Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:41 PM

How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net (3072 Views)

How Reliable Is Web4africa.net Hosting Server / Which Is Preferable; Whogohost Or Web4africa? / Is Web4africa.ng Or .net A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by flimzy24: 12:02am On Sep 05, 2016
I made an online transaction to purchase a domain for my blog after some searching i discoverd this fraudulent web hoster.WEB4AFRICA.NET not knowing that this was the beginning of my problems. After the online transaction, my account was debited immediately without a waste of time. After the purchase, i discoverd an opposite of the features of what I read earlier during the search. Which includes:Clients inability to change and edith his DNS, NAMESERVERS etc. After sometime, i discoverd their Live Chat since the always busied my calls. I chatted with the admin who asked for my blog CNAME which i sent to him ignorantly after that i was asked to hold on for like 2-4 hours which i did after the waiting and supposed time, everything was still the same i tried to chatting through the live chat where the admin pretended not to know me and what i am talking about even as a logged in member. Can you imagine the scam? After that i was asked to hold on for few hours by the fraudulent admin. For close to 4 days now i have been "holding on" and nothing has been done by the fraudsters . I know refund is not possible because i have been scammed. I just want to make this known to African web designer and young upcoming bloggers to be wise and never fall for scammers so called "webhosters" web4africa.net an example. Admins and moderators pls move this warning and advice to front page... BE WARNED

Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by Lastking147(m): 12:14am On Sep 05, 2016
U guys suppose don wise up na undecided
Naso one guy was scammed earlier
Smh fr u ppl
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by jimcomb(m): 12:39am On Sep 05, 2016
So sorry bro.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by finalboss(m): 12:44am On Sep 05, 2016
scammers every where
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:59am On Sep 05, 2016
I have been using them for 2years+ but I have.never experienced any problems.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by yomalex(m): 2:33am On Sep 05, 2016
Web4africa has 'credibility' issues, late to activate orders and so customers feel they have been scammed or about to be scammed. there are whole lot of complaints on nairaland alone, it surprises me after all this while (close to 10 years if not more in the business i think) they still can't do automatic activation of orders cry
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by web4africa: 5:39am On Sep 05, 2016
What is your name and/or domain name?
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by flimzy24: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2016
web4africa:
What is your name and/or domain name?
that is all you fraudsters keep asking
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by web4africa: 11:08am On Sep 05, 2016
flimzy24:
that is all you fraudsters keep asking

You CANNOT make wild allegations on a public forum and not back it up with fact. You cannot be traced in our billing system since you have not posted your personal name nor the supposed domain. I need something to check our system for your complaints.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by bedfordng(m): 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2016
web4africa:

You CANNOT make wild allegations on a public forum and not back it up with fact. You cannot be traced in our billing system since you have not posted your personal name nor the supposed domain. I need something to check our system for your complaints.
guess the op is angry for the dns issue. Although i don't know why you guys decided to remove the dns management features from your site when other domain registrar have it. One cannot change it by themself which makes them to feel they are being scammed. I once directed some one to purchase domain from your site since am using your platform majorly for most of my domain but the person told me that he has been scammed because to him, after login to his account, there was no dns management features because i have giving instructions on how he can use your platform to link his domain to blogger. Unfortunately for him, he was not able to do it by him self, so i had to login to my own account to confirm if its for real only to find out that the dns features is no more there.

I chatted with your technical team, they were asking for details to do it themself and i asked why, they said they were having issues with the dns service and it will be resolved but uptil now, it is still same, no dns management features which is not encouraging at all because one cannot call or chat you guys up in the middle of the night to use dns features. Its not encouraging because the dns features is something that should be on ground for customers to make use of at any time 24/7 in case there is emmergency when working on their site. For this reason, i have stopped redirecting users to your platform to purchase domain because they keep complaining about not able to use dns features at their own will. Even me too i am not really encouraged to continue without such features from your platform. You guys should find a way to add the dns management features back for customers to have access to it instead of them sending their details to you guys in this moden days. As for the op, you should be patient because i am sure they have not scammed you. You just have to contact them and send your order details to them.

