Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,705 members, 7,820,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Query. What Could Really Cause A Car To Consume Much Fuel?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Query. What Could Really Cause A Car To Consume Much Fuel?? (720 Views)

Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This / Reasons Why Your Car Consume Much Fuel / Does A Car Consume More Fuel When The AC Is On HI Than On LO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Query. What Could Really Cause A Car To Consume Much Fuel?? by captainking(m): 11:58am On Sep 01, 2016
Hii house. I observed my car consumes much fuel than normal.. It's Honda Accord Babyboy 2000.. V4.....i bought it from a friend who 4 months ago.. And he bought it tokumbo last year..this my friend barely drives the car hence he sold it to me that drives it... Cos I went with him to inspect the car.. So I observed it's a drinker.. So.. I took it to the Kazeems at mechanic village trade fair.. And one panel beater said there's no catalyst.. So.. Guys.. What could be the issue..??. Cc:Gazzuzz, kingreign, honmusa, sienna, and other car gurus. Pls Come and proper advice...
Thanks ya all
Re: Query. What Could Really Cause A Car To Consume Much Fuel?? by kingreign(m): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
captainking:
Hii house. I observed my car consumes much fuel than normal.. It's Honda Accord Babyboy 2000.. V4.....i bought it from a friend who 4 months ago.. And he bought it tokumbo last year..this my friend barely drives the car hence he sold it to me that drives it... Cos I went with him to inspect the car.. So I observed it's a drinker.. So.. I took it to the Kazeems at mechanic village trade fair.. And one panel beater said there's no catalyst.. So.. Guys.. What could be the issue..??. Cc:Gazzuzz, kingreign, honmusa, sienna, and other car gurus. Pls Come and proper advice...
Thanks ya all

Are any of these lights illuminated on your dashboard?

2 Likes

Re: Query. What Could Really Cause A Car To Consume Much Fuel?? by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Query. What Could Really Cause A Car To Consume Much Fuel?? by honmusa(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2016
captainking:
Thanks ya all
Open loop condition :faulty fuel management components.
eg o2 sensor, thermostat,
Poor ignition system and bad compression :Poor spark from spark plugs and poor compression as result of worn piston rings
Leaking air intake system or blocked air intake.
Etc etc
Take your car for general and comprehensive diagnosis and avoid Kazeem that throw parts to resolve problems
call autologic @08061166316 if you are in Lagos for accurate autodiagnosis

1 Like

Re: Query. What Could Really Cause A Car To Consume Much Fuel?? by captainking(m): 3:11pm On Sep 01, 2016
kingreign:

Are any of these lights illuminated on your dashboard?
yes.. Check engine light.. Shows.
Re: Query. What Could Really Cause A Car To Consume Much Fuel?? by captainking(m): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
honmusa:

Open loop condition :faulty fuel management components.
eg o2 sensor, thermostat,
Poor ignition system and bad compression :Poor spark from spark plugs and poor compression as result of worn piston rings
Leaking air intake system or blocked air intake.
Etc etc
Take your car for general and comprehensive diagnosis and avoid Kazeem that throw parts to resolve problems
call autologic @08061166316 if you are in Lagos for accurate autodiagnosis
thanks a lot..

(1) (Reply)

Honda Auto Mechanic Engineer / Honda Accord 2009 Aka Evil Spirit For Sale / Massive Accident At Toll Gate, Close To Berger. Road Blocked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.