Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,520 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

The Istikharah Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Istikharah Prayer (566 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Istikharah Prayer by SuaveFinance: 8:54am On Sep 03, 2016
Hello readers , today I will be telling you about the Istikharah prayer. It is a prayer of guidance. When you want to make a major decision in your life, it is best you seek Allah's guidance. You should always pray to Allah to guide you through the right path in your daily activities. Istikharah prayer is recommended for a major decision such as getting married, starting a business and others.

How do you perform the Istikhara prayer?
Make two rakats (Nafila). During your first rakat, after reciting Surat Fatiha recite Surat Ikhlas, during your second rakat after reciting Surat Fatiha recite Surat Kaafirun. After saying Asalam Alaykum Waramatullahi to the right and then the left recite this:

"Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi-ilmika wa astaqdiruka biqudra-tika, wa as'aluka min fadlikal Azeemi fainnaka taqdiru wa la aqdiru, wa ta'lamu wa la a'alamu, wa Anta Allamul-Ghuyubi, Allahum-ma in kunta ta'lamu anna [then mention the thing to be decided] khairun li fee deeni wa ma'aashi wa aaqibati amri - [or say] - Aajilihi wa aajilihi. Faqdurhu li wa yassirhu li thumma baarik li feehi, wa in kunta ta'lamu anna haadhal amra sharun li fee deeni wa ma'aashi wa aaqibati amri - [or say] -Aajilihi wa aajilihi Fasriflu `anni wasrifni ' anhu waqdur liyal Khaira haithu kaana thumma ardini bihi."

It means " Oh Allah, I seek the counsel of Your Knowledge, and I seek the help of Your Omnipotence and I beseech Your Magnificient Grace. Surely You are Capable and I am not. You know and I know not. You are the Knower of the unseen. Oh Allah, surely You know so if this matter [then mention the thing to be decided] is good for me, in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come -[or say] - then ordain it for me and make it easy for me, then bless me in it. And if this matter is bad for me, in my religion and in my life and for my welfare in the life to come - [or say] - then distance it from me, and distance me from it, and ordain for me what is good wherever it is to be found and help me to be content with it.

"When you sleep, a guidance could be revealed to you in your dream. If you see anything white or green or both colours in your dream then you go ahead with your plan. However, if you see anything red or black in your dream then it means it is bad for you. If you get mixed answers in your dream like you see both something green and red then you have to repeat the Istikhara prayer till you get a definite answer. The Istikhara prayer should only be repeated for at most 7 times ( for a specific question). If you do not get any answer, then repeat it for at most 7 times (one Istikhara prayer for one day). If you still do not get any answer, some individuals say you should follow your heart."
Re: The Istikharah Prayer by Muthiu(m): 9:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
Jakumllah khyran

1 Like

Re: The Istikharah Prayer by SuaveFinance: 10:20am On Sep 07, 2016
Amin

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Emir Of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II In A Warm Handshake With Pope Francis / Former Buddhist Explains Why He Turned To Jesus / 10 Reasons For Man To Leave Religion Behind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.