Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

5 Things To Consider When Booking For Wedding Reception Venue - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 5 Things To Consider When Booking For Wedding Reception Venue (389 Views)

Why The Delta Bride Ran From The Wedding Reception - Close Friend / Bride In Delta Runs Out Of Wedding Reception, Says She's No Longer Interested / Couple Enter Their Wedding Reception In A Tractor (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things To Consider When Booking For Wedding Reception Venue by amakoro(m): 6:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
As the year gradually comes to an end, wedding bells everywhere. At season like this, event places/Halls are in their peak season because of the EMBER period. Most halls are booked till the end of this season.

With the recent law enacted by most state government in Nigeria, for instance Lagos state which prohibits individuals or group from holding their parties or wedding ceremonies in public places like the school compound, playing ground and some Government properties. In other words, hosting of wedding parties and other functions must take place in event

place/Halls, no more free venue. This explains why you see Halls and Event Places springing up everywhere on a daily basis. The question here is how do you get maximum benefit and at the same time reduce cost when it comes to getting a space or hall for your wedding ceremonies?

Here are 5 main factors to consider before going ahead to book a wedding reception venue.

CAPACITY

The capacity of your wedding venue is most times derived from the number of invites you sent out, which should determine the number of expected guest, so plan with that. In a nutshell, the number of expected guest is a determinant to your choice of wedding venue.

ACCESSIBILITY

This also a vital factor considering the fact that, you don’t want your guest complaining how and difficult it took them to get to your wedding venue etc, Access to your wedding venue is important because it dealt with issues like how close is the reception hall to the church/mosque wedding ceremony, how motor-able is the road leading to the reception venue and how easily your guest can find your wedding hall/venue. All these have to be considered.

AVAILABILITY OF AMENITIES

No Hall/event place function well without the availability of essential amenities. Some of which are

a. Power supply

b. Car park space

c. First Aid

d. Children bay

e. Good proper ventilation

f. Good sound and lighting system

COST

For us all, this is the most important aspect when it comes to booking a wedding reception venue/Hall. Our budget determines what type of venue we get at the end of the day. As new couple I will say it’s best you go along with your budget, don’t do more than your target expenditure.

SECURITY

Lastly the security of your guest should be paramount. Therefore, ensure that your guests are safe. Do not host them in places where they are exposed to miscreants and area boys. Ensure your guests enjoy themselves and leave for their various home safely.

I know that most Nigerians love to party and in the process show off their prowess, I urge you to be cautious in all you do. My dear newlyweds I strongly advise that you stick with your budget when planning for your wedding ceremonies. Be yourself and don’t try to impress anyone.

I hope you enjoyed reading this little piece of mine and have gotten something from it? Feel free to ask question in the comment section.

http://amarachia..com/2016/09/5-things-to-consider-when-booking-for-wedding-reception-venue.html

(1) (Reply)

We Bring To You Standout Event Planning & Co_ordinating / Happy Birthday To Me / Women Who Made History…today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.