Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,057 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? (33161 Views)

Of Thomas Edison: Don't Let Anyone Put You Down. / Albert Einstein Begged His Daughter To Protect This / Happy Birthday, Albert Einstein!Things You Never Knew About The Scientist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by tdayof(m): 10:50am On Sep 03, 2016
989900:

Well articulated!
You've got to marvel at Einsteins perception, and how he effortlessly breaks things down. He was sure one of a kind; Tesla too.

My fascination is, bending of space/time for travel . . . we will get there, maybe in a million years.
#wormholes

I watched one video about the 'Bermuda triangle' and the 'wormhole' angle, have you seen it?
No I haven't seen the video. I'll be glad to know if I can find it on YouTube.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by Shiitposter: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2016
989900:

Well articulated!
You've got to marvel at Einsteins perception, and how he effortlessly breaks things down. He was sure one of a kind; Tesla too.

My fascination is, bending of space/time for travel . . . we will get there, maybe in a million years.
#wormholes

I watched one video about the 'Bermuda triangle' and the 'wormhole' angle, have you seen it?

Another "I get all my science knowledge from popsci youtube video" Poster. Lol
But no, we will never be able to bend space time in a million years.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by CICERO09(m): 10:54am On Sep 03, 2016
And the ladies would not talk here, just thread on who is a bigger star justin beiber or chris Brown? dey will giv you ten reasons shio.

1 Like

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by Nairadays: 10:54am On Sep 03, 2016
Admin401:

Hows atomic bomb a great invention? Literally one if the most destructive invention in human history.
Mayb when you get a taste of atomic energy like the Japanese, then you will learn to hate Einstein and Oppenheimer

Read my beginning sentence and closing sentence very well sir, it'll give you a picture of where i stand.

I can never list the Atomic Bomb as a positive invention.

In such an argument, the Atomic Bomb is minus, meaning that though Einstein was a genius with numerous achievements, but the Atomic Bomb development alone discredits his entire achievements or whatever we want to call it. The Atomic Bomb alone is a threat to humanity.

So I'll go with Edison on this one.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by tdayof(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2016
koife:
Einstein is light years ahead of Edison...he is the father of modern [b]quantum physics [/b]and chemistry....his theory of relativity of matter holds sawy till today!
Hahah yes. I love quantum physics. Was forced to when I started learning about waves and particles.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 03, 2016
tdayof:
Hahah yes. I love quantum physics. Was forced to when I started learning about waves and particles.

Why do you love quantum physics? I can bet my ass that you do not understand 95% if not 100% of the mathematics in quantum physics
How can you love something you don't understand?
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by musicwriter(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2016
josephni12:
I want to really know who contributed more to science between Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein

This comparison should've been between Einstein and Isaac Newton. They basically contributed ideas that helped understand more about the laws of nature. So, they contributed scientific laws and theories that helped man understand nature mathematically. Through Newton and Einstein man began to calculate things like; Energy, relativiity, special relativity, mass, speed, gravity, calculus, force, e.t.c. For instance, Einstein said the equation for energy is E=Mc2.

You could do well comparing Edison and Tesla. They both contributed in real items we use today; like bulb, radio, TV, phone, electricity, electronics, e.t.c.

Therefore, one was an ideologue while the other was a realist, but they were both great. Don't listen to any kid telling you Einstein was a god. When Einstein himself was asked ''who do you think is the most intelligent person ever?''. Einsten replied ''Ask Tesla''.

However, note this information being bandied around is what western education (white people) want us to believe about the history of science. Nothing is being said about the history of science from far back 5,000 years when black people ruled the whole world.

For example; before Einstein and Newton, Egyptians here in Africa built pyramids using same laws of physics, mathematics, geometry. Showing clearly we knew these things already. In fact, Pythagoras (a Greek/European) said he studied mathematics here in Africa long time before Newton and Einstein.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by tdayof(m): 11:05am On Sep 03, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Why do you love quantum physics? I can bet my ass that you do not understand 95% if not 100% of the mathematics in quantum physics
How can you love something you don't understand?
Mr man not everyone is dumb. You do not know quantum physics doesn't mean I don't. I am an aerospace engineering student and except you don't wanna graduate you can be enemy with mathematics and physics.

