Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

See What Happened To This Kano Girl Who Scored Straight As In WAEC - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What Happened To This Kano Girl Who Scored Straight As In WAEC (849 Views)

Meet Okorogheye Orisheneye David, 15-Year-Old Who Scored 9 A's In WAEC, 332 JAMB / Shitu Abdullahi Scored 306 In JAMB And Also Excelled In WAEC. But Has No Sponsor / Nigerians On Twitter To Give N525k To Cynthia Chinecherem Who Made 9A1 In WAEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What Happened To This Kano Girl Who Scored Straight As In WAEC by james669: 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2016

Ms Fa’iza Abubakar has been offered automatic scholarship up to the doctorate level by the Kano state government following her impressive result in the just released West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) exam.

Premium Times reports that Governor Abdullahi Ganduje awarded Fa’iza the scholarship after scoring A’s in all the nine subjects she registered in her WAEC result.
The young girl who hails from Bakin Zuwo, in Kano Municipal area received the scholarship to study any course in any university across the world for undergraduate, post graduate and doctorate level.

The governor said: “This gesture is to acknowledge merit and to especially encourage girl-child education in our state.”

He also said the state government was working to ensure that gifted children were given the opportunity to fully explore their potentials.

He said: “We are happy that this child has performed very well and I want to assure that we will continue to encourage our people to achieve in their chosen endeavours and bring honour to their families, the state and the nation at large”.

In an interview with Daily Trust, Fa’iza said she was glad with her performance and happy to make her parents proud.

“I feel happy and excited that I was able to achieve this and made my parents and family very proud of me. The feeling is overwhelming.”

She disclosed that she was expecting a minimum of B@ and the straight As was a surprise to her.

“I wanted a minimum of B2. That was my goal. It came as a surprise getting such a result but then I know I worked hard for it.”

“I didn’t start studying recently. I started since when I was in SS1. I read my books for around two hours every day. I don’t read at night because I find it difficult to retain what I have studied. When I was in SS3 my study patterned changed because I started reading a lot more. We also had extra classes and classes here in school.”

“My study pattern is to read whatever it is that I don’t know. I study more on topics that I don’t understand completely to shed better light on it.”

She said English was her weakest subject and had to study extra hard for it while mathematics was her easiest as she didn’t have to study hard to understand it.

“I don’t study at night at all. I don’t like reading at night because I believe the brain needs to sleep and if you read at night, whatever you might study, your brain probably won’t be able to remember it the next day.”

She said she was not a very smart child when she was young but became serious in JSS3.

“I was a playful kid, when I was in junior secondary school I wasn’t very serious until JSS 3 when I became serious then everything became normal. In SS1 I found it easier to read, I’m somebody that is very quiet. But I wasn’t actually smart when I was young.”

“My dream university is Harvard University but I have applied to a few universities. I also plan on applying for scholarships at some reputable universities abroad too. I applied to Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria as my choice for JAMB.”

She advised other students to study and understand themselves instead of trying to be like others.

“Just be yourself, because sometimes when you join the crowd you become lost, everyone is different, don’t compare, when you discover yourself everything will be easy. Be attentive to details, be confident and believe you can do better.”

Source: http://nigeriabreakingnews.com.ng/see-what-happened-to-this-kano-girl-who-scored-straight-as-in-waec/
Re: See What Happened To This Kano Girl Who Scored Straight As In WAEC by Calismart(m): 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2016
i saw this picture somewhere but didnt believe it. So na true?
Re: See What Happened To This Kano Girl Who Scored Straight As In WAEC by YhungPablo(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2016
booked.
Re: See What Happened To This Kano Girl Who Scored Straight As In WAEC by Curdlebug(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2016
That girl probably attended one of the best secondary school there is in Nigeria. Preferential treatment, anyways, its sure seems the parents are rich also.

(1) (Reply)

Free! Free!! Free Ict Training!!! Become An Expert / AN Open Letter To University Of Ilorin Vc / Facts I Learnt In The University.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.