Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,490 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Ever Felt Like Yawning When You See Someone Else Yawning? Read Why It Happens - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ever Felt Like Yawning When You See Someone Else Yawning? Read Why It Happens (335 Views)

Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) / Ever Felt Like You Are Being Tied Down Even After Waking? See Why. / Have You Ever Felt Sweet Pain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ever Felt Like Yawning When You See Someone Else Yawning? Read Why It Happens by bstringz(m): 10:47pm On Sep 05, 2016
Ever felt like when you see someone yawning? I know I have felt that way. Whenever I see someone yawning the sensation to yawn builds up in me. Infact I feel like yawning just writing this.
So what is this phenomena behind these issues? It’s called “contagious yawning” Yea, not only Ebola is contagious, a yawn also is very contagious
About half of adults yawn after someone else yawns due to a universal phenomenon called “contagious yawning.” Contrary to popular belief, a new study from Duke University suggests that contagious yawning is not strongly related to variables like empathy, tiredness, or energy levels.

Previous studies have suggested that there is a connection between contagious yawning and empathy. However, researchers at The Duke Center for Human Genome Variation found that contagious yawning may decrease as people age and may not be associated with empathy.
The lack of association in our study between contagious yawning and empathy suggests that contagious yawning is not simply a product of one’s capacity for empathy,” said study author Elizabeth Cirulli, Ph.D., assistant professor of medicine at the Center for Human Genome Variation at Duke University School of Medicine. The researchers emphasized that a better understanding of the biology involved in contagious yawning could ultimately lead to a better understanding of illnesses such as schizophrenia and autism.

Children with Autism (A severe brain disease) are less likely to yawn than their peers who are “normal”
In a study of about 30 6- to 15-year-olds with autism spectrum disorders (ASD)..

Continue reading here http://truenaijayarn.com/ever-felt-like-yawning-see-someone-yawning-read-happens/

Re: Ever Felt Like Yawning When You See Someone Else Yawning? Read Why It Happens by SalC: 10:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
Aww
I yawned for merely seeing the picture on this post.
Re: Ever Felt Like Yawning When You See Someone Else Yawning? Read Why It Happens by Julietcutie(f): 11:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
lol just yawned now

(1) (Reply)

Preventive Healthcare Is Key!!! / Vaccine Against Cocaine Addiction Starts Test Trials On Animals / These Scientific Studies Were Deemed Silly Or Obscure, But Led To Major Breaktru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.