1 Like

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by 989900: 11:06am On Sep 03, 2016
Shiitposter:

Another "I get all my science knowledge from popsci youtube video" Poster. Lol
But no, we will never be able to bend space time in a million years.

We've got to admire your special ability to see the future, and your faithfulness to your archaic conventional science textbooks.

I don't know why it is so difficult for you guys to state your facts plainly devoid of frustrated emotions.

Regardless, your belief system would not change the advancement of our knowledge about wormholes, blackholes, whiteholes, "faster-than-light-travel", amongst others.

Cavemen would have held same position of 'impossibility' about traveling to the moon, or talking to someone some 7,000 km away at the touch of a button.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 03, 2016
It hurts to be late to a thread like this, this is the best thread in like 6 month on nairaland. here's my contribution:

Einstein intelligence has definitely made us understood the world like we know how things works but then again Einstein made a little mistake by not admitting the universe is expanding, he just said the universe is infinity which is false, As a theoretical physicist still taking lectures from an online platform, Prof Lawrence Krauss and other modern physicist admitted the world is expanding at fast pace and what that means is there could be a possibility of multiverse instead of the presumed infinite universe.

Einstein is like the second person i revere after Socrates, without Eisnstein intelligence many invention wouldn't have been possible. And guess what if it wasn't for his intelligence the creation of the Atomic bomb wouldn't have been possible but he regretted it after the bomb was dropped in hiroshima and nagasaki.

Now

Who is Thomas Edison?
He was an intelligent business man over his ex-staff and rival who happened who to be Nikola Tesla, Tesla was an immigrant in the US and very intelligent who happened to invent AC from power plant, Then Edison now went home to task his brain and invented DC, he didn't stop there, he still had to go to the US senate, lobbied them to discredit Tesla's AC and called it dangerous to humanity, One time Edison purposely let an animal died from the fall of pole using Tesla's AC power generation, he still took the dead Elephant to senate to criticize Tesla's AC, reminds me of pdp and apc lol

so the US government now have to disregard Tesla's AC for Edison's DC but truth be told Edison's DC has been helpful and that's why we use transformer today. Edison was more of smart business man who advertised his product and Tesla never advertised one day, he just had the intelligence to have first invented electricity. Tesla even helped Einstein in getting his theory right.

I choose Einstein anyday.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 03, 2016
Puvour:
Einstein of course
Some people have given the reasons above by stating some of his achievements but let me simplify it as much as I can for non-science people.
Imagine being told that "time" as you know it is not constant but two different people will read different times on their clocks if they are both moving at different speeds that is large enough.
That time will also be slower for those of us that are on ground than those that are flying in an airplane for the same event. (gravitational time dilation). In other words, if your twin brother left the ground and was living far above on mountain everest (if it were possible), after so many years, he would have been older than you even if both of you time yourselves with the same accurate clock (say an atomic clock).
The application of these concepts is what makes it possible for your GPS to tell you what exact position that you are on earth accurately.
Another thing that may sound strange to you; When you drop a stone from a height, especially where there is no air to push against it as it falls, ordinarily you would expect the stone's speed to keep increasing until it hits the ground right? Well, that's not true. In fact, right from the moment it started dropping, its speed remains the same! And it never changes throughout it's fall. You only think it's increasing because it's you who is actually "moving" relative to the stone. Any object moving in space ordinarily does so at a uniform speed including your stone. We always assumed that the earth has a force from within it that pulls us to herself and therefore makes our speed increase with time (acceleration by Newton's Idea), but it's not true. There is no force from within the earth. That's why when you fall freely in a lift for instance, you feel as if you have no weight, as if there is no force whatsoever acting on you. Because there is actually none. Now the reason might get a little confusing. Space and time bends around a massive object like the earth, so although your falling stone covers an equal distance in every second( constant speed) in the real sense, to you it's speed is increasing because you are judging it based on a curved/bent space and time.
These ideas have helped us understand better the nature of our universe, where it started from (big bang), where it will possibly lead to, the application of space technology in forecasting disease outbreaks on a farm, disaster management, solid mineral exploration, defence and security, weather forecast, even in public health as well as GIS/GPS.
Einsteins works are evolutionary!
lol funny mistake, it's not gravitational time my friend, it's called space time. good explanation though.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by 989900: 11:16am On Sep 03, 2016
tdayof:
No I haven't seen the video. I'll be glad to know if I can find it on YouTube.

