Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

South African Study Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Study Visa (2874 Views)

Getting South African Study Permit In Nigeria? / What Is The Requirements Of South African Study Visa To Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South African Study Visa by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2009
Please guys,i want to travel to south africa for studies,i will like to understand if there are differences between south African student visa and south African study permit.

secondly,what is the requirements or documents needed for south african student visa at the south African Embassy in Lagos state.

thanks all for contributions. smiley
Re: South African Study Visa by debouy: 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2009
Study permit is also Student visa. "Permits" are commonly used in Commonwealth countries to denote this.
Upon securing admission into any educational institution in SA, you are expected to submit:
Admission Letter
Evidence of accommodation arrangement
In some cases (payment towards your tuition/studies at the institution)
N110,000 Repatriation deposit (Returnable upon completion of studies)
Bank statements and other documents
Educational documens (such as WAEC ETC)
Medical insurance in SA (Very Compulsory) It's best to pay for this in SA and not use the embassy recommended clinic around Herbert Macaulay (YABA) as they are expensive.
Lastly, documents to prove you will return to Nigeria upon completion of studies.

I hope this helps?

Goodluck in your quest
Re: South African Study Visa by ikevic: 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2009
thanks so much debouy,i appreciate a million times but i need to understand how repatriation fees is payed.

secondly,can i used by own corporate account as a bank statement since i dont have an individual current account,and i am the one sponsoring myself.thanks a lot as i hear again from youm
Re: South African Study Visa by smile4kenn(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2009
debouy:

N110,000 Repatriation deposit (Returnable upon completion of studies)

This is funny,
Re: South African Study Visa by debouy: 6:34pm On Oct 06, 2009
Yes, you can use your own bank statements as evidence since you are sponsoring yourself which is not a sin. The repatriation fees is paid at the embassy visa your debit/bank ATM cards.u will simply need to load N110,000 and additional N8.600 as application fees on that card, and it will be deducted from your account via the card with you on a POS. please ensure you get a receipt for this.
bear in mind that Thursdays are the only day set aside for students applications unless they have changed the system

Goodluck once again.
Re: South African Study Visa by donsoze: 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2010
Please i am trying to apply for a student visa to SA.

I understand that i need medical insurance, How do i go about acquiring and paying for this in SA??
Re: South African Study Visa by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 27, 2010
i think you should google this out at.
Re: South African Study Visa by seemples(f): 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=locodemy post=4660835]

/quote]
Sir please I sent you a mail

Kindly respond
Re: South African Study Visa by EkperemoEgbabi: 4:59am On Nov 02, 2019
@locodemy

Its like you want to kpeme?

Re: South African Study Visa by ayomide8990(m): 11:02am On Nov 02, 2019
How much is tuition for Undergraduate degree

(1) (Reply)

Get A Denmark Greencard Visa And Secure Entry Into Other 26 Countries In Europe / . / The Better Route From Lagos To Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.