Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

How Can I Configure The OSPF Router ID? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can I Configure The OSPF Router ID? (777 Views)

How Do I Configure An IP Address For The Management Interface Of A Switch? / How Do I Configure Screen Display For Huawei Switch? / Canon PIXMA Ip7200 ID Card Printer Get A Corel Draw Template (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Configure The OSPF Router ID? by honesorry: 4:04am On Sep 06, 2016
When configuring an OSPF process, you can specify a router ID.

For example, you can run the ospf 1 router-id 1.1.1.1 command:

[HUAWEI] ospf 1 router-id 1.1.1.1If no router ID is specified when the OSPF process is configured, the OSPF router ID is selected according to the following rules:

If one or more loopback addresses are configured, the router ID is the loopback address with the highest IP address.
If no loopback address is configured, the router ID is the interface with the highest IP address.
NOTE:
If the current OSPF process is running, the router ID does not take effect immediately even if it is re-configured manually or recalculated. The router ID takes effect only after the OSPF process is restarted.
S7700, S9700

(1) (Reply)

Free Advert Upload To 50 Websites At Once(advert Broadcast) / Grade A Internal 2.5" Sata Hard Drives For Laptop. 7200 Revolution Speed! / Lenovo Thinkpad Mini Laptop N29,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.