Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb (2926 Views)

The Site Is For Sale (macketcircle.com.ng ) Is Available For Sale / How To Check If Your Wordpress Site Is Vulnerable To XSS Attack / How To Know The Wordpress Theme A Site Is Using (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by slybase(m): 5:09pm On Nov 27, 2005
I had always ridden lagbaja and his 'under construction website' until i decided to check it out today and i was really impressed. pls if anyone knows the guys who designed it, i would like to be an apprentice under them.
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by nike4luv(f): 5:13pm On Nov 27, 2005
could u give us a link please
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by whiteshark(m): 5:22pm On Nov 27, 2005
abi?
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by Seun(m): 6:12pm On Nov 27, 2005
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by layi(m): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2005
Apprentice ke..Nobody fit teach creativity o. learn webdesignin and connect wit your creative insight. u could be better. I'm a webdesigner as well.
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by Scorpio(f): 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2005
wow! his site is beautiful, i'm loving the African touch cheesy
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by demmy(m): 6:44pm On Nov 28, 2005
It was designed by a company called ETSI

The site is impressive. I like the opening background. the ethnic touch. I wonder if they digitally painted it or simply scanned it in from hand painted source.
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by Farriel(m): 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2005
I think it's painted traditionally and then scanned, looks more like that to me. But then, who can tell? No thanks to the amazing powers of Photoshop.
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by HalfIjebu(m): 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2005
Guys Just like Nairaland...Lagbaja's got a medium to share ideas and talk about issues as well.Check it out and lets know what you think.
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by hotangel2(f): 6:49pm On Dec 28, 2005
Does lagbaja.com have anything to do with lagbaja?
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by hotangel2(f): 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2005
Ohh i see. Okay.
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by HalfIjebu(m): 10:35am On Dec 29, 2005
All you need to know about the masked man
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by Farriel(m): 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2005
Well, that's to those who are curious about the 'masked' one, right?
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by phantomcat(m): 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2006
the site is tight, the guy is good and he works with people who can put life to what he imagines. if the jist is right lagbaja is a lawyer. so he can paint, but there is someone he can tell this is what i want and he gets it. wondering how the welcome page was built? it is a scaned picture of the real painting, the areas representing the icons where cut out with a picture editor and rearanged back on the painting in their proper places, it could also be done by using the hot spots tool. the whole site is a well planned project. bigups to the webmaster
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by sbucareer(f): 2:40pm On Feb 06, 2006
There is a special keyboard and mouse used by digital artist to render drawnings like if they were drawing on a piece of paper.  The keyboard is like a drawing board with the mouse build into it in rollable form.  There is a software used with this purpose like AutoCARD tools and many more software out there.

If you see a high quality picture with nice resolution, possibilities are the designer used some sort of sophisticated equipment to build it rather to scanning.  It might as well be scan, but I'd doubt the quality would be as good as this.
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by demmy(m): 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2006
That would be wacom you mean. Its a lot like slate and pen with sensor.
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by benlay(m): 4:22am On Oct 13, 2007
i see creativity!
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by niyyie(m): 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2007
The site is nice. smiley
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by tundewoods(m): 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2007
Honestly i've known Lagbaja's website since 2005 and i infact dont find anything about the website extraordinary or special.Infact the website is just there.

Yes agreed it has some level of creativity but nothing extra ordinary
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by smartsoft(m): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2007
good site but notting so special though ! i agree with Mr. Tunde
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by deb(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2009
Honestly i've known Lagbaja's website since 2005 and i infact dont find anything about the website extraordinary or special.Infact the website is just there.

Yes agreed it has some level of creativity but nothing extra ordinary

I thought i was the only one until I saw your post
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by danteweb: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2009
Lagbaja's site - I believe - needs a serious revamp as a matter of fact. I don't think the site does enough justice to the kind of creativity and dynamism this man exhumes. That's not to say that the site is not nice. Its tidy enough especially with the music scores concept in the background but I believe lagbaja deserves something better.

His music gives you so much 'WOW' and leaves you wanting more but not this site. Anyways just my thoughts,
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by yawatide(f): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2009
If previous posts are anything to go by, the site most likely hasn't been updated since 2005. It was probably da bomb back then but in 2009, it no longer passes muster.

I think one good question to ask is if the site has even been updated post launch. The answer to that will help determine, IMHO, if the site will ever be touched again tongue
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by danteweb: 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2009
. . . interesting enough, the site was updated mid 2009!
Re: Guys, Lagbaja's site is the bomb by yawatide(f): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
mid-2009 but the footer still says "2005-2008"? tongue

I guess a better question to ask here is, what portions of the site were updated. Changing "one" to "three" IMHO doesn't exactly qualify as an update though I would call it a change, a slight one at that wink

(1) (Reply)

How To Easily Configure Your Website For Accepting Payment Via Credit/debit Card / Nairaland's Alexa Rank Dropping (Very Worried!). / Challenges Faced By Nigerian Based Web Developer / Entrepreneurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.