Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here (8836 Views)

Names Of Various Animals In Yoruba Language / White Students Of Yoruba Language University, U.S Singing Yoruba Hymn!(video) / White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by Aare2050(m): 11:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
SaffronSpice:

I will.
Thanks sir.

I've been offline for a while, been busy with offline client.

I will upload this thread before the end of the weekend

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by SaffronSpice: 5:54am On Oct 08, 2016
Aare2050:
Thanks sir.
I've been offline for a while, been busy with offline client.
I will upload this thread before the end of the weekend
No problem,bro. Does your blog have an FB page or Twitter handle.
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by Aare2050(m): 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
SaffronSpice:

No problem,bro.
Does your blog have an FB page or Twitter handle.
Oh, I really had it in mind, but I don't have it.

Will do that today
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by SaffronSpice: 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
Aare2050:
Will do that today
Ait.
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by charijee(f): 5:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
Aare2050:

Will do that today
You kept me waiting for too long sad
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by Aare2050(m): 10:17am On Nov 25, 2016
charijee:
You kept me waiting for too long sad

I'm sorry my sister.

I will update on Monday.

I have a lot of job hunting ongoing
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by PrinceAbinibi: 7:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
No update ni bro
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by Wizapersona: 7:00am On Feb 28, 2017
Hello Aare,

I believe the online tone marking tool for Yoruba language at http://yorubaintonation.somee.com can come in handy for people learning Yoruba. Just thought to drop that here, in case anyone needs to add intonation to their Yoruba text but does not have a Yoruba keyboard installed.

Aare2050:
I welcome you to my blog.

My name is Akanle Bamishile j.

A graduate of Adeyemi College of Education. Ondo state, affiliated to Obafemi awolowo University. Ile-ife.

I have the following Qualification
Bachelor of art in Education Yoruba Language. With a second class upper division.

I created this blog to showcase the beauty and rich language of the Yoruba people of Nigeria West Africa.

I will be teaching my audience the following:

1. The Yoruba Language
2. The Yoruba culture
3. The similarities and differences between Yoruba and other cultures and ethnic in Nigeria.

You are welcome here as we shall kick start our learning today.

For questions and enquiries
Message me on harkanley@gmail.com
Or WhatsApp me in +2347033401755.

Welcome ones again

Source: http://yorubalanguageschool..com.ng/?m=1

1 Like

Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by Marvinisimi: 6:30am On Apr 02, 2017
Visit this page http://culturetree.co.uk and https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjjzx5WteiyGu6_t3S09jHA for ways to teach our children Yoruba and other African languages.
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by walexsho(m): 4:17pm On Jul 16, 2017
Yoruba Alphabet and writing system

Click here for further reading

Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by walexsho(m): 6:21am On Jul 18, 2017
Can I just continue with this tutorial
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by walexsho(m): 6:26am On Jul 18, 2017
The Yoruba alphabe has 7 vowels a e ẹ i o ọ u, subtracting the vowels, the rest are consonants
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by walexsho(m): 6:33am On Jul 18, 2017
Vowels

Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by walexsho(m): 6:34am On Jul 18, 2017

Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by walexsho(m): 6:53am On Jul 18, 2017
Yoruba Tones
Note: This is where beginners miss it, getting fed up and frustrated thinking there is need to master all tones, thereby give up learning. Instead of stressing over mastering the tones, skip over this topic as a beginner and simply listen to word as you hear them from people or the media then try your best by repeating them melodically. This is how most languages are being learnt. Babies don’t learn English language accent by mastering a book but become familiar with the accent as they hear them, Children in Yorubaland also do not start speaking by learning the tones; they perfect the tonal aspect as they grow in speaking the language. Do not get bothered about the tones and just move with the flow.
Tonal signs are important in Yoruba language as it makes it easy to read Yoruba because a word may have numerous meanings according to the way it sounds which are distinguished by sounds sign.
The tonal language has three tones: L(ow) known as Dò, M(id) known as Re and H(igh) known as Mí which are generally marked on vowels and so rarely on nasal consonants.
· For a Low tone, vowels are marked a backslash
[à è ẹ̀ ì ò ọ̀ ù]
· For a Mid tone, vowels are not marked
[a e ẹ i o ọ u]
· For a High tone, vowels are marked forward slash
[á é ẹ́ í ó ọ́ ú]

The following illustrate the distribution of tones in words of one syllable with same vowel and consonants; the only difference is that they are of different read more
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by Aare2050(m): 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2018
walexsho:
Yoruba Tones
Note: This is where beginners miss it, getting fed up and frustrated thinking there is need to master all tones, thereby give up learning. Instead of stressing over mastering the tones, skip over this topic as a beginner and simply listen to word as you hear them from people or the media then try your best by repeating them melodically. This is how most languages are being learnt. Babies don’t learn English language accent by mastering a book but become familiar with the accent as they hear them, Children in Yorubaland also do not start speaking by learning the tones; they perfect the tonal aspect as they grow in speaking the language. Do not get bothered about the tones and just move with the flow.
Tonal signs are important in Yoruba language as it makes it easy to read Yoruba because a word may have numerous meanings according to the way it sounds which are distinguished by sounds sign.
The tonal language has three tones: L(ow) known as Dò, M(id) known as Re and H(igh) known as Mí which are generally marked on vowels and so rarely on nasal consonants.
· For a Low tone, vowels are marked a backslash
[à è ẹ̀ ì ò ọ̀ ù]
· For a Mid tone, vowels are not marked
[a e ẹ i o ọ u]
· For a High tone, vowels are marked forward slash
[á é ẹ́ í ó ọ́ ú]

The following illustrate the distribution of tones in words of one syllable with same vowel and consonants; the only difference is that they are of different read more

Wow
Thanks for your contribution
It means slot to the readers of this thread
Re: Do You Want To Learn Yoruba Language From Scratch? Come In Here by Omartins365(m): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2020
Are you a copywriter, proofreader, interpreter, teacher, student or just someone who works in Yorùbá Language?

Translate those figures and numbers to words in standard Yoruba Language at YorubaNumeral.com at no cost. 

It also aids learning the yoruba numbering system by providing detailed explanation for each number translated up to 25 billion. 

You all should check this site out YorubaNumeral.com

Just input your desired number and get the translation immediately.

Saves you a lot effort especially if you need to do this frequently

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Can't Nigerians Teach Their Children Their Language? / I Don't Know Much Outside Northern Nigeria, Tell Me A Little About Your Tribes / What Do You Hate About Your Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.