Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Travelling To Turkey - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Turkey (716 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Travelling To Turkey To Buy Clothes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Turkey by flysh: 11:41am On Oct 05, 2009
HELLO NAIRALANDERS

I GOT AN ADMISSION TO STUDY IN TURKEY.BUT I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE COUNTRY BECAUSE I INTEND TO WORK WHILE STUDYING AND PROBABLY WORK AND LIVE THERE AFTER MY STUDIES. PLEASE, I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN TURKEY AND IF ONE CAN SURVIVE THERE.
I NEED YOUR ADVICE.
Re: Travelling To Turkey by Vicjustice: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2009
flysh:

HELLO NAIRALANDERS

I GOT AN ADMISSION TO STUDY IN TURKEY.BUT I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE COUNTRY BECAUSE I INTEND TO WORK WHILE STUDYING AND PROBABLY WORK AND LIVE THERE AFTER MY STUDIES. PLEASE, I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE JOB OPPORTUNITIES IN TURKEY AND IF ONE CAN SURVIVE THERE.
I NEED YOUR ADVICE.
   Why Turkey?
   Are you one of those who have the opinion that whatever country that is not in African is OK for studies and earning a living? You may as well look for admission in Iraq, afterall, it's not in Africa.
   I've spent a considerable period of time in Turkey, residing in Topkapi area of Istanbul. Though, the country is a charming place, but it's not encouraging in many terms. This is a country where i mostly think twice about public transportation for fear of Kurdish terrorist attacks on the local metros, trams, trains and buses. I was in Eminönü
when a suicide attack was carried out by a Kurdish woman in Taksim square, luckily, the bomb detonated prematurely before she could reach her target destination. I didn't see the bomb blast with my eyes neither did i see the catastrophe because the area was sealed by Turkish Jandama; in fact, i didn't even know that such incident took place, it was later in the day that i saw it on TV: That tells how much one passes through the shadow of death without knowing it.
   Well, you may try Turkey if you want to live by Faith owing to the quote "even if i pass through the valley of the shadow of death, i will fear no evil"
   And as for job, Turkey is very industrialised, in fact, more industrialised than many countries in the EU. But the wages are not encouraging, and yet you might not get a nice job for reason of language knowledge. Most Nigerians in Turkey are involed in Human trafficking, drugs and frauds, but there are some who do (what is known as) shabu-shabu menial jobs.
   The term "shabu-shabu" is a Turkish word which means: Quick-Quick. This is the most common word you'd hear from a Turkish employer who has no other means to communicate with his cheap employee who knows little or no Turk. So it's in the interest of the employer that his employee understands that one will be paid according to the measure of his sweat and that lazying around nor rest time will be tolerated
Re: Travelling To Turkey by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Oct 05, 2009
I think the school website should give u more info abt the city and what job avaiable to students.

There must be student forum where such things are discused.

Hope somebody who knows more will contribute.

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Nigeria This Christmas / Settling In Ghana. Any One With Advise On Cost Of Living? / School In Dubai And Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.