Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? (878 Views)

Let US Make Man In OUR Own Image / Christians: God Created Man In His Own Image, Is God Circumcised / China’s Efforts To Mold Christianity In Its Own Image Face Resistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
I don’t know if I’m mistaking, I have always thought God existed alone before the creation of man and the world but in biblical acount of the creation of human in Genesis 1:26, God said, “Let us make man in our image, and after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

In that statement, He said “Let Us”. Who do you think He was talking to. Could it be He was talking to His friends or angels or does it mean God didn’t create man all by Himself but with the help of others?

Bible scholars please come to the rescue. Thanks
Re: Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by ministeriallist: 2:05pm On Sep 03, 2016
Jesuobu:
I don’t know if I’m mistaking, I have always thought God existed alone before the creation of man and the world but in biblical acount of the creation of human in Genesis 1:26, God said, “Let us make man in our image, and after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

In that statement, He said “Let Us”. Who do you think He was talking to. Could it be He was talking to His friends or angels or does it mean God didn’t create man all by Himself but with the help of others?

Bible scholars please come to the rescue. Thanks

Read the bible in Colossians 1:15-20 then tell us who God was talking to.

1 Like

Re: Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2016
ministeriallist:

Read the bible in Colossians 1:15-20 then tell us who God was talking to.
wow shocked From what I read Jesus Christ existed before God created everything. That means God was probably talking to Jesus. Never knew this. And that was really quick. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by Scholar8200(m): 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
Also see Isaiah 6:8

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

If the us was referring to the angels, then it would have been, "whom shall we send"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2016
Scholar8200:
Also see Isaiah 6:8

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

If the us was referring to the angels, then it would have been, "whom shall we send"

that's a good point. I'm very happy because I'm learning some new things about God. Thanks guys.
Re: Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by menxer: 3:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hhhhhmmmmm

Why are we splitting hair defending if God was alone or not at the beginning of creation?

We won't get the answer as long as we insist the Bible version is the only true version of the creation story.

Quoting colossians 1:15-20, how many years after the death of Jesus was it written? That was Paul sermonizing his new converts.

What does the ancient Jewish religious book (The Zohar) say about this?

If we trace the genealogy of Abraham a step back, what was the prevailing creation story at that time?

We can't just use only a King James "authorized" Bible to answer questions about the beginning of creation.

1 Like

Re: Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by ministeriallist: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Jesuobu:
wow shocked From what I read Jesus Christ existed before God created everything. That means God was probably talking to Jesus. Never knew this. And that was really quick. Thanks.
You're welcome.
Re: Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by akpanubong(m): 8:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
read proverb chapter 8......it tells more about Jesus pre-human existence
Re: Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
Gpd bless you. I never knew such verse existed in the bible.
akpanubong:
Re: Let ‘us’ Make Man In Our Own Image. Who Else Was God Talking To? by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 04, 2016
akpanubong:
Thanks. This actually confirms the answer.
The Proverbs 8

8:22 "The Lord formed me from the beginning, before he created anything else.
8:23 I was appointed in ages past, at the very first, before the earth began.
8:24 I was born before the oceans were created, before the springs bubbled forth their waters.
8:25 Before the mountains and the hills were formed, I was born—
8:26 before he had made the earth and fields and the first handfuls of soil.
8:27 "I was there when he established the heavens, when he drew the horizon on the oceans.
8:28 I was there when he set the clouds above, when he established the deep fountains of the earth.
8:29 I was there when he set the limits of the seas, so they would not spread beyond their boundaries. And when he marked off the earth's foundations,
8:30 I was the architect at his side. I was his constant delight, rejoicing always in his presence.

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant And Unwed NYC Female Pastor Says She Refuses To Be Shamed Out / Curing Unbelief / Re: Anal Sex And Mouth Action Are Sins (matured Christians Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.