Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Appropriate Use Of Fungicides - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Appropriate Use Of Fungicides (6886 Views)

Where Can I Get Fungicides, Herbicides And Pesticides in Lagos? / Why And Why Not? The Use Of Sawdust In Your Garden, Farms & Veggies Nurseries / Making Your Own Cheap Organic Fungicides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 6:44am On Sep 04, 2016
Fungicides

Science has proven beyond reasonable doubt that plant and animal are living things. Comparing the characteristics of both and confirming they share same features except locomotion while plants move in their own way.

So, as animals have disease pathogen , plants also do. Diseases of plants are either caused by bacterias, viruses, fungis, nematodes e.t.c.
Experience has proven that even if plant disease are caused by any of the pathogens, most of the diseases are products of one or more fungi infection. Thus the most available and the most effective way of controlling plant diseases is by using the appropriate FUNGICIDE.

A fungicide is an agent that destroys or inhibits the growth of fungi.

To farmers, fungi infection on our crops especially fragile vegetables like tomato, cucumber, pepper e.t.c. thus a need to eradicate them effectively. The essence of this awareness is not to familiarize you with diseases because we pray against them on daily basis in our farms, but to hint you on the basic kinds of available fungicides for prospective fungi that may attack. These fungicides are as follows;

CATEGORY A; These set of fungicides contain mainly of Mancozeb and/or Metalalyl as Active Ingredients. They are mainly used in controlling common fungi diseases like Early blight, powdery mildew, e.t.c. examples of such fungicide are Z-FORCE, VICTORY, AGROZEB e.t,.c

CATEGORY B; these set of fungicides are very sensitive as they control serious bacteria, and fungi diseases. They are made of copper oxide in different proportions. They are best applied from the very early stage of plants. They control diseases like late blight, bacterial specs, bacterial wilt e.t.c. example of such fungicide is KOICIDE, RED FORCE, FUNGURAN e.t.c

CATEGORY C; These are the most expensive set of Fungicides because they are the most expensive. They contol very serious fungi, viral and bacterial diseases. They work for diseases accrued to all the categories. They help control special diseases such as Anctracnose, septoria leafr spot, fusarium wilt e.t.c . examples of these fungicides are FORCELET, FUNGUFORCE, AGROZIM.e.t.c

NOTE; INSECTICIDES ARE BEST SPRAYED.

IF YOU OBSERVE ANY DISEASE IN YOUR FARM, DO WELL TO CONTACT US ON agrosolveng@gmail.com or post your observations on this write up. You will be answered immediately and appropriately.

1 Like

Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by miniziter(m): 7:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
Do you supply any of the fungicides?
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by miniziter(m): 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
Which is the best for cocoa?
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 4:58am On Apr 24, 2017
Yes
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 4:59am On Apr 24, 2017
miniziter:
Do you supply any of the fungicides?

Yes
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 5:01am On Apr 24, 2017
miniziter:
Which is the best for cocoa?

Category B. Most of the major diseases of cocoa are controlled by this category of Fungicides.
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by dragon2(m): 6:46am On Apr 24, 2017
Do you have a location in, or can you supply to, onitsha/asaba?
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 7:06am On Apr 24, 2017
dragon2:
Do you have a location in, or can you supply to, onitsha/asaba?

Our offices are in Portharcourt, Ibadan, Lagos and Jos.
Yes, We can supply to Onitsha/asaba
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by aquila3: 10:05pm On Apr 24, 2017
FarmManager:

Our offices are in Portharcourt, Ibadan, Lagos and Jos.
Yes, We can supply to Onitsha/asaba
i need ibadan contact number and do you also deal in other agrochemical like herbicide, insecticide etc.thanks
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 5:15am On Apr 25, 2017
aquila3:
i need ibadan contact number and do you also deal in other agrochemical like herbicide, insecticide etc.thanks

Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by GreatNegro(m): 5:58am On Apr 26, 2017
Please I have a fungicide that contains Mancozed 80WP, but I don't know how many tins of peak milk to mix with 16litre sprayer. Can you please teach me how to measure it into a sprayer?
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 10:43am On Apr 26, 2017
GreatNegro:
Please I have a fungicide that contains Mancozed 80WP, but I don't know how many tins of peak milk to mix with 16litre sprayer. Can you please teach me how to measure it into a sprayer?

50g or 1 full peak milk
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by moshoodtex: 11:30am On Apr 26, 2017
But this person did not specified the crop he wants to apply the fungicide on. Or is it the same measurement for all crops?
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by GreatNegro(m): 7:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
FarmManager:

50g or 1 full peak milk
Thanks!
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by moshoodtex: 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
Dear Sir,

please, kindly give the address of agrochemical market in Lagos. My pepper is dying and have made some research on the causes. I later discover some that there are many fungus causing harm to the crop after that heavy rain. I've tried to get the fungicides to cure the diseases from Ibadan, but i could not get. I will be very happy if you do me the favour. My GOD Almighty help you so. Thanks
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
moshoodtex:
Dear Sir,

please, kindly give the address of agrochemical market in Lagos. My pepper is dying and have made some research on the causes. I later discover some that there are many fungus causing harm to the crop after that heavy rain. I've tried to get the fungicides to cure the diseases from Ibadan, but i could not get. I will be very happy if you do me the favour. My GOD Almighty help you so. Thanks
call me pls
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by johnnyblaze424: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
PLS. what fungicide will you recommend as a preventive measure in a tomato plantation

1 Like

Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 6:09am On Aug 24, 2017
johnnyblaze424:
PLS. what fungicide will you recommend as a preventive measure in a tomato plantation
call me pls
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by johnnyblaze424: 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2017
FarmManager:

call me pls
can't you just answer here like everyone else
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 12:46pm On Aug 24, 2017
johnnyblaze424:

can't you just answer here like everyone else
nothing is hidden. just wanted to ask you some questions about the area, soil and climatic conditions before i recommend. dont be rude. if you flash me. i will call you back
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by johnnyblaze424: 1:20pm On Aug 24, 2017
FarmManager:

nothing is hidden. just wanted to ask you some questions about the area, soil and climatic conditions before i recommend. dont be rude. if you flash me. i will call you back
thanks. my bad, i don't have your no though
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by lardy96(m): 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
Sir, would you recommend for watermelon?
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by Derivative: 4:25am On Sep 27, 2018
FarmManager:

Our offices are in Portharcourt, Ibadan, Lagos and Jos. Yes, We can supply to Onitsha/asaba
Please provide your Port Harcourt address.
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by kyriannelson(m): 7:00am On Nov 20, 2018
What is the control please

Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by moshoodtex: 10:04pm On Nov 22, 2018
use Mancozeb fungicide
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by okoroemeka(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2018
moshoodtex:
use Mancozeb fungicide
haaahaaaa!mancozeb the one drug treat all,but using only mancozeb only is not good in a commercial farm u invested hard cold cash in,I don't take chances,we use it with other systemic fungicides mixed in like ridomilgold,team,sAAF,funguforce.mancozeb alone like zforce,raksha,cotzeb are only contact,if serious rain fall it will wash off.
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by kyriannelson(m): 11:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
I sprayed mancozeb twice, no changes
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by okoroemeka(m): 12:31pm On Nov 29, 2018
kyriannelson:
I sprayed mancozeb twice, no changes
pepper need serious fungicide,spray ridomil gold copper base and team or thiophate methyl,that black spots is anthracnose.
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by kyriannelson(m): 12:06am On Nov 30, 2018
Please what is the cost of the fungicide, any idea??
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by okoroemeka(m): 1:16am On Nov 30, 2018
kyriannelson:
Please what is the cost of the fungicide, any idea??
ridomilgold copper base #400 for 50 grams,saaf#1,000 for 250 gram,thiophate methyl #2,500 for 1kg,,ridomilgold non copper #2,500 for 250 gram,
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by ofemken: 5:02am On Feb 01, 2019
Sir what is the cost for Red force and ur PortHarcourt office address
Re: Appropriate Use Of Fungicides by FarmManager: 6:18am On Feb 03, 2019
ofemken:
Sir what is the cost for Red force and ur PortHarcourt office address

pls call

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASG To Setup E-Commerce Hub For Agric Producers To Improve Exports / Lagos Distributes Maize, Sorghum To Farm Settlements / Farm Land Needed In Abuja And Its Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.