You guys should really find a solution to this and add the dns features for every customers to have access to it without restricting them to only sending their details to your team. Its one features that makes sense for domain configuration.i will wait to see how it goes before this year end and if nothing is done about it, i would have to transfer all domains from your platform. Its not encouraging at, not having dns features at will
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by web4africa: 4:51pm On Sep 05, 2016
No. You won't answer for the OP. I need the specific domain name or his real name to even start checking the spurious allegations. Throwing words recklessly only by hiding behind an alias is hardly ideal.

In your particular case, give me the type of domain. .com? .ng? I can reference and clarify.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2016
web4africa:
No. You won't answer for the OP. I need the specific domain name or his real name to even start checking the spurious allegations. Throwing words recklessly only by hiding behind an alias is hardly ideal.

In your particular case, give me the type of domain. .com? .ng? I can reference and clarify.

Amazing how you completely ignored the @bedfordng who mentioned a major issue with your service that is making people call it a scam including the op as the op mentioned the same thing.

You ignored the whole thing and this is the response you can give? You expect the op to publish his real name or website name on public forum? Why can't you check your live chat logs for the customers who have been chatting regarding the issues the op raised and also the support tickets open and resolve them.

Not trying to divert the thing.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by talk2hb1(m): 11:45pm On Sep 05, 2016
To me they were being buried by over success of their promotion and marketing, this is bad for business @web4africa I cant get auto service after payment. You need to automate your business as much as possible, we all wants to make money not loose it.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by web4africa: 12:25am On Sep 06, 2016
coolsix:

It's okay for a faceless individual to scream blue murder and not provide a single clue or proof so his allegation can be verified and solutions proffered?

Did you notice the In your particular case, give me the type of domain. .com? .ng? I can reference and clarify. directly addressed to "bedfordng"?
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by web4africa: 12:28am On Sep 06, 2016
talk2hb1:
To me they were being buried by over success of their promotion and marketing, this is bad for business @web4africa I cant get auto service after payment. You need to automate your business as much as possible, we all wants to make money not loose it.

Most domains go through automatically most of the time.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by web4africa: 1:29am On Sep 06, 2016
OP, is this your domain?

Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by FincoApps(m): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2016
coolsix:

Amazing how you completely ignored the @bedfordng who mentioned a major issue with your service that is making people call it a scam including the op as the op mentioned the same thing.

You ignored the whole thing and this is the response you can give? You expect the op to publish his real name or website name on public forum? Why can't you check your live chat logs for the customers who have been chatting regarding the issues the op raised and also the support tickets open and resolve them.

Not trying to divert the thing.

What's wrong with posting a name in a public forum..... except you've got multiple things to hide...

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by bedfordng(m): 12:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
web4africa:

It's okay for a faceless individual to scream blue murder and not provide a single clue or proof so his allegation can be verified and solutions proffered?

Did you notice the In your particular case, give me the type of domain. .com? .ng? I can reference and clarify. directly addressed to "bedfordng"?
at least you can still clarify the various domain types by stating it without me mentioning them. I am not awere of the domain types that are affected with missing DNS features on you platform because for now I only have .com domains on your platform. so you can throw more light to why there is no DNS features on your platform for various domain types including ..com . like I had said, I usually give instruction on how bloggers can link their blogger domain by themself for those who want to buy domain from your platform but they often complain that they can't find the DNS management. it used to be there when you were still using the old design but after upgrading to the new design, it got missing in action and I went through series of chat with your team to activate DNS zone features when I wanted to link some one domain myself, then after that, it went missing again. is it that customers are not allowed to use the DNS features at will or they must go through your team to set it up for them. we have to know so we can decide whether to stick with your service or transfer to other domain registrar that offer DNS management features for same price or even lesser because its not encouraging at all as one cannot use DNS management at their own will and I still don't know why you removed DNS features on your platform. as you can see from the screenshot below, when i bough this domain, i did the dns changes myself now i can't find the dns features on it. this screenshot was just taken now. before now, the dns management used to be below the change name server button but i can't see it any where on your platform. most of us do engage in expired domain and most of the domain parking and selling site would want you to add cname records or any other configuration on your domain aside using the name server. even some stats analytic and other site have domain config option to verify your ownership but one cannot do it instantly without contacting your technical team. its not encouraging at all.

Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by hostkobo(m): 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2016
yomalex:
Web4africa has 'credibility' issues, late to activate orders and so customers feel they have been scammed or about to be scammed. there are whole lot of complaints on nairaland alone, it surprises me after all this while (close to 10 years if not more in the business i think) they still can't do automatic activation of orders cry

web4africa has credibility issues, yet web4africa isnt doing anything redeeming its image.

I made a comment on the whogohost issue days back, web4africa shouted me down, asking for proofs as if he is innocent. I replied with my proof and web4africa has since zipped his mouth.

here it is: https://www.nairaland.com/3282426/whogohost-why-never-use-nigerian/2#48565862

regards
HK
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by talk2hb1(m): 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
web4africa:

I made a bANK deposit for a domain transfer, yet still waiting for the domain to be transfered from goddady.com and the domain name is expiring today, I have opened a ticket yet the ticket wasnt attended to undecided
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2016
FincoApps:

What's wrong with posting a name in a public forum..... except you've got multiple things to hide...

There are lots of things wrong.

If so, why use FincoApps and not your name?
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by D34lw4p(m): 10:42pm On Sep 06, 2016
All this response i'm seeing here is a complete waste of time and didn't see anyone worthwhile to point a finger at as clean and clear. Now the Op made a post pointing out at some errors at Web4africa. What I expected to see is if the Op can't post his details here then Web4Africa should post an email that can be used to contact them specially with the details of the affected sites.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by FincoApps(m): 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
coolsix:

There are lots of things wrong.

If so, why use FincoApps and not your name?

My real name, as in the user currently commenting is Efetobor Owen Agbontaen.

I dunno why people take this privacy shit so personal
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by ilovebbwgirl: 6:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
Am using web4africa working fine

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by admindim: 9:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
no proof for accusation case dismiss

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
FincoApps:

My real name, as in the user currently commenting is Efetobor Owen Agbontaen.

I dunno why people take this privacy shit so personal

Different strokes for different folks
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by web4africa: 6:40am On Sep 12, 2016
@ flimzy24 - if you're the client we suspected you are, the DNS setup was fixed same Sunday before you opened this alarmist thread. The screenshot I shared earlier is to the blog the domain was pointed to. If that your blog, you need to update the address you gave us to a real address. We do not tolerate fake physical addresses in our billing system. You risk having your domain suspended if you don't comply.

@ bedfordng : I asked because our .com and .ng DNS configs work differently. Meanwhile, your .com domains were all activated last week for DNS management. Apologies. I couldn't get you on phone same day. Your phone was switched off.

@ talk2hb1 - domain transfers are never completed instantly. It would take anything from a few hours to 7 days.

Thanks for your support.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by talk2hb1(m): 6:50am On Sep 12, 2016
web4africa:

Can you please send me a private mail at talk2hb1(@)gmail(.)com
I do not want to post my complaint on public forum concerning one of your supports.
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by 3RNEST(m): 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2018
What's WRONG with WEB4AFRICA services?

Are they SCAMMERS or What? Since December 2017 i ordered for as single domain name, not yet activated, support teams are dead not respondinq, i need help here before i consider this as SCAM... angry angry
Re: How I Was Scammed By Web4africa.net by netghost: 2:07pm On Jan 28, 2018
You have been scammed ...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Latest Music At Naijaplay.tk / How To Avoid Being Marked As Spam – Semalt Tips / Interesting Tips On How To Spice Up A Boring Blog Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.