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2009
phuck_NL:

Here we go with sentiments again. Ogini?
It is called feasibility studies. Ya digg. The mandarin and other chinese languages are not beneficial to anyone in Nigeria so why will Nigerians pay to learn it.
Aside from the Ibos that do import businesses in china, i don't think anyone in Nigeria really cares about the language.
French and spanish wey dey more appealing, people no pay for, na mandarin dem go dey pay for?
No sentiments abeg. @ Poster, don't waste your time juh.

At least that is your opinion
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by ifyalways(f): 1:35pm On Oct 06, 2009
I would say Dont do this as it does not look like its worth the stress.With the rate of problems most Nigerians encounter in China,who would waste his time studying Mandarin?
biz men going to China,do they need to learn/speak the language b4 they can transact biz succesfully . . .NO
IS china a tourist center? . . .NO
How many Nigerian students go to china for futher studies? . . . undecided
calculate and be sure of what u want to go into,French is a better option.IMO but if u still want to do it ;
lagosbloga:

@ Uchek and abhosts

@ Poster,

Good luck
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by steaming(f): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2009
u r entitled to your dreams, take your dreams and fly with it, dont look at it just for today, where do you think your school would be 5-10 yrs time, statr your business dear.

the language is not meant for all Nigerians, those interested in learning it wud definetely come to the school.

French schools abound and more are still coming up, yet not all Nigerians want to learn french, but they still have students coming to register, those that want to learn french.

so dear no matter how hard it seems at start-up, go ahead! u wud succeed if u r focused.

BOTTOMLINE: IT IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY, BUT THE PEOPLE IT IS MEANT FOR WOULD DEFINITELY COME TO THE SCHOOL.

good luck!
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by phuckNL: 10:14am On Oct 08, 2009
You guys should stop being ridiculous. NOBODY wants to learn MANDARIN. Aside from the fact that it is a difficult language, it lacks social acceptance.
No sentiments need be added. Yes anyone can dream and aspire to start any business or idea, this is not one of them.
This is like dropping a coiin in Unilag lagoon. Before you venture, ask yourself this : What will NIGERIANS use the language for. If you can find an answer to that, go ahead and open 2 million centres over naija.
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by Fhemmmy: 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2009
What even surprises me about this thread is this.
I think there is a need for a poll asking how many of those that are telling the dude to spend his money to invest in such business will actually pay to enroll in the so called school.
How many of the people will actually pay to learn Mandarin among those that has responded and pumping him to continue?
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by LordReed(m): 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2009
I for one would love to pay to learn Chinese/Mandarin. There are loads of people who already pay to learn French in private tutoring schools.
As someone already mentioned those who want it will go for it. The only thing is that he will have to do some good marketing/information dissemination. He should note that start up will be slow as people try to get into the follow of it but the potential for growth is high. Everyone knows that doing business with someone you can speak n read his language is very much desirable besides we have a foreign service and other diplomatic missions who would be advantaged by learn to speak Chinese/Mandarin.
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by malchy(m): 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2011
dear Taipei. i am personally interested to learn chinese language. i reside in abuja. pls is there a way you can arrange a private training for me. just give me the figures. inbox me if you get this. i have been searching for this
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by classy013: 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2011
That sounds interesting though. I am a Nigerian but very fluent in Chinese. You can reach me on telephone by calling this number 080-7469-9630.
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by irisblui: 3:28pm On May 04, 2013
Hey Tapei! Hw far av u gone wit ur training skull. Its bin 4 yrs since u last wrote dat post. Luv to learn chinese. I stay in lagos. Bin searching d internet for a training skull.
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by irisblui: 3:30pm On May 04, 2013
taipei: Plz i want you guys to give me advise on establishing a Chinese training school/institute in Nigeria.
How successful this investment could be in Nigeria, like in Abuja or Lagos? Plz just ur ideas, can Nigerians accept learning Chinese language?

Hey Tapei! Hw far av u gone wit ur training skull. Its bin 4 yrs since u last wrote dat post. Luv to learn chinese. I stay in lagos. Bin searching d internet for a training skull.
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by puntersmind: 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
This thread is about 4 years old. Some of you guys are totally wrong by believing they aren't persons who are interested in learning Chinese language. I saw this post because I was searching for a center to learn Chinese language in Abuja. I am currently leaning French at the Institute in Abuja. My friend is even keener than I am in learning Chinese language. @Poster, did you finally start the center?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ok smiley
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by PAO429: 11:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
even till date ...learning chinese is a big ambition for many..i am determined to learn both french and chinese
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by OgahCHARLES(m): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2016
taipei:

been looking for where to learn chinese lang in abuja

1 Like

Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by vtino13(m): 4:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
LACLIC SERVICES (Language Clinic)
Is an organization dedicated in the promotion of foreign and local languages in Nigeria.
We offer offline and online courses in French, English, Spanish, German, Hindi, Chinese, Arabic, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa.
We have about 13 centers in Lagos with the Head Office at 2nd Floor Dicon Tower, 16 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.
We are also located in IMO state(Owerri), Anambra(Onitsha), Enugu(Enugu), Rivers State(Port-Harcourt), FCT(Abuja).
We conduct online contest in Accra (Ghana), Johannesburg (South Africa), Hong Kong(China).
We have radio and television programs as well as multilingual newspapers to aid our learning process.
We organize excursions in Africa (Cameroon, Senegal) and Europe (Belgium, Germany, France).
We also organize an international cultural event. THE GOLDEN HEROES CUP (28th July to 5th of August yearly).
We also do translation in all the languages we offer.
Visit www.laclicservices.com to enroll today.
Contact no: 08130551118, 08140933480.
Email: bofedeakpos@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Open A Chinese Language Training School In Abuja Or Lagos by hermosa(f): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
Hello everyone!
I know this post is really old but I thought I should contribute.
My name is Aita Laoshi and i am a Chinese teacher! I have 5 years experience teaching Chinese language to children and adults in Abuja. For more information you can email me at Marietta dot okoedion at gmail dot com

(1) (Reply)

Delivery Truck And Bus For Hire (lagos Only) / Any Idea ? (importation Of Perfume, Deodorant And Other Body Products) / I Need A Legitimate Whoolesale Contact In Lagos Trade Fair/ Lagos Island Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.