I can't post links; else I'd be auto-banned, but it is on youtube and NatGeo.

Keyword: Bruce Gernon and Bermuda Triangle . . . the long version YouTube video does further breakdown of the mystery.

Is there an explanation for the thousands of people who have disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle? What can we learn from Charles Lindbergh, Christopher Columbus, and Bruce Gernon - the coauthor of The Fog --all of whom survived their frightening encounter in the Bermuda Triangle? Others have seen parts of this phenomenon and some have seen it, but vanished. Gernon is the only person to have witnessed its birth stage through the mature stage, to enter the heart of the Timestorm, escaping through a Tunnel Vortex and resulting in a time warp of 30 minutes forward in time, and 100 miles forward in space.

After 31 years of research Gernon discovered how he had flown those 100 miles in such a short time and never seen the Earth or sky around him. He was captured by what he calls Electronic Fog. There are dozens of planes and boats that have been in this fog through out history. And there are dozens more that have crashed because it can induce spatial disorientation. Many have disappeared and some have even disintegrated. All of the people that have been in this fog thought they were traveling THROUGH the fog. Until Gernon’s theory, no one ever realized it is similar to Saint Elmo’s Fire; it attaches itself to the vessel and travels WITH it.

Excerpts from electonicfogdotcom

Nothing conclusive yet . . . still some mystery to be debunked or worked on (Andros Airport, Bahamas, to Palm Beach, Florida - 250 miles - in 47 minutes in a Beech Bonanza) . . . phewww!

A Bonanza is not capable of speeds much over 200 mph in level flight on a still day, and is not made to withstand the stress of >300 miles an hour (not entirely an impossibility), which is what his airplane would have to have averaged . . . his story is yet to be debunked or proved.

1 Like

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by saintneo(m): 11:17am On Sep 03, 2016
Edison is a goal-getter. Edison like most Americans are business minded, this is why he profited from his inventions unlike Tesla.

Einstein is a genius.

Edison - Engineer/Entrepreneur - Choleric

Einstein - Physicist/Professor - Melancholic

The world needs both kinds to advance, there is no need for the comparison; however, I would rather be an Edison than an Einstein.

1 Like

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 03, 2016
tdayof:
Mr man not everyone is dumb. You do not know quantum physics doesn't mean I don't. I am an aerospace engineering student and except you don't wanna graduate you can be enemy with mathematics and physics.

Lol, i didn't say mathematics "and" Physics. I said the mathematics in quantum physics
Two different things.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by tdayof(m): 11:23am On Sep 03, 2016
Dudeweedlmao:

Lol, i didn't say mathematics "and" Physics. I said the mathematics in quantum physics
Two different things.
When mathematics is being mentioned it doesn't mean a subject on its own. Sir I understand quantum physics V.well Thank You.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by Shiitposter: 11:39am On Sep 03, 2016
989900:

We've got to admire your special ability to see the future, and your faithfulness to your archaic conventional science textbooks.

I don't know why it is so difficult for you guys to state your facts plainly devoid of frustrated emotions.

Regardless, your belief system would not change the advancement of our knowledge about wormholes, blackholes, whiteholes, "faster-than-light-travel", amongst others.

Cavemen would have held same position of 'impossibility' about traveling to the moon, or talking to someone some 7,000 km away at the touch of a button.

Haha, well if you had read any kind of "archaic conventional science textbook" you would know that to create a wormhole you would need to tap into "Negative Energy" using an Alcubierre Drive or a wrap drive which also require exotic matter both of which do not exist. So we need to move away from scifi's worm hole if we are to travel any meaningful distance into space.

1 Like

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by legacysystems2(f): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2016
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by groundnutoil(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2016
Sis i taya o hapi saturday
Dollyak:

Indeed. I am even more surprised Seun with Science background would allow his Mods to push this on the front page.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by mikool007(m): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
Albert Edison grin, you can't really quantify their achievements they are great men that affected generations

1 Like

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by 989900: 12:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
Shiitposter:

Haha, well if you had read any kind of "archaic conventional science textbook" you would know that to create a wormhole you would need to tap into "Negative Energy" using an Alcubierre Drive or a wrap drive which also require exotic matter both of which do not exist. So we need to move away from scifi's worm hole if we are to travel any meaningful distance into space.

Science is ephemeral, that is my drift, and impossible is, nothing.

We already have many inspiring models being worked on, but they are all at the moment unstable -- it doesn't mean we won't find a way around it in the future.

For example, we already have the science to freeze/put people with terminal illnesses into hibernation (cryonics @$150k+), even though we are yet to find cure for those illnesses, nor even find a way to bring them out of hibernation back to life! However, we believe with improvements in medicine, especially bioengineering and molecular nanotechnology, it will be doable in the future.

Our creator/manufacturer created us so wonderfully, we are 'gods' yet to discover the infinite capabilities we are blessed with -- at the moment, we only use a relatively small percentage of our brain's capacity.

1 Like

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by toprealman: 12:21pm On Sep 03, 2016
hUmaneOne:
OP you're just unnecessarily silly..

Must one be greater than the other? Must it be a competition? What is your point sef?

Those f0olish folks talking about Edison's bulb not being in use, you don't know technology is always modified?

Only in Africa, Nigeria especially, will such a topic be discussed.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by dejavubobo1(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
ekwuzzy17:

excuse me broda

wat kinda free kick is that

lwkmd
Guess that's wat u get wen Albert Einstein invents the console.. &.. Thomas Edison invents the T.V

1 Like

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by gj22(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
Just read up special relativity then come back and ask your question again.

1 Like

Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by shurleybaby: 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
Are you guys learners? undecided
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by vislabraye(m): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
josephni12:
I want to really know who contributed more to science between Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein

Einstein was way ahead his time. I'll go for Einstein. E=mc2 is the bedrock of science.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by bellyjean(m): 1:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
I think einstein is more inclined to the science of things than edison (the question why). Look at space-time curvature, relativity and many more theories he proposed

Edison is a man of necessity. He is an inventor; an investor and entrepreneur, a very sharp one. He is a market mover and that explains why he had many patents (he bought some as well from other inventors). There was competition during his time and patenting made him steps ahead.

If Edison hadn't invented those things, other people would have," DeGraaf told Live Science.

. Both are science nerds, no doubt. Einstein is in his own world while edison is in another world.

Edison vs Tesla would be more appropriate.

http://www.livescience.com/46739-tesla-vs-edison-comparison.html
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by ekwuzzy17(m): 1:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
dejavubobo1:

Guess that's wat u get wen Albert Einstein invents the console.. &.. Thomas Edison invents the T.V

broda u no get joy at all
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by dboss444: 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
It is an insult to compare einstein with thomas edison, Einstein is a scientist (physicist). thomas is a technician(inventor). Thomas edision is popular today because american govt love capitalist bussiness people, thomas was a businessman he never invented the light bulb he only made it marketable even when JP morgan bought Edison light company he trashed out edison dc and used tesla AC current. There are many who has patents like edison. Don't ever compare them
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
edison is more of an entrepreneur. would have been einstein vs faraday.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by Shayooluwah(m): 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
I like the wizard of menlo park. My opinion tho.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2016
bodee:
Edison is the greatest inventor that ever liveth#
So that settle the question

The fact that people are actually liking this drivel shows the level of education in this country. Edison? The man who stole Nikola Tesla's inventions and commercialized em? The greatest inventor ever?
What a joke.

Tesla and Archimedes are those who battle for greatest inventors ever.

As for this thread, it's not even a contest. Einstein is simply the greatest mind in Physics to have ever lived.
Re: Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? by stzy(m): 3:13pm On Sep 03, 2016
DesChyko:
Seun I Know. He give me Nairaland.

All those E= mc2 and yeye equation dem, apart from blackboard and exam paper, I never see how to use am get money.
ppl used E=MC2 to end second world war.... South Africa generates more megawatts than us coz they use nuclear... Tell me d formula that makes nuclear power plant possible.... Edison was there wen they gave Einstein man of d century.... Edison is a politician who won d admiration of IG farben n get millions of dollars to sponsor. Scientists n dia projects n later take all d credit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Rejoices As He Captures A Very Big Owl In His Home (Pics/Video) / Complete Skeleton Of Duelling Dinosaurs From 67 million Years Ago Revealed (Pix) / The Sun Just Erupted With Its Most Powerful Solar Flare In 6 YEARS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.