Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies (32750 Views)

Some Of The Most Ridiculous Selfies Ever Shared By Nigerian Youths Online (pics) / 19 Things (you May Not Know) You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera / Three Uses For Your Phone's Camera That Don't Involve Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by bulletproofmonk(m): 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2016

Learning About Stars
If you are enthusiastic about stars and constellations SkyMap for iOS and Android is a great tool you can utilize to study celestial bodies. By simply pointing your phone’s camera at a star with the app open, you can get more information about that star.

Give Visitors Your Wi-Fi Info
Write down your Wi-Fi name and password, take a photo and easily share with your visitors when they visit.

Business Card Scanner
Get all your business cards out of your wallet and have them scanned with your phone camera. One cool app I use is the CamCard scanner. It has a powerful OCR (Optical Character Recognition) feature which extracts all the data from the card into the application.

Solve Math
Do you need to help your kids solve their math homework? Unfortunately, you have forgotten basic arithmetic, an embarrassment you don’t want revealed to your child! Download Photomath and take a photo of the equation. The app will take you through the process of solving the equation step by step and give you the answer.

Get Your Exact Measurements
If you need to quickly stop by at a store to buy some clothes, the MTailor app uses your phone camera to get your accurate dimensions, so you don’t have to. For now, the app is available only for men.

Keep a Visual List of Your Favourite Items
Open a new page in OneNote or Evernotes to keep a visual list of your favourite items. Attempting to take mental notes might get you confused the next time you want to get your favourite soda at a store.

Barcode Scanner
Two apps come to mind – MyFitnessPal and Quick Scan. These two apps enable you scan products for nutritional facts, coupons etc.

Remember Your Makeup!
Simply take pictures of your foundation, blush and lipstick without having to memorize names or numbers. Voila!

Save Your Neck
The TextNeck Indicator Lite app uses your phone’s camera to watch your head and alerts you when you are in a poor phone posture.

Be Safe In an Emergency
Write down what you are allergic to, what medications you take and your emergency contact information. Take a photo of the information. Then, make the photo your phone's lockscreen photo in case someone needs your information and you're unable to speak or incapacitated in some way.

Get Help After a Robbery
Take photos of all of your credit/debit cards, your car’s plate number and your car's VIN number. If your wallet or car is stolen, you'll have all the information you need to report it to the card issuing company or police.

Source: http://allaboutbytes..com.ng/2016/09/11-things-you-can-do-with-your-phones.html

57 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by 0955eb027(m): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2016
following
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Davash222(m): 3:39pm On Sep 04, 2016
Apart from the last point , others are inconsequential.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by hakinze00(m): 3:51pm On Sep 04, 2016
i must say this is very educative. chai i wish i knew about that maths app earlier, döz days wen person go dey crack e brain for further mathematics exams den!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Awesome80(m): 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2016
This is awesome but why not x-ray

15 Likes

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by robinicule(m): 5:58pm On Sep 04, 2016
iffa hear say you scan star with tecno 5mp.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Opistorincos(m): 12:21am On Sep 05, 2016
cool points

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by dynamo77(m): 7:50am On Sep 05, 2016
Can be used as a mirror
You might need to see your face in the absence of a mirror

13 Likes

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by herzern(m): 6:52am On Sep 06, 2016
Okay!...

Buh most of those lists still need help from an app or more to perform those functions....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by herzern(m): 6:52am On Sep 06, 2016

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by magabounce(m): 6:56am On Sep 06, 2016
None made sense!!!
The most inconsequential is d 1 dat I wee snap my wi-fi password and share with friends?
[size=20pt]Why na[/size]?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by maafen: 6:56am On Sep 06, 2016
Can't I use it as CCTV too?

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 06, 2016
cool
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 06, 2016
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by nedgist: 6:59am On Sep 06, 2016
Imma big Boss...cutest on nairaland
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by nedgist: 7:00am On Sep 06, 2016
first time!!! I need 5000 likes...oya, began to liking my comment

2 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by oganology33(m): 7:02am On Sep 06, 2016
I'm still laffing at maself why dat maths solving part got my total attention. Lolol
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by simplemach(m): 7:02am On Sep 06, 2016
Even to save a gurl's face
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by sugarwiz(f): 7:03am On Sep 06, 2016
Ok...bur selfies are still d bes
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Emeka71(m): 7:03am On Sep 06, 2016
Lazy students can use thier phone camera to snap notes instead of copying them or snap pages of a text-book.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 06, 2016
BUT IF U.BUY NEW CLOTH, U.NID TO AV A SELFIE. because OF DIS THEIF IN CAMPUS DAT STEAL.CLOTH.

1 Like

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by MVLOX(m): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2016
Ok na
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by nymphomaniac(m): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2016
Informative
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by faruz: 7:12am On Sep 06, 2016
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Zico4real(m): 7:20am On Sep 06, 2016
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by missuniverse(f): 7:24am On Sep 06, 2016
Kul
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Zico4real(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2016
The most important, it can be use to test remote control, tv remote ,satellite remote, e.t.c if it's working.
How to test remote controls
switch on your phone camera
point and press the remote control on the sensor of your phone camera, and you will see the magic that will happen.

3 Likes

Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Chuukwudi(m): 7:25am On Sep 06, 2016
Thank you
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Araoluwa005(m): 7:27am On Sep 06, 2016
you can use your phone to know your blood group and your genotype
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2016
magabounce:
None made sense!!!
The most inconsequential is d 1 dat I wee snap my wi-fi password and share with friends?
[size=20pt]Why na[/size]?
Ah taya o, When i no be father Christmas.... this OP self ehn..
Re: 11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies by chimauga(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2016
Good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators / #Xenophobia: Angry Nigerian Burns His MTN Mifi / Solution To Getting BIS Edge Or 3g Network Symbol On Android.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.