Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,004 members, 7,849,054 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery (1246 Views)

Need People Who Are Into Catfish Smoking And Packaging / Before You Venture Into Piggery, Read This!!! / Catfish Hatchery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by Davisonrex: 8:32pm On Sep 01, 2016
Hello, my name is Davison, i want to venture into catfish fingerlings production and also the table size. I have done intensive research and thorough training, i have a location to do my hatchery but i lack the funds. From my calculations all i need to do this is just 100k to put the necessary things in place and buy my broodstock.
I am here looking for support, all the banks want gaurantors and collateral to give out loan, to get the govt loan is hectic and almost inaccessible, please nairalanders make my agricultural dream come true, contact me on 08137634213.
Thank you
Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by youngzoologist: 10:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
I will advise you ask friends and families, surf the internet for grant opportunities and much more engage in internship in a farm to practically test what you've learnt....you may be lucky to raise that little amount from the production on such farm based on some agreement.,,...add value to get value.... Best of luck

1 Like

Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by MrPristine: 5:38am On Sep 02, 2016
Davisonrex:
Hello, my name is Davison, i want to venture into catfish fingerlings production and also the table size. I have done intensive research and thorough training, i have a location to do my hatchery but i lack the funds. From my calculations all i need to do this is just 100k to put the necessary things in place and buy my broodstock.
I am here looking for support, all the banks want gaurantors and collateral to give out loan, to get the govt loan is hectic and almost inaccessible, please nairalanders make my agricultural dream come true, contact me on 08137634213.
Thank you

Where are you based? Starting a successful cat fish hatchery goes beyond just being trained, you also need to garner some experience before you can do it successfully else you will end up losing money.
Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by fm7070: 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
don't dare start with hatchery.
it is better you start with growout
when you get very familiar with catfish,
you can then venture into hatchery.
a word is enough for the wise
Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by excelsiorfarm(m): 7:24pm On Sep 14, 2016
please go & understudy someone doing hatchery. It is good,but not for beginners. Especially the impatient
Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by iamphotoshoot(m): 11:02am On Sep 17, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
please go & understudy someone doing hatchery. It is good,but not for beginners. Especially the impatient

Hello egbon, please which of the two numbers on your profile is your WhatsApp number?
Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by MAAF: 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hatchery is not for the faint hearted. I spent thousands of naira paying people to teach and hatch for me and they hatched nothing. I only succeded in hatching on my 10 attempt and that was only possible from my experience and research
You need to have the heart of steel and the patience of Mother Theresa to succed in this biz. Try grow out farming first.
Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by shodun(m): 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2016
Hello, Mr Davidson,,, this is what you need to know, what inspired you to have chose,, the production part of catfish,is very important.. Really, there is no too big deal in hatching fingerling.. All you need is a practicing production farmer. Do it In your presence like twice with results,, then, if passion as inspired you,,, am telling you, you will enjoying doing like you have been doing it in decades...

1 Share

Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by shodun(m): 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
Secondly,,, as a starter as you Mr Davidson,, the place you want to use for this production,, have you checked other parameters like water pH,, the environmental factors I.e, disease free Zone like bacteria etc, and other form of water deficiencies... In some areas fungal circle developed when you hatch fish first, second, third day you might not have issues but in the fifth, sixth and seventh day you start experiencing dropping in the vat or pond where you hatch the fish.. Hope you know all that too and lot more.. I know the market might have encourage you.. But you have to practice with existing farmers before starting. Take note.. Is not funny in the production room...
Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:52pm On Sep 17, 2016
iamphotoshoot:

Hello egbon, please which of the two numbers on your profile is your WhatsApp number?
sorry i stopped using whatsapp,i couldnt catch up with the volume of messages,so text or use my email
Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by emmybiz(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2016
shodun:
Hello, Mr Davidson,,, this is what you need to know, what inspired you to have chose,, the production part of catfish,is very important.. Really, there is no too big deal in hatching fingerling.. All you need is a practicing production farmer. Do it In your presence like twice with results,, then, if passion as inspired you,,, am telling you, you will enjoying doing like you have been doing it in decades...

Please, I need to start catfish farming but the problem is that I don't have bore hole, but there's one near my compound.
Am I good to go on a small scale,again how often will I change the water?
Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:21am On Sep 18, 2016
emmybiz:

Please, I need to start catfish farming but the problem is that I don't have bore hole, but there's one near my compound.
Am I good to go on a small scale,again how often will I change the water?
if you dont have adequate water under your control dont gamble,dont let any man deceive you. It will be tedious,costly & could result in losses

1 Like

Re: I Want To Venture Into Catfish Hatchery by emmybiz(m): 8:23pm On Sep 21, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
if you dont have adequate water under your control dont gamble,dont let any man deceive you. It will be tedious,costly & could result in losses
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Fish Farming Investment / Construction Of Palm Fruits/cassava Flour Processing Factory / Duck